Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-11-10, 10:41 PM  
lulubell

Copying of VF reviews on other sites (was Someone also copied my review @ Collage!)

I was checking the Lalo 2 reviews and I see one I wrote, I can't remember which forum on Jan 2. but I never posted it! I can't believe this and someone else had the same thing happen! I emailed Collage and asked them to remove it and suggest they get to the bottom of it whether it's someone on their staff or Lalo's people...I wish we could find out as this is sooo not right!!

Aggie
lulubell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-10, 10:46 PM  
KathAL79

Wow! One incident reflects poorly upon both Collage and Lalo's people, but two confirms that someone with an interest in promoting Lalo's DVDs is deliberately seeking out reviews to post on vendor sites and that Collage has a poor system for checking to see if reviews are coming from legitimate sources.

For those who missed it, here's the other thread on a review cut from VF and pasted onto Collage's reviews.

Note: I have had a professional relationship with a vendor of health and fitness books and media. For details please see my profile.
KathAL79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-10, 02:31 AM  
keilan00

That's not cool. Lalo and his peeps are going to be in the VF doghouse now!
keilan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-10, 04:34 AM  
naturallove

Unacceptable! I started the other thread about having my review copied, and I had an ugly feeling that I wasn't the only one. I hope Collage clears this up ASAP!
P.S. Aggie-make sure you keep Wendy in the loop on this situation.
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-10, 06:21 AM  
ldy_solana

Quote:
Originally Posted by keilan00 View Post
That's not cool. Lalo and his peeps are going to be in the VF doghouse now!
i was just thinking the same thing. that and the OP of the other thread mentioned she didn't even get an apology from collage from all this. i know its just a review,but i would feel violated if it were my words up there. i don't know who is doing it but its shameful and it will keep me from buying/posting reviews at collage until the matter is brought to light on WHO is doing this.

kassia
ldy_solana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-10, 06:27 AM  
acescholar

Since the person who plagiarized those reviews on Collage obviously reads VF, I hope they are reading these recent VF posts and can see the damage they are causing Lalofit.

Perhaps because I'm an academic, I am really troubled by this copying of other peoples' work without permission. I have been on the fence (and ready to spring) about ordering Lalofit2, but I'm off for now until this gets sorted out.
acescholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-10, 06:32 AM  
naturallove

Quote:
Originally Posted by acescholar View Post
Perhaps because I'm an academic, I am really troubled by this copying of other peoples' work without permission. I have been on the fence (and ready to spring) about ordering Lalofit2, but I'm off for now until this gets sorted out.
I think that's why it bothered me so much as well. I too, am an academic, and I understand the importance of acknowledging other people's thoughts and work. Perhaps someone should write to Lalo and let him know what's going on. He should at least have a chance to respond, given that this has the potential to negatively affect his future sales.
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-10, 08:51 AM  
Gaylene

Quote:
Originally Posted by acescholar View Post
Since the person who plagiarized those reviews on Collage obviously reads VF, I hope they are reading these recent VF posts and can see the damage they are causing Lalofit.

Oy, that's beyond unethical if someone with a financial interest is lifting the reviews of other people! I thought that Collage would implement a new policy and accept some accountability for reviews after the Tracey Staehle Strike Zone fiasco, when it was obvious that a lot of reviews were being "planted", but it appeared that the only action that they took was to shut down any further reviews on that DVD.

On a side note, yesterday at Amazon I was looking at Mimi Solaire's Yin Yoga DVD, and noticed that in the item description, a review was given and credited as "Video Fitness Reviews"- the same review that appears here (a very good one!) by JustSandra. I was wondering if she or WWWendy had given permission for that to appear, or is permission even necessary? As long as the source is given, is Internet content considered to be public property and can be lifted and used in that way?
Gaylene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-10, 10:11 AM  
mtnmom

I have complained both here and on Collage's forum. There's no accountability for reviews at Collage. You don't need to register, you can submit reviews multiple times.

Gaylene mentioned you can no longer place reviews for Strike Zone. I was able to pull up the review form with no problem, although the last review posted was July, 2009. So not sure if new reviews are being posted or not.

One that gets me is the number of reviews (raving) of Jari's Extremely Ripped. Most were posted on the day that the DVD was released. I asked on the "Ask Collage" forum, just how that could have happened. It was other forum members that suggested people got their DVDs from other sources earlier than Collage's release date. Collage never did answer my question. I don't believe for a minute that all those reviews were from unbiased consumers.

I've suggested they impose a way of limiting an IP address to one review of any single DVD. I suspect that's not going to happen.

This thing with Lalofit I believe is a fan or staff member of Lalo's. I think not only should Collage be advised, but Lalo as well. I don't think he, personally, is responsible and should know.
Old 01-12-10, 10:59 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Is this (copying of VF reviews) happening with any other DVDs besides Lalo's? If not, then I doubt anyone at Collage is doing it, unless they have a thousand surplus Lalo DVDs to unload quickly.

Drop Two Sizes, Fit Body Blueprint, STRONG Eat. Lift. Thrive. and Revamp grad

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collagevideo.com, lalo fuentes, reviews