Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-28-21, 08:28 AM  
Terry

I just at least wish they had explained why it was shipped back. If I couldn't get it because they damaged it, why would they bother to ship it back since it is now trash?

Oh well. I must let this obsession go and move on to better things.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-21, 08:42 AM  
hdw
VF Supporter

Is it a wrokout DVD? Maybe I have it sitting on the shelf, not in use?
hdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-21, 01:06 PM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

Since the pandemic started, it doesn't matter who I order from or even the carrier. Only Chewy.com has been reliable and consistent.

Amazon has been bad. USPS has been worse. I never know if or when the item will arrive. It has been crazy and stressful!

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-21, 01:17 PM  
zraipel
VF Supporter

I've had the same thing happen with Walmart recently. They used to be pretty reliable, but now they are using local carriers and a lot of them just don't care. I didn't even want my order delivered sooner, but they opted to deliver sooner with a local carrier (I received a notification the day it was being delivered). The same day, after the order was out for delivery, it was canceled with no reason given.

I placed the order again, and received an email that it was delivered, but with a broken image link as the "proof of delivery". The item had in fact NOT been delivered. I got online with customer service, and they offered to replace the item with a new order and gave me a $15 gift card. I requested that they do not use local delivery drivers for the order, FedEx or UPS only because they are the only ones who deliver appropriately to my apartment complex (USPS is good, too, but I don't think Walmart uses them). That particular item finally was delivered appropriately in the normal cardboard Walmart box.

The other two items that were delivered separately were also a problem. One was a case of cat food and it was delivered in the package locker without any packaging. Just the case of cat food with a label with my address on it. The other item was a pack of small paper plates (what I use to feed my cats on) and that was just put into a plastic shopping bag, rolled up and left right in front of my apartment door. It looked like someone had left their trash, and I wouldn't have been surprised if the trash pickup had indeed picked it up and thrown it away, or if I had gotten in trouble with the apartment management for having trash in front of my door.

I don't even want to use my Walmart gift card online, but it's an online only gift card, because I don't want another delivery from them if I can't specify before hand that I don't want local delivery.

I am also going to have to only use Chewy for cat supplies from now on.

ETA: These companies (Amazon, Walmart, etc) are going to drive consumers back to shopping locally where we can actually be sure we are going to receive our items or can just pick them up right in the store.
Old 03-02-21, 11:19 AM  
Terry

I got this story from my daughter-in-law about trying to receive a breast pump:

She watched the tracking and called the shipper several times. The shipper repeatedly said that the package was in transit.

She saw the package move from state to state several times. She thinks there were at least seven "bounces" after the initial shipment. Twice the package entered Kentucky and twice the package entered Texas. One of the Texas landings was near where they live. The last she knew, the package was in Colorado.

Apparently the shipper got tired of her phone calls. They finally said that the package was never shipped in the first place, so they shipped and she got it within 48 hours.

Hmmmm.
Terry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon, shipping issues