Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 08-07-19, 10:39 AM  
Lilypad

Barre 3

Hi,
So I’m thinking about streaming at Barre3 and I’m looking for some reviews and I also have a few questions. How long are the WO’s? Do they have Upper/Lower/Core classes? Can you track your workouts? How often do they add new content? I’ve tried the free classes that I found on YouTube and Vimeo and really love them.
Thanks so much
Lilypad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-19, 01:39 PM  
momofcha

They have new 30 minutes workouts weekly. They also add a 40 or 60 min workout monthly. There are ways to search, favorite workouts and they have 10, 20 minutes workouts that are set up. The shorter workouts are just parts of the longer ones

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-19, 10:42 PM  
diggerholliday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilypad View Post
Hi,
So I’m thinking about streaming at Barre3 and I’m looking for some reviews and I also have a few questions. How long are the WO’s? Do they have Upper/Lower/Core classes? Can you track your workouts? How often do they add new content? I’ve tried the free classes that I found on YouTube and Vimeo and really love them.
Thanks so much
As stated above the lengths are 10, 30, 40 and 60 min.
All the longer classes are total body. The 10 min, derived from the longer workouts, are more parts focused. There is a workout tracker. You get a sticker on a monthly calendar and in a separate page lists the names of the workouts and dates completed.
I'm also really liking Barre 3.
diggerholliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-19, 09:14 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

I LOVE barre3 streaming! I've been using it since April and I'm not sick of it at all. As digger said, there are a variety of workouts at 10, 30, 40 and 60 minute lengths. There is a TON of material on the site. YOu can search for workouts with a different focus--not so much 'upper' or 'lower' body focus, but terms like 'calm' or 'focused' or 'energy.'

The recipes are also delicious. I don't make all of them, but the ones I've made have all been good. All real food ingredients.

I just love the vibe of barre3. THey encourage you to modify as needed. The isntructors aren't all super lean. They don't go on and on about dancers. I mean, who cares if your instructor was a dancer?! I don't see how a dance background makes that much difference, but it's SUCH a thing in barre.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-19, 11:03 AM  
diggerholliday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggie's Auntie View Post
I LOVE barre3 streaming! I've been using it since April and I'm not sick of it at all. As digger said, there are a variety of workouts at 10, 30, 40 and 60 minute lengths. There is a TON of material on the site. YOu can search for workouts with a different focus--not so much 'upper' or 'lower' body focus, but terms like 'calm' or 'focused' or 'energy.'

The recipes are also delicious. I don't make all of them, but the ones I've made have all been good. All real food ingredients.

I just love the vibe of barre3. THey encourage you to modify as needed. The isntructors aren't all super lean. They don't go on and on about dancers. I mean, who cares if your instructor was a dancer?! I don't see how a dance background makes that much difference, but it's SUCH a thing in barre.
Forgot about the filter to get more calming or energizing workouts. You can also filter workouts with the use of props to no props.
I also really like that they show fitness at all sizes and offer modifications for most moves. Regardless I always feel worked out. Lol about the dancer thing. One of the reasons I can't do the Barre 3 DVDs frequently because of the constant reminders of who's a dancer or a cheerleader

Haven't tried the recipes but will check them out soon.
diggerholliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-19, 12:07 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

I am really enjoying the streaming. I like short workouts that get me moving in other ways and like doing the 10 minute workouts or sometimes longer ones. I think the workouts are really doable and love the attitude. I also appreciate them featuring other instructors from all over the country with different ages, gender, body types, etc.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-19, 08:20 AM  
Nuggie's Auntie

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggerholliday View Post
Lol about the dancer thing. One of the reasons I can't do the Barre 3 DVDs frequently because of the constant reminders of who's a dancer or a cheerleader
I've never done the b3 dvds and now I probably won't--that would aggravate me to no end!

Truly, does anyone think it makes a difference to have an instructor with a dance (or apparently cheer) background? Seriously, I'm asking! It baffles me that it's such a thing, because all the barre brands emphasize that you don't need to be a dancer to do barre (which is true.) So why do people make such a big deal about instructors who are dancers? I just saw an IG post from Ballet Physique about how all their instructors were dancers, so it got me thinking about it.
Nuggie's Auntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-19, 08:52 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

That's weird about the dancer thing - I just did the free Barre3 Anywhere (it was free workouts for 4 weeks) and didn't notice them mentioning that once. The one place I've observed that before is that Miranda/Sahra mention that in some of their CS/Essentrics DVDs (in fact, Miranda mentions that she is a dancer quite often).

I did like that they showed some variety in their instructor body types (ie, not all "super lean" as a prior poster mentioned). And the workouts for the Anywhere program were short and fun - most were 10 minutes, but every week there was one 30-minute plus a 20-minute live.

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
barre 3, barre3, barre3 streaming