Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-07-13, 10:34 AM  
prettyinpink

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslie w View Post
I find their instruction and cues more frantic than the actual exercises. I'm hoping they have a "music only" option with this new series.
Yes, me too. I really love the DreamBodys, so much that I ordered the older one even though I know I won't like the pop-ups.

I'm not looking at the screen a lot doing these (working too hard or in a position where I can't see it well). But when I do glance up, I often notice that the women are NOT doing the exercises at as fast a count as the instructor is giving, at least at the end of a set they often are not.

I guess the "faster, faster" thing is supposed to be motivating? But I find it motivating to know in my head that I can go at my own pace.
prettyinpink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-13, 10:47 AM  
yahoo205

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanneM View Post
Oh wow! I will be ordering these the minute they're available! As I think a lot of you know, the DB set has also given me amazing results!

holliholli915, I've been focusing on Tracy's Glutecentric on its own, but a post you made a few weeks back inspired me to add DB and Tonique back in, which I just started doing. The combo of all three is just perfect!
Could you share your rotation. Any extra cardio? Thanks
yahoo205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-13, 10:57 AM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettyinpink View Post
Yes, me too. I really love the DreamBodys, so much that I ordered the older one even though I know I won't like the pop-ups.

I'm not looking at the screen a lot doing these (working too hard or in a position where I can't see it well). But when I do glance up, I often notice that the women are NOT doing the exercises at as fast a count as the instructor is giving, at least at the end of a set they often are not.

I guess the "faster, faster" thing is supposed to be motivating? But I find it motivating to know in my head that I can go at my own pace.
I also motivate myself by knowing I can go at my own pace. I do that for Born To Move, as well.

I just spent some time on the Fusion Fitness website since someone posted in this thread about the descriptions of their other classes -- I was curious. They have a 12 week boot camp that starts today! It sounds like it consists of three live classes and three cardio sessions people do at home. Eva (I forget her login name) just started a DB check in and I'm wondering if people want to attempt to re-create this boot camp with three sessions a week for twelve weeks. Just a thought!
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-13, 11:14 AM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yahoo205 View Post
Could you share your rotation. Any extra cardio? Thanks
Hi Yahoo205 -- I've been doing Tracy Anderson's Glutecentric the last three weeks with a half-hour of cardio, but my rotation going forward is going to look like this:

--TA + cardio
--Barre workout (Booty Barre, Pop Physique, etc.)
--TA (no cardio)
--Dream Body workout (I'll cycle through the series)
--TA + cardio
--Tonique

I've been slacking off on tough cardio since I started Glutecentric, so I'm hoping that adding in the Tonique and DB will really help! When I was just doing Tonique and DB, I was getting amazing results -- a line across my inner thighs and toned arms/abs. I feel like I've lost that since I cut them out of my rotation, so am eager to start adding them back in.
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-13, 11:32 AM  
furmomof6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
I also motivate myself by knowing I can go at my own pace. I do that for Born To Move, as well.

I just spent some time on the Fusion Fitness website since someone posted in this thread about the descriptions of their other classes -- I was curious. They have a 12 week boot camp that starts today! It sounds like it consists of three live classes and three cardio sessions people do at home. Eva (I forget her login name) just started a DB check in and I'm wondering if people want to attempt to re-create this boot camp with three sessions a week for twelve weeks. Just a thought!
Bee, I would love to do that!! I actually emailed them a while back to see if they would do a virtual boot camp for those of us at home who want to follow along with the videos. The woman in charge of boot camps, Shawna, responded with a nice email saying she'd talk to Darby about it. She finally got back to me and said unfortunately, not at this time, but that it gave them something to think about and consider in the future! I figured it couldn't hurt to ask!

Anyway, I'm part of the check-in and did Fusion Mix today in honor of the bootcamp starting, so I'd love to try!!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-13, 12:26 PM  
kitty12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post

When I did DB for five weeks, I usually did it three times plus elliptical and other cardio, yoga, and whatever else i felt like mixing int.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-13, 12:30 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmomof6 View Post
Bee, I would love to do that!! I actually emailed them a while back to see if they would do a virtual boot camp for those of us at home who want to follow along with the videos. The woman in charge of boot camps, Shawna, responded with a nice email saying she'd talk to Darby about it. She finally got back to me and said unfortunately, not at this time, but that it gave them something to think about and consider in the future! I figured it couldn't hurt to ask!

Anyway, I'm part of the check-in and did Fusion Mix today in honor of the bootcamp starting, so I'd love to try!!
I was thinking about asking something like that, too! Well, we can certainly do it here, though it'd be nice to hear from the folks are doing it live -- I wonder if they might be willing to have a fb group or something. They may be nervous about running the risk of cutting off their boot camp revenue, but it would be nice for those of us who don't live near them, for sure. If I lived there, I'd be taking live classes, definitely! (though actually, that's pretty frightening -- no pause button!! )
bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-13, 08:43 PM  
holliholli915

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeanneM View Post
Oh wow! I will be ordering these the minute they're available! As I think a lot of you know, the DB set has also given me amazing results!

holliholli915, I've been focusing on Tracy's Glutecentric on its own, but a post you made a few weeks back inspired me to add DB and Tonique back in, which I just started doing. The combo of all three is just perfect!
I completely agree! For my body, tough workouts made for women are best. That's not to say that a guy can easily do them. Personally, I don't think they could hang with any of these workouts. But, my body thrives with this type of workout as opposed to other styles. I'm happy the rotation worked for you. I hope we just see more and more of these types of workouts in the future.
holliholli915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-13, 06:21 AM  
deineira

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
I'm curious as to how you are creating your rotation.

I really enjoy Tonique (I've got Energy Mat, Premier, 2, and BTM), HC, Peak 10 (I have More Cardio Interval Burn and More Cardio Strength), and DB (I have Tabata/Toning and Fusion Mix). A month or 2 rotation of these DVDs sounds interesting. I've got TA Mat and think that could be good in this kind of rotation.
Hi LoveVA
I will post my rotation when I get home this evening. I actually mapped out the entire month of April last night, so I'll share it. The basic premise is DB on alternative days and some cardio in between. It was kind of hard to map it out, but I have a plan now for the next three weeks.

Eva
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-13, 09:35 AM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deineira View Post
Hi LoveVA
I will post my rotation when I get home this evening. I actually mapped out the entire month of April last night, so I'll share it. The basic premise is DB on alternative days and some cardio in between. It was kind of hard to map it out, but I have a plan now for the next three weeks.

Eva
I'd love to see this, too, Eva!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dream body, fusion fitness