Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-01-21, 10:29 AM  
JustSandra

Barefoot & On the Mat March 2021: Mat Mavens Counting the Days Until Spring!

Greetings and welcome to the monthly Barefoot & On The Mat check-in!

This is a long-running VF check-in. We're a cozy, friendly group who enjoy a wide variety of workouts, but we have a special fondness for those traditionally done without shoes. If you enjoy yoga, pilates, barre, qi gong, Classical Stretch/Essentrics, Ellen Barrett, etc. (or even if you simply prefer doing traditional workouts without shoes!) you'll feel right at home. It's absolutely fine if you wear shoes while working out too (we won't tell ).

Please feel free to join in. We love hearing from new, returning and guest Mat Mavens. Our welcome mat is always out!

Back in a moment...

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-21, 10:35 AM  
JustSandra

Hello again!

My workouts this last week or so have been missing in action. My niece's massage table is still camped out in my exercise room, but this morning it occurred to me that I can shove it to the side and have adequate space for most of my stuff! Yes, she will of course move it soon, but right now things are especially stressful for her (she is going to court tomorrow re custody of my grandniece -- stay tuned!) so I am not making an issue of it.

I *have* been going outside on regular long walks (two hours yesterday )!

Beth: Congrats on snagging a vaccine date! More and more people I've talked to lately have been able to sign up. Am hoping that soon anyone who wants the vaccine can easily get it.

Waving to all -- be back later!

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." Hunter S. Thompson
JustSandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-21, 10:41 AM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra, I was thinking yesterday that today would be March and time for a new thread...and then I posted in the February thread this morning and even mentioned about it being March! Thanks for starting us off. Yes, I'm glad to have got a vaccine appointment and definitely hope everyone can soon (including DH!). Your long walk yesterday sounds wonderful!

ETA - here is a brief "March" funny from The Simpsons that DH & I refer to all the time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTJ6...nnel=LilaDobbs

Follow me @YogiBethC

YouTube|Instagram|Facebook
And yes, I am Reviewer Dr. Beth on Amazon.
toaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-21, 11:02 AM  
sherry7899

Hi,

I forget when I last checked in. Saturday I did the newest Yoga Upload floor practice which was very nice.

Yesterday I took an unplanned rest day. I did not feel well.

This morning I did a wonderful NIA class. I've been getting 24 hour access from a studio in Denver. I've become friendly with the owner and one of the teachers through Facebook, and they generously sent me a gift certificate for some free classes with them. I enjoy them so much! The music is fantastic.

I'll do yoga later.

I hope to get back to doing personals again soon....

Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-21, 02:27 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sherry, so glad to hear you have found another supportive community through NIA.

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 03-01-21, 07:18 PM  
cyana

I had a nice spring surprise last evening. After dinner, DH motioned for me to follow him out on the front porch and there were probably 20 daffodils that had burst into bloom. He'd just noticed them as he was getting ready to close the blinds for the evening. So I go out in the dark (using my trusty phone as a flashlight) and cut about a half dozen. One is in a vase that my DIL gave me for Christmas (and in my office) and the rest are in a simple blue vase in the kitchen. While I was out on safari, I noticed that my two Lenten roses are in full bloom as well. It was really mild last evening and I took a walk with no jacket. This evening it is brisk out there! Brrrrr!

Today I've done about 100 step-ups using my left leg as lead (doing about 20 at a time as I'm up and about) and this evening I'm doing a live qi gong streaming class with Lee. Then I plan to crash and burn.

Sandra - While I'm doing my meditation at the end of qi gong class, I will send positive energy to your niece in hopes that she gets the outcome she's hoping for tomorrow. And hopes that her ex will have metta (kindness) in his heart and do what is best for their daughter.

Sherry - How nice to get the free access to the NIA classes - and with great music. Just what the doctor ordered, and what a lovely gesture by the owner and instructor of the studio!

Beth - So do you know which vaccine you're getting? I'm always interested in hearing about people's experience.

Must start pulling myself together to get ready for my qi gong class. Can't keep Lee waiting.

"I've decided to grow old disgracefully." - Twigs
cyana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-21, 09:37 PM  
toaster
Exchange Moderator

Sandra, adding my wishes to cyana's for good luck to your niece tomorrow.

cyana, no, I don't have any info about which vaccine. I have heard that the site is well-managed. How lovely about the flowers!!!

Follow me @YogiBethC

Old 03-02-21, 12:34 AM  
yogapam
VF Supporter

Today’s workouts:
~Neighbourhood walk
~Essentrics: I did a new to me Precho & practiced sequences for my new class routine tomorrow
~BellyFit zoom: Dreaming Mystic - cardio, first 40 min
~Reclined & seated yoga stretches & yin poses....forward bends, hip openers, twists, chest openers

Thanks for starting us off Sandra! I also wish your niece a successful day in court. I feel for her, this ongoing process must be emotionally exhausting. I love my daily walks, they save my sanity!

Sherry - I’m glad you’re enjoying your NIA classes!

Cyana - Our flowers are getting ready to bloom too, daffodils & my big camellia bush. They are a bit later than usual as Feb was a chilly month for us.

I’m still waiting to hear back about my exam video...hopefully soon....

Waves to all!

Certified Level 4 Essentrics Instructor - March 2021

Hatha YTT - 2011

Your body keeps an accurate journal regardless of what you write down.....

"Take care of your body. It's the only place you have to live."
Jim Rohn

"It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” - Tony Robbins

Check out my Instagram account, @fitness.ficti0n.inspirati0n
yogapam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-21, 09:06 AM  
sherry7899

Thanks for the support as usual

I could not fall asleep until 2am, and had to take generic Benadryl to fall asleep. Ugh. I did not have much energy, but I did not want to skip today.

I did a 23 minute Team Body Project cardio from you tube and SaraBeth yoga for stress and anxiety.

Have a great day!
Sherry

The cat in my avatar is my sweetheart named Bonkers
sherry7899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-21, 09:19 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Yesterday featured:

~ LWR BYB challenge day 20, a virtual walking/toning
~ Lee Holden Jump Start Challenge Day 1
~ 7,000 steps

Somehow I tweaked a hip flexor, probably from Lucy plus neglect. Roll Eyes! I wasn't wild about the Lee Holden challenge day 1. It had a weird move, swimming dragon with the knees held close, which come to think of it may have been the psoas gremlin. Anyway it was choppy, and the flow where I really began getting into it suddenly cut off. I think it is a teaser to sign up for his streaming.

Someone is still grumpy! LOL

Sherry, I hope the Benadryl helped. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. Good job on your workout. And great news about NIA - it sounds like the Universe came through for you a little bit.

Pam - Dreaming Mystic sounds fun! I have no doubt you aced your exam.

Cyana, what a nice surprise. Daffodils are so cheerful and how nice of your roses to bloom for Lent! Did you try day 1 of the challenge; if so, what did you think?

Sandra, I am sending prayers for your niece and grandniece that the court does the right thing.

Beth, congrats on the vaccine! Smarch - LOL, love me some Homer.

I don't mean to skip anyone - please have a great day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote