Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-25-11, 11:09 PM  
isebelleg44

If I liked Max Interval Sports Training, will I like Asylum?

I've had Insanity since late 2009. I bought them off Ebay and know they had to be fakes. The main discs from the basic set all play fine. The only workouts of the deluxe ones that play is the upper body workout. I like the workouts, but never did the full rotation. I just sprinkle them in here & there. I think I would use them more often, if it wasn't for that crazy warm up.

I finally got to try Max Interval Sports Training, which I loved! The warm up wasn't nuts and there was enough rests sprinkled throughout. The workout flew and I felt like the athlete I never was growing up. The bad news is now I am interested in Asylum.

For those of you have this set, is it similar in feel to Max Interval Sports Training? Are there rests? Are the warm ups insane?

I am advanced exerciser, but did LHB yesterday and found that super tough. I found Max Interval Sports Training much more manageable, but definitely challenging. I guess I just need some recovery periods in my workouts, although I do fine with Pure Cardio.
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-11, 02:32 AM  
daisyfit

I had Insanity and I ended up trading it because I found it too hard and challenging. I bought Insanity Asylum and I love it. I love working with the ladder ( I don't use the skipping rope, I copy those in the workout who don't use the rope either). The workouts are all fun, doable and the time flies by and at the end of the 40 minutes, I feel sweaty and very worked out but I feel good too. There are a few water breaks interspersed in the workouts. I think the Asylum is a more balanced program than Insanity because there is a strength dvd on it which is very effective, there is also a core and back dvd which I love and a relief/stretch dvd which is worth it for the price of the Asylum kit. It is quite possibly the best stretch dvd I have and I use it all the time. The Asylum kit is a great investment, I don't think you'll regret buying it.
daisyfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-11, 05:39 AM  
Aquajock

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyfit View Post
I had Insanity and I ended up trading it because I found it too hard and challenging. I bought Insanity Asylum and I love it. I love working with the ladder ( I don't use the skipping rope, I copy those in the workout who don't use the rope either). The workouts are all fun, doable and the time flies by and at the end of the 40 minutes, I feel sweaty and very worked out but I feel good too. There are a few water breaks interspersed in the workouts. I think the Asylum is a more balanced program than Insanity because there is a strength dvd on it which is very effective, there is also a core and back dvd which I love and a relief/stretch dvd which is worth it for the price of the Asylum kit. It is quite possibly the best stretch dvd I have and I use it all the time. The Asylum kit is a great investment, I don't think you'll regret buying it.
I'm with Daisyfit. Although I still haven't been able to "fully explore" all of the workouts, I have done Vertical Plyo, Speed & Agility and Game Day and really loved them! In fact, Game Day is on my schedule for this morning.

If you liked Max Interval Sports Training, you'll especially like Game Day - it's M.I.S.T. on steroids! This one does incorporate pull-ups, BUT it also offers an alternative for the non-pull-uppers.

Worthy buy, worthy buy.

A-Jock
Old 06-26-11, 07:14 AM  
horusosiris

I agree that if you like MIST then you will most likely enjoy Asylum. 'Game Day' incorporates more sports than MIST and is fun! I like all the dvds. The 'Strength' DVD is challenging but doable. I like the "Relief' workout because it is short, and effective. I think that Vertical plyo and Game day are my favorites, but all of them are good.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-11, 09:44 AM  
isebelleg44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquajock View Post
I'm with Daisyfit. Although I still haven't been able to "fully explore" all of the workouts, I have done Vertical Plyo, Speed & Agility and Game Day and really loved them! In fact, Game Day is on my schedule for this morning.

If you liked Max Interval Sports Training, you'll especially like Game Day - it's M.I.S.T. on steroids! This one does incorporate pull-ups, BUT it also offers an alternative for the non-pull-uppers.

Worthy buy, worthy buy.

A-Jock
I have a pull up bar, but have to use the woody bands for assistance. Do these workouts give you enough time for pull up set up?
isebelleg44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-11, 10:13 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by isebelleg44 View Post
I have a pull up bar, but have to use the woody bands for assistance. Do these workouts give you enough time for pull up set up?
I use my bands for some of the pull up sets. . I just left the bands set up on the pullup bar.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-11, 02:11 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Darn it this thread is making me want Asylum!!! I'm going to have to re-visit MIST and see what I think.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
asylum, insanity, shaun t