Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-06-13, 09:57 PM  
kitty12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveVA View Post
I was exactly the same way for a long time. I saw huge improvements in strength and cardio capacity doing Cathe, Mike D, Jillian workouts. However, it wasn't until I added TA Mat and Tonique that I actually saw physical changes in my body that I thought were just not possible. I've only just started doing my DB workouts, but I'm hopeful that I will see results from those also.
I did one Tonique workout and hated it - I think it was her mat workout but don't remember for sure. I didn't think it was very challenging and it was just rep after rep after rep. I would have preferred doing more difficult versions of the same exercises rather than so many reps. After that I never wanted to try her other workouts.

I am actually OK that I don't see physical changes. I saw a lot of changes about 4 years ago and have just stayed in shape since, always challenging myself with new stuff.

Glad that Tonique and TA have worked so well for you, though! I think DB is great. I did improve in strength with DB. Right now I'm doing a combo of XT2, Gymabstics, Les Mills Combat Ultimate Warrior, plus yoga and elliptical. And I added a ZCUT workout in this week. I had stopped my Combat rotation after week 6 and wanted to go back to it but I have so many other workouts to do so I am doing it in pairs, two workouts a week (one combat, one HIIT plus abs/Inner Warrior). After that I want to go back to DB.
kitty12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-13, 10:12 PM  
LoveVA

I don't mind high rep workouts at all (well, as long as I get something out of it! ) With the changes I've seen, I'm hoping I am near a point where I can work to maintain what I've achieved and just focus on strength and cardio improvement and not worry about shape.

Haven't bought a ticket on the ZCut train....yet! Good to hear that you got some strength gains out of DB, though. I really want to get Tabata/Toning and Fusion Mix into my rotations more frequently.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-13, 07:16 AM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

Holli, do you have TA's Meta or are you just doing Mat? Also, when you do her BDC do you do the entire workout from the learning part to the final cardio segment? I can't do more than a few minutes of her other dance cardio workouts because they're too hard on my feet, but I like BDC.

Reading about everyone's accomplishments also made me go out and buy the DB series and all the Toniques. When I first acquired Tonique Premier years ago I hated all the endless squats and lunges. I recently dusted it off after reading those amazing threads and now I'm in love with it! I give Tracy credit for helping me get in the zone when it comes to these types of workouts. I've been doing Tonique Premier twice a week in combination with TA and DB and various cardio routines. I just started, so I can't talk about results yet. Tonique's Cardio Mat is on the agenda for today.

I agree adding DB is the key. After I do a DB I just feel so much leaner and tighter. It's probably psychological - but it works for me!
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-13, 07:27 AM  
furmomof6

For those hoping these workouts will be a tad easier, it doesn't appear they will be. They posted this on their FB page:

It's TRUE! Fusion Fitness is putting out a handful of new Videos. Hold on to your panties... These are real butt kickers!

Yikes! I can't imagine them being any harder. I'm still in!!

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-13, 07:38 AM  
noraW

I am another one hoping they will slow down the frantic feel. The constant talking made it feel frantic for me. I can do tonique and as challenging as it is, I can get in a zone and keep chugging along. Even with the constant chatter of the VoiceOver in Premier, the fact that the chatter isn't fast paced, it doesn't give the same frantic impression.

All of that being said, I think they have a good thing going in regards to workout structure and would be interested if they eliminate the frantic feel and went for mor of a "controlled" feel.
noraW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-13, 07:44 AM  
leslie w
VF Supporter

I find their instruction and cues more frantic than the actual exercises. I'm hoping they have a "music only" option with this new series. Or an "instruction without cues" option, like they did on P90X. Or at least pause for a drink of water every once in a while! I know, I can dream!
leslie w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-13, 07:44 AM  
violingal3

Quote:
Originally Posted by furmomof6 View Post
For those hoping these workouts will be a tad easier, it doesn't appear they will be. They posted this on their FB page:

It's TRUE! Fusion Fitness is putting out a handful of new Videos. Hold on to your panties... These are real butt kickers!

Yikes! I can't imagine them being any harder. I'm still in!!
Now I'm really excited!!!
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-13, 09:08 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by violingal3 View Post
Now I'm really excited!!!
Me too!!!! I just did Fusion & I feel great!!!

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-13, 09:27 AM  
holliholli915

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslie w View Post
Holli, do you have TA's Meta or are you just doing Mat? Also, when you do her BDC do you do the entire workout from the learning part to the final cardio segment? I can't do more than a few minutes of her other dance cardio workouts because they're too hard on my feet, but I like BDC.
I do Meta Hipcentric. I have several of her mat workouts. But, I've never done them. Since I only do it 3x/week, it takes a little longer to get through the 10 days. But, I don't care. I wouldn't be able to do it everyday and be excited about it. There are just way too many other good workouts on the market.

When I do BDC, I do each of the 4 segments from start to finish. So, I do the instruction and the routine. I still get a good workout and I really think her cardio is cardio, if you know what I mean. I also do the original dance cardio which I like a lot as well. But, I need to mix up her cardio. I wish she came out with 15 minute segments every once in a while and just posted them online.
holliholli915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-13, 09:59 AM  
LeanneM

Oh wow! I will be ordering these the minute they're available! As I think a lot of you know, the DB set has also given me amazing results!

holliholli915, I've been focusing on Tracy's Glutecentric on its own, but a post you made a few weeks back inspired me to add DB and Tonique back in, which I just started doing. The combo of all three is just perfect!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dream body, fusion fitness