Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Recipe Box

Old 01-22-18, 01:35 PM  
sherry7899

I made this recipe from 365 Days of slow cooking and Pressure cooking. It was really good! It says it makes eight servings, but it's definitely more than eight servings. I skipped the cheese. I didn't think it was needed.

instant pot lasagna soup

Prep Time: 15 minutes Cook Time: 2 minutes (plus time to come to pressure and time to release pressure) Yield: 8 servings Category: Soup
All the delicious flavors of lasagna in soup form! Plus, it’s made in the Instant Pot so it’s a meal that comes together quickly. Kids and adults alike will love this soup!

INGREDIENTS
1 lb ground Italian sausage (mild or hot, it’s up to you)
1 medium yellow or white onion, diced
5 garlic cloves, minced
1 green pepper, diced
1 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp basil
1/4 tsp marjoram
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp rosemary
1 bay leaf
1 Tbsp brown sugar
2 (14.5 oz) cans petite diced tomatoes
2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
4 cups water
1 Tbsp Better than Bouillon Chicken Base
3 cups uncooked campanelle noodles* (they look like little tiny lasagna noodles)
Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Grated mozzarella cheese
Ricotta cheese

INSTRUCTIONS
Turn the sauté function to the medium setting on your Instant Pot. Add the sausage, onions and garlic to the pot. Use a wooden spoon to break up the sausage. Brown the ground sausage and sauté the onions and garlic at the same time. Once the meat is browned and the onions are translucent drain off all the grease.

Add the green pepper, garlic, thyme, basil, marjoram, oregano, rosemary, bay leaf, brown sugar, tomatoes,tomato sauce, water, better than bouillon and uncooked pasta into the pot.

Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to “sealing.” Cook on manual high pressure for 2 minutes. Once the timer beeps, let the pressure release for about 5-10 minutes naturally and then gently move the valve to “venting” and let the rest of the pressure release.

Open the pot and stir. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese and a dollop of ricotta.

NOTES
This recipe makes 8 servings. If you have leftovers, you’ll notice the pasta will suck up a lot of the liquid of the soup. You can eat it like this (it will be more of a goulash consistency) or you can stir some broth into the leftover soup to make it more soup like.

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-18, 10:41 AM  
sherry7899

I used chicken broth instead of Bouillon.

Old 02-23-18, 04:41 PM  
katmom

Has anyone made non-dairy (nut based milks) yogurt using the Instant Pot?
Old 02-23-18, 05:07 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by katmom View Post
Has anyone made non-dairy (nut based milks) yogurt using the Instant Pot?
I've made lots of dairy yogurt, but none with any nut milks. I'd also love to hear if anyone has had success with them.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-18, 05:55 PM  
buffmama

I made soy yogurt yesterday for the first time. Creamy and yummy! Quart of unsweetened soy milk, 2 tablespoons commercial soy yogurt. Cooked 13 hours.
Old 02-24-18, 10:33 AM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffmama View Post
I made soy yogurt yesterday for the first time. Creamy and yummy! Quart of unsweetened soy milk, 2 tablespoons commercial soy yogurt. Cooked 13 hours.
That's great!

I bought a 3QT so I can try making yogurt. My six quart does not have the yogurt function. I didn't think I'd use it, but then I read about the cold start method, which is way easier. I may give it a shot tomorrow. I bought ultra pastuerized organic milk from Aldi and a small container of Fage plain 2% yogurt to use as starter.

Sherry

Old 02-24-18, 01:39 PM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Please post your results Sherry! I'm curious as I've never had great success using commercial yogurt as a starter. But I have used my own homemade yogurt and it worked well.

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-18, 03:14 PM  
sherry7899

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogapam View Post
Please post your results Sherry! I'm curious as I've never had great success using commercial yogurt as a starter. But I have used my own homemade yogurt and it worked well.
I plan to freeze some of the first batch in an ice cube tray or zip lock bag in 1 TBS amounts to use as starter next time.

I will!

Sherry

Old 02-24-18, 08:36 PM  
katmom

Like Sherry, I recently purchased the 3 quart because my 6 quart does not have the yogurt option and I was also concerned about odor transfer from all the soups I have made in the 6 quart.
Old 02-25-18, 09:51 AM  
buffmama

I have an 8 quart and made the yogurt in glass jar placed directly on the bottom.

Tags
instant pot, nutritional yeast, steel cut oats