Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-13, 07:48 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by caligurl View Post
that makes even less sense to me..... cuz I can buy DVD-r blanks and make my own legal backups for way less than $50
To each his own I guess. I personally don't have the ability to burn to a DVD and certainly wouldn't judge how anyone spends their own money.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-13, 07:58 PM  
Susan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitstick View Post
I never even considered these at the original price but am now wondering if I should bite!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmissa View Post
Omg this board I'm not even sure I want it but at that price I'm tempted
Same here. I'm not at all sure I even want them, but it's hard to resist a bargain!
Old 05-02-13, 08:10 PM  
desertMermaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
Same here. I'm not at all sure I even want them, but it's hard to resist a bargain!
I KNOW! I'm not sure what to do... What a predicament.
desertMermaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-13, 08:12 PM  
SquishyMommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Bot View Post
I'm kinda bummed. I JUST bought the series. Its one thing if you've had something awhile and gotten some use of it, then it goes on super sale and you can be happy others will have the chance to try it, but it is another when you just bought it and have only tried one or two of the workouts for the first time.
Ali,

I'm totally with you on this one. I JUST bought the series myself when we got back from Spring Break. I've only done each workout once. I ordered mine from Mary so got free shipping, but that's nothing compared to this discount. I really love this series and think it was worth the money I paid, but it was a HUGE splurge on my part and my conscience would have rested much easier not knowing that it is so cheap now! I totally understand having a sale, and honestly wouldn't care if it was only 20-30 dollars off what I paid, but to charge only 50 dollars???? That is enough to make me feel queasy.
Old 05-02-13, 09:39 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyMommy View Post
Ali,

I'm totally with you on this one. I JUST bought the series myself when we got back from Spring Break. I've only done each workout once. I ordered mine from Mary so got free shipping, but that's nothing compared to this discount. I really love this series and think it was worth the money I paid, but it was a HUGE splurge on my part and my conscience would have rested much easier not knowing that it is so cheap now! I totally understand having a sale, and honestly wouldn't care if it was only 20-30 dollars off what I paid, but to charge only 50 dollars???? That is enough to make me feel queasy.
I feel the same way. I have only tried two of them. I haven't purchased anything else myself in a long while with switching jobs (I did get a gift during Mary's sale, but dream body was my purchase). I felt kinnda guilty buying them. I know, the sale is so extreme that I can't help but think of how I could have saved almost $70 if I'd have waited a week or so. That is so much money. I feel queasy about it too.
Old 05-02-13, 10:19 PM  
holliholli915

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquishyMommy View Post
Ali,

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Bot View Post
I feel the same way. I have only tried two of them. I haven't purchased anything else myself in a long while with switching jobs (I did get a gift during Mary's sale, but dream body was my purchase). I felt kinnda guilty buying them. I know, the sale is so extreme that I can't help but think of how I could have saved almost $70 if I'd have waited a week or so. That is so much money. I feel queasy about it too.
I am completely in agreement! I just received my set last week after holding out forever. Had it been a minor discount, even a $50 discount, I wouldn't have batted an eyelash. But, charging $50 for the whole thing -- I'm SUPER irritated. Great deal for those who held out an extra week longer than I. But, zero regard for those of us who just made a purchase. I normally don't become unhinged over discounts. For instance, I don't expect to get a discount on the original DVD because I've had that for so long. But, I am disappointed in them on this deal. Tough luck, I guess.
holliholli915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-13, 11:58 PM  
koinonia

I know how you ladies feel about buying the set before the sale.
I just spent over $500 on Michellin tires at Costco, and 3 weeks later, they're on sale $70 off.
koinonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-13, 01:00 AM  
lila_says

Quote:
Originally Posted by junico View Post
Just checked before and shipping to Quebec was 20$$ Flat box rate
stephanie
$70 for everything is still VERY MUCH worth it. Just like everyone else, I'm disappointed that I didn't pay that little, but I've had mine over 2 months, so it's ok.

As to Mary charging so little for them, I highly doubt it & I should hope not. That lovely woman already goes above & beyond for her customers, such a crazy discount isn't anything one should ask of her (IMO).
lila_says is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-13, 04:39 AM  
junico

Quote:
Originally Posted by koinonia View Post
I know how you ladies feel about buying the set before the sale.
I just spent over $500 on Michellin tires at Costco, and 3 weeks later, they're on sale $70 off.
Go with your bill! Costco price adjusts within 30 days...
junico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-13, 06:09 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

Wow, an excellent deal for the set of 5 workouts! (I still don't want it though, lol.)
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dream body