Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 01-22-13, 08:36 PM  
furmomof6

Quote:
Originally Posted by edensmom View Post
i agree...not a typical barre workout at all! I am liking what i see. Glad i ordered.
+1

My shop wordforthesoulart.etsy.com

"For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Timothy 4:8)
furmomof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-13, 08:42 PM  
zippity

Just ordered this set from Total Fitness DVD's; the workouts look absolutely fantastic!
Old 01-22-13, 08:43 PM  
LeanneM

I got my replacement pressed DVDs today, too!

I've been using these still with the new Tonique workouts, and am still having a love fest with these! As you can see from the clips, they are tough, but they're also a lot of fun! I feel worked from head to toe from each one, and am still getting good results.

I hope you all like them!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-13, 08:44 PM  
PhyllisG

I like some of the clips but not all of them. They still seem too fast for me.
All the instructors sound like Darby. I am afraid these might develop a dread factor over time. In each clip there were things I liked and things I didn't but like others have said there is plenty to grow into with these--at least for me. I can see why they are using such light weights! I have to think about these.
PhyllisG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-13, 08:47 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisG View Post
I like some of the clips but not all of them. They still seem too fast for me.
All the instructors sound like Darby. I am afraid these might develop a dread factor over time. In each clip there were things I liked and things I didn't but like others have said there is plenty to grow into with these--at least for me. I can see why they are using such light weights! I have to think about these.
I noticed that as well. They all seem like something is extremely urgent and we'd better hurry up and get the workout done!! Based on the clips, only a couple of them interest me, so unless someone wants to split a set, my credit card is safe

ETA: All 5 clips are up. Upon viewing them again, the only one that I could even somewhat see myself doing is the Fusion Mix. I'm glad I'm resistant to something!! Keep the barre/fusion workouts coming, my bank account needs a break
Old 01-22-13, 09:15 PM  
JanaK

Quote:
Originally Posted by zraipel View Post
I'm glad I'm resistant to something!! p
That's what I thought when I watched these! Good thing too, since this year I've already ordered the three Ellens and the two new Jessica Smiths.
Old 01-22-13, 10:07 PM  
violingal3

Leanna or Sue (or anyone else) - what weights are you using for these? The lightest dumbbells I have are 3 lbs, do I need to go get some 1 lbs or 2 lbs for these?
violingal3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-13, 10:10 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by violingal3 View Post
Leanna or Sue (or anyone else) - what weights are you using for these? The lightest dumbbells I have are 3 lbs, do I need to go get some 1 lbs or 2 lbs for these?
Yes! I started out with 2 lb & recently got a 1 lb set. Definitely some moves you can use a 2 lb. tonight for instance I did barre. There are a couple moves where you do lunges, using a resistance band, the whole time your other arm is sticking straight out - no way I could last doing that even with a 2 lber... Definitely went down to the 1's on that move....

Hth

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-13, 10:11 PM  
suegy3

Weird question for those that have the set...do these make you more hungry? Hard workouts are known to make people hungry. I know it's a weird question but this is a consideration for me. Thanks!
suegy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-13, 10:16 PM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by suegy3 View Post
Weird question for those that have the set...do these make you more hungry? Hard workouts are known to make people hungry. I know it's a weird question but this is a consideration for me. Thanks!
Not weird

Not at all for me

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
darby brender, dream body, dream body fusion, scratched dvds