Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 06-04-20, 05:25 PM  
Anny

Paine I kind of like it when I start a workout and tell myself that I will only do part but then get in the groove and do it all!

Beth the teacher in the training seems like she will offer some helpful tips.

I’ve been walking and doing some cobbled together weights workouts from Joyce Vedral’s books this week.

We have a long weekend this weekend (Queen’s Birthday) so I’m pretty happy!
Old 06-04-20, 06:16 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Anny, I have wound up doing the whole workout when I only planned on doing part. In fact, I was going to give up on today's Barre3 workout when they started doing all 4s work (which Paine knows I hate!), but that was short and so I made it until the end. Happy Queen's Birthday weekend!

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-20, 09:26 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Anny, I also like it when I do a longer workout than I expected to do. Enjoy your 3 day weekend!

Beth, LOL, I know you hate exercise on all 4's! It helps if I know how long the all 4's work will be. Today Margaret had 3 minutes on each leg for all 4's work and that was doable (6 minutes total).
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-20, 10:56 PM  
YogaGal

On Sunday I did KCM’s Kettlebell/Kickbox Fusion from Build & Burn which was a lot of fun as I like both of those types of workouts. Since then I’ve been doing Jessica dvd workouts:
Monday: “Buns & Thighs Walk” from Tone Your Trouble Zones and Sarah Beth’s Morning Vinyasa Routine.
I missed Tuesday as I overslept and had errands to run in the morning.
Wednesday: “Strength Interval” from the 30-Day Plan set and Sarah Beth’s Heart Opening Routine.
Thursday: “Fast Fat Burn” from 15 Minute Fast Fat Blasts.

Sandra: Another great quote selection! Learning from the past is good, but dwelling on it seldom is. A library with no patrons is strange, but sounds a bit like my first job here in AZ when I worked evenings (4 to 8 pm) at a small one room library at a small campus. It was so quiet and slow and somewhat boring. I was glad to move to the main campus which often got too busy, but I preferred that. Scary to hear about what happened to your niece years ago. Is she still doing online yoga classes?

cyana: I hope you can get into the dentist soon; you should call again. I’m sure all offices are different; my dentist was closed except for emergencies for a couple of months, but sometime in mid-May, they opened up again and said they are staying busy now. We’ve had to go to Home Depot or Lowe’s a few times over the past few months. The last time we were at HD, none of the employees wore masks which surprised me. At Lowe’s and other stores (grocery, Target, etc.) all employees wear masks. I hope you sleep better this week and do better with your self-care goals.

Paine: I can understand your not having a local dentist just yet; you haven’t been in your new home for very long and the stay at home situation started about that same time. When DH and I moved to Arizona, we lived a different area about 18 miles from where we do now. I selected a local dentist close to where we lived initially, and I’ve often thought of changing to a dentist closer to where we live now, but this dentist has been very good when I’ve had major problems (mainly professionally, but he also seems like a nice, nerdy guy), so I keep sticking with him even though it is about a half-hour, 16-mile drive and there are several dentists much closer. That is scary about the pharmacy where your son works; glad he was not working at the time.

Garrie: I envy you a bit being able to get back into a new routine; I find it so difficult to work from home with all the distractions. So while I completely understand and agree with not going in to work, I really miss the routine of “going to work.” I can imagine the strangeness of not having customers in the store, but at least they are out there and needing your help. DH and I made a brief stop at a couple of Goodwills last Saturday. They have suspended their 50% off days for the entire store due to COVID which I thought was smart. We would have left if it was super crowded, but it wasn’t. They do still have 50% certain colored price tags.

Beth: Glad you are enjoying your yin training. LOL at the braces analogy. I did a quick scan of clothes when we shopped at Goodwill, but didn’t find anything and would have thought long and hard about buying something without being able to try on or return. Glad you got your hair cut; I really need one, but not sure I will go just yet as cases are spiking in AZ. I cut DH’s hair once on Mother’s Day; it came out ok, but I didn’t take off much as I was unsure of my hair cutting skills. This time I tried to take more off and it came out pretty good, but I did get it a bit too short in one spot. I’ll be glad when we can both go to a professional!

Anny: Glad you got some weight routines done, along with walking. How nice that you get to enjoy a long weekend!
Old 06-05-20, 10:16 AM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Exhale Core Fusion Lean & Toned: Thigh Tone segment; Gluteal Tone segment
Bonus Thigh & Glutes
Bonus Shiva Rea Creative Core Abs (Spontaneous Core segment)

For the first time I noticed that Exhale Core Fusion Lean & Toned had a bonus section with a Bonus Thigh & Glutes and also a Shiva Rea core segment so I did them both. Meh, I didn't care for either of them but I'm glad I tried them both out. The movements in the bonus Thigh & Glutes felt awkward.

Carolyn, if you have a dentist you like, I would stay with him even though he is a bit farther away. It's comforting to have a dentist and medical doctor that you like and trust.
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-20, 05:52 PM  
JustSandra

Hello!

On Wednesday I did a MAW -- was planning a LAW but even though I left the house at 9am it got too warm for my comfort and I cut things short. No evening workout. I didn't do anything Thursday as it was just too hot! However, the heat wave broke today and we are enjoying a brisk cool breeze. I enjoyed a wonderful XLAW (2.5 hours!) this morning, and for

Today's Workout: I did Classical Stretch episode 1312. This gets me two-thirds of the way through Season 13.

Beth: Glad you managed a haircut! As I think I've mentioned, I'm letting my pixie cut grow out. That will minimize any need to see a hair stylist in case we go into another lockdown.

Carolyn: Thank you for asking about my niece! She is excited as she just got invited back to teach at one of the reopening yoga studios. She's pursuing other live teaching opportunities, too. However, she is still leading several online Facebook classes a week. I've been urging her to look into setting up her own YouTube channel like our Beth.

Paine: My niece is very "New Age" and into being her "authentic self." Recently, though, she was lamenting some gray hairs. When I suggested this was part of her "authentic self," she replied that the gray hairs didn't count towards that LOL!

Anny: Enjoy your long weekend!

Waving to all!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-20, 05:57 PM  
Anny

Carolyn seems like you have been enjoying Jessica’s workouts this week. I’m thinking of doing her Summer of Strength rotation using YouTube. Even though it’s winter here, I’m back at work five days a week and walking so it might be a good supplement. I enjoyed the three yoga challenges I did this year and found I liked having a plan in place. We’ll see!

Paine it’s always nice to discover bonus workouts, even though these ones were ‘meh’.

Saturday here and I’m going to the art gallery this afternoon. Yay!
Old 06-05-20, 06:01 PM  
Anny

Sandra we must have been cross posting!

I love your niece’s comment that grey hairs don’t count as her authentic self!

I hope you enjoy your hair as it grows out; it will be a change to have longer hair for sure.
Old 06-05-20, 06:15 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Today DH and I had a big outing--to the pharmacy to get Shingrex vaccination shots, haha. Have any of my over 50 friends here gotten theirs? My arm is a little sore, but DH says his is hurting quite a bit, and he had a headache too. Of course, it's expected.

Carolyn, DH hasn't gotten his hair cut since early March--and he usually goes every 3 weeks! I actually think it's cute longer; it's more like he wore it when we were younger. He is just giving the local salons a little time to settle after reopening, but he'll probably go in the next week or two.

Anny I'm glad I got my hair cut; I don't mind pulling it back in a ponytail when it's longer, but I like wearing it down, and it's harder to manage when longer. Today I had DH take a photo of the back--there are a lot of grays back there!

Sandra from what I have seen of your niece on FB, I think she's probably a bit more new age than me--and significantly younger, so I can understand her not being ready to embrace the gray hairs yet!

Paine, that's funny about the bonus segments! I think I might have tried that DVD via the library.

Speaking of which, my local library branch supposedly reopened for curbside this week, but I can't seem to find details on how to access. I did go to Goodwill yesterday and got 5 new books! I also bought a cute exercise top (new with tags still on).

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-20, 07:59 PM  
JustSandra

Beth: I had a shingles shot when I turned 60, but that was before the Shingrex vaccine was available. Luckily no adverse reactions. The way curbside service works with my library is that patrons request their books online. When the books are pulled and ready for pickup the patron gets an email with a link to click on to set a pickup date and time. We put the books (in labeled bags) on a table just outside our doors for patrons to grab and go. Of course I am sure other library systems may do things differently -- I think I read of one which has patrons call a phone number when they come to the library so their books can be brought out to them.

Anny: I had shoulder-length hair up to a couple years ago, long enough to pull back into a ponytail if I wanted. I went to the pixie cut for the daily convenience, but it does require a visit to the hair stylist every 5-6 weeks to keep it up.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote