Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 01-12-21, 08:50 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning ladies! Yesterday featured:

~ Our Beth's Exploring the 8 Pillars of Joy
~ LWR 10 Minute Calorie Burner
~ LWR Walk & Tone at Home (both from Be Your Best Challenge)
~ Jo Tastula "Everyday Tune Up" hatha yoga (Glo)
~ Over 9,000 steps again!

I have a hair appointment tonight so I'll try to squeeze in a couple of things on break and lunch.

Rose - I always opt for the easier LWR version, but sometimes with a little more oomph than she is showing if that feels right. Even doing the less strenuous version still shows up as fat burning to cardio in intervals on my Fitbit.

Donna, I'll have to find out more about Kassandra's moon series. Maybe you have a genetically superior equilibrium? That's a good thing!!

Good morning to Summer Breeze.
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-21, 10:04 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !

Yesterday was:

38 minute outdoor walk

It was a gray damp day but I went for it.
Glad I did. I am planning another walk today and maybe one of these days some weights or pilates. I have that MR streaming waiting for me. DS came over last night and we finally took down all the outside and inside Christmas decorations.
DH had put them up right after Thanksgiving and he always goes all out.
It was a very emotional night for us.

PAT, nice workout day. I hope the hair appt went well.

DONNA, another day full of nice activity for you. I have no excuse not to fit in little spurts of activity throughout the day.

Hi ROSE.

Have a great day everyone!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-21, 07:14 PM  
GypsyRose

Hello!

Today was an interesting workout day.
1. Dance Off the Inches: Ballroom Dance - 20 minutes of it. It was fun and very good for the abs.
2. Ellen's Self Bikini Ready Blast. That's an early Ellen, hanging out at the beach. It felt good.
3. Ballet Beautiful Prenatal Triceps- this is one of my favorite triceps work. It's done sitting and it's easy but effective.

Pat & Donna Thanks for letting me know which version you do with LWR. It's good to know that the 'easier' version still gives results.

Summer Breeze Sending warmth to you and your family. You are one brave lady and it seems like your daughter follows in your footsteps.
And good job walking outside in the cold. It's 45 degrees here and the whole Coast is crying 'we're freezing!'.

I did one of those 'honest conversations' with my best friend of 40 years. Those conversations when afterwards you wonder, 'what was I thinking????' After my apology, I'm hoping we patched things up. It's not that some things weren't true- they just needed to be said in a different way- or better yet, NEVER said! I blamed it on the crazy goings on in Washington, that seemed to soothe her.

May the rest of the day be harmonious.

Rose
GypsyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-21, 08:49 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Not much yesterday:

~ LWR 7 Minute Calorie Burning Workout
~ Lee Holden 7 Minutes of Magic
~ Almost 7,000 steps

Rose, oh no. I'm sorry some bad vibes came between you and your BFF. Everyone's tension level is skyrocketing. I hope your friendship will get back on track soon.

Summer Breeze does it feel good to have all the decorations put away? I hope you enjoy your walk today - it doesn't seem quite as bitter as yesterday, or maybe it's the Arctic layers I wore to work.

Good morning Donna!
Old 01-13-21, 09:44 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

34 minute outdoor walk
60 kettlebell swings

I'm not sure if I'll be walking today. I'm going to my sister's for lunch and we usually talk for a few hours. It will be good to see her though.

ROSE, interesting workout day indeed. Well done. Maybe I need to break out some Ellen to get me started with something else besides walking and swings. Oh if it was 45 here that would be downright balmy for January

PAT, yes it does feel good getting the decorations down and put away definitely. It was just hard doing it.
I actually had to start peeling some of my arctic layers off yesterday, hat and gloves came off and I had to unzip my big down coat a little bit

Hi DONNA.

Old 01-13-21, 10:39 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Pahla B - Walk Off the Weight - Day 12 - Simple Strength Training. A nice straightforward workout. You could definitely go heavier if you were so inclined since this one moves slowly and there are no fancy moves.

Jessica Valent - Power of Twists - I hesitated on this one - thinking it would be hard - and it was - but in a good way. Jessica mentions up front it would be wrist intensive - I know she likes to do a lot of body weight stuff for arms, but I wish she was more inclusive in this regard to people who may not be able to be on their hands/wrists for so long. I personally don't have an issue with it - but I know many people do. Maybe she should post alternative workouts on the days she knows are wrist intensive. This one was also filmed outside and it was windy so the sound quality was not great. But, it was a good workout that I found challenging in some spots and definitely had to modify. I do like the challenge though.

Yesterday for my extras I did CS 1106 - Standing and Barre work and Ellen's Quick Fix, which was all floorwork.

Soooo...for February I'm thinking about options - either doing Jessica's WS1 again, doing Pahla's other weight loss series or her body shaping program, or following Jessica V's calendar and mixing in a variety.

I'm not sure....I am surprised that I'm sticking it out w/ Pahla so far. And, I actually feel a little less bulky....for lack of a better word....I did start logging my food (something I hate doing) and being more mindful of snacking and I think it is at least working to depuff me.

I have plans for extras today just not sure which ones..LOL!

Summer Breeze - I bet it was very emotional taking down the decorations that your DH had put up. I am glad you had your family to help with that.

Gypsy Rose - wow, awesome set of workouts and I hope things smooth over w/ your BFF. Unfortunately, it seems 2021 is off to a rather rocky start on so many levels.....

Pat - good job!! Oh gosh, I forgot about Lucy....I may go back and finish her stuff and I do want to do her new challenge as well. Too many workouts, too little time.

Hope everyone has a good Wednesday!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-21, 07:42 PM  
GypsyRose

Hello!

Outside 1 mile walk in the frigid 49 degree weather...brrrr....

Margaret Richard's Getting Better Upper Body....1 1/2 lb weights because I'm so out of shape. It's such a good upper body work. I sub the abs and do supermans for the back.

YOQI Water Element 15 minutes.

Update- all is well with best friend. We've chosen to forgive each other numerous times as we are all allowed some relationship misdemeanors. Thanks for listening!

Donna That's a good idea about posting alternate days of wrist intensive workouts. Just checked out the Pahla B workout, that looks like a safe and effective weight workout. Quick and to the point.

Pat You've been consistent with your steps. Lee Holden's Qigong is a perfect cup of Qigong. Just enough to get a taste and substance without having to attend to a full meal.

Summer Breeze How was lunch with your sister? How cold is it where you live? I see that you are keeping with the kettlebells and walking- that's such a good cardio combo.

Enjoy!

Rose
GypsyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-21, 08:29 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !

No workout to report. I spent most of the afternoon with my sister. We had a great time talking and even some laughing so that was nice. I do plan to walk today and hopefully more.

DONNA, your consistency and variety amaze me. Looking forward to seeing what you do in February.

ROSE, I'll take that "frigid" 49 degrees any day. We've actually had a relatively mild winter so far, upper 30s to low 40s for daytime highs. Much colder at night of course. By now we usually would have had a couple of snowstorms and some spurts of really cold weather like highs in the teens or 20s. It's early days though so I'm knocking on wood. Nice job with MR. I really need to dive into my streaming with her.

Hi PAT.

Old 01-14-21, 08:38 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I'm still sticking with Pahla!

Today was:

Pahla B- Walk off the Weight Day 13 - Low Impact "Knee Friendly" cardio. Typical of Pahla's workouts - it was 30 seconds walking alternated with 30 seconds of low impact.

Jessica Valent - 10 Min Beginner Ab Workout & 20 min Full Body Opening.
I enjoyed both of these - the ab work focused on foundational moves and the full body opening included some nice stretching and mobility work.

I think I will get some CS in today!

Yesterday for extras I did - Ellen B - Core Cardio - this is a 20 min low key core and cardio workout - very gentle....and I added on Yoga w/ Bird - (You Tube) - Yoga for Stiff bodies.

Once again, I feel at odds w/ Adriene. Did she change or did I? Anyway, I had been hearing about Yoga w/ Bird here on VF and decided to try her out. She has a You Tube channel and so far, so good, I enjoyed the practice I did yesterday. On her website she has monthly calendars - which I am a sucker for! Not entirely sure if I will completely ditch Adriene or not, but I may do a little more with Bird and Kassandra..

Along w/ my Pahla B plan I'm working my way through the winter solstice sadhana (40 days of yoga) so I am trying to add a little bit of yoga in every day. The Yoga w/ Bird practice I did yesterday was about 10 min.

Summer Breeze - Glad you had a good visit w/ your sister.

Gypsy Rose - Nice work, LOL, on 49 being frigid. Honestly, I find that to be cold, too, I'm very wimpy about cold and prefer temps in the 60's for winter, LOL!

Waves, Pat!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-21, 09:01 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! Very tiring day for me and my back was acting up so I had a "scoliosis spa" at home. Did my PT floor exercises, Petrone balls, foam rolled, psoas release on a yoga block and a yin yoga video for computer neck that had some really nice thoracic openers. Fortunately I already had a chiro appointment on tap for today.

I will check back later on - I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Tags
jim fixx