Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-13, 08:05 AM  
cardio.junkie

Displaying the length of workout on your DVD player?

I am in the market for a new DVD player. However, I want one that shows me how long the workout is in it (or remaining time). Right now, mine does that. It's a Philips, and I'm having a hard time finding it again Anyway, I just push a button when I'm anywhere in the workout, and it will tell me how long the DVD is (or in Jari's workouts / chapter). I find it very useful, and use it often. You can't trust the back of DVD covers all the time when it comes to workout lengths!

Does anyone else's DVD player do this? If so, I'd love to know the make and model. Thank you in advance!!
cardio.junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-13, 08:58 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Mine does, though I can't say for certain right now that it does it with every dvd. I feel like I've had times when I've looked and not gotten the info I wanted -- I'm wondering if premixes might confuse it or something, not sure. At any rate, it's a Panasonic DMP-BD80. It's at least a couple of years old, I think, but it is Blue-Ray, so not ancient. Oh, and it displays how far into the dvd it is, not how much time is remaining. Sometimes I want to know that!! Good luck.
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-13, 10:11 AM  
ellaenchanted

If you have a laptop, you can hook it up to newer tvs. The laptop always shows how long a workout is and how much time has gone by/is left.
ellaenchanted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-13, 03:21 PM  
Teri L

I have recently purchased two DVD players and both have a button on the remote that displays the elapsed time and remaining time at the top of the screen. I bought a Samsung DVD-C550 and a Panasonic DMP-BDT220 (Blu-Ray).
Teri L is offline   Reply With Quote