Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 04-13-13, 07:15 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Dream Body, where to start?

Hi everybody!

I tried to find an answer to this, but it may be there and if so, I'm sorry.

So, for those of you with the set, I believe there is a learning curve? Which DVD would you recommend I start with? It seems maybe the bikini boot camp? Its not really intensity I'm asking about, just stylistic learning curve. I tend to get super frustrated when I can't figure out how to do a move fairly quickly. Thank you so much and again, sorry if this was addressed.
Old 04-13-13, 08:32 PM  
holliholli915

This may not answer your question as intended. But, before I dove into the set, I bought the single Original DB. I didn't want to commit to a $100 purchase and five DVDs without knowing whether I liked the style. I LOVED the style. But, I think the Original helped me get used to the fusion way. Plus, I still do the original.

As for the set, I think you just dive in. Fusion and Fusion Mix are good choices to start with because they're a good mix of everything. That's my .02.
holliholli915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-13, 08:52 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Thanks! I really appreciate the reply! I totally understand why you'd want to go that route! Its good to know which ones from the set are good to start with. I feel a little intimidated by the style/pace of the original. I figured maybe there was one in the set that was a . . bit easier to follow. I heard the original was super fast and I worry about being able to figure out what she is doing before she moves onto the next move, that I'll get frustrated and give up. I'll take your suggestion to start with a fusion one.
Old 04-13-13, 09:00 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Yep, just dive in and start swimming! I think pretty much all of us who are doing these struggled in the beginning, and they remain difficult. I know I cannot keep up with the pace for the most part -- I just go at my own pace and do the number of reps I can do. There are a few moves I modify -- just make them work for you!
bee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-13, 09:31 PM  
lila_says

I agree with the advice to dive right in. I would also say however, that previewing is very helpful, particularly if you're inclined to get easily frustrated with new workouts. Good luck!
lila_says is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-13, 11:15 PM  
bjammin13
VF Supporter

If I'm not mistaken this question was asked on Facebook and Darby replied to do the DVDs in the order they come in the case & that they are designed to be used that way with cardio,etc in between days
bjammin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-13, 12:22 PM  
slysam

I only have the original, but this is what I generally do... The first time I do the workout, I don't do the first one or two reps-- I watch to learn the exercise or think of a modification if I need one. With higher rep workouts you still get enough reps in this way. Then I do the exercise at a comfortable pace for me at that time. This also helps if the workout is too advanced. You have a progression built in, after you know the exercises you start when they start and most likely you will work to the same pace they do as soon as you are ready.
slysam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-13, 12:34 PM  
MamaBecca

I just got these too, and I dove in with Fusion Mix first. I thought it was really really hard! I almost gave up several times because I couldn't balance or get the moves as quickly as they do them. I tried part of Tabata&Toning today and found it easier to follow than Fusion Mix (though still very challenging). Several veterans of this program told me to just keep trying them and I'd improve, so if you think like I did that these are just impossible, you're not alone -- and it does get better!

CLX, TF, Skogg, RKS grad
STS Grad 2012
Les Mills Pump Grad 2013
Les Mills Combat Grad 2013
BeSLAM Grad 2013
Current rotation: Molly Galbraith GGS, Walking
MamaBecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-13, 01:07 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Thanks so much for the reassurance. I think I will preview, that's a good idea, and I'll keep in mind all the stories about potentially giving up. I did look at bikini bootcamp on Mary', and a lot of those moves are familiar. I was wondering if starting with that, some familiar and maybe some not so familiar, may help with the learning curve. But maybe I'll just preview and then jump in on a day I have a bit more time so I don't end up frustrated and feeling like I wasted my time for the day. You all are the best, BTW.

Tags
dream body