Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 03-01-21, 09:10 PM  
GypsyRose

Hello!
Pahla B Day 1 Moderate Walk- yay, I actually did it!
And time flew.
YOQI Immune Booster- new, this is a good
one, like all the flows.
Super Walmart running around the store as everything has been moved. Happy I had on my rediscovered fitbit until I realized I had left it at home!

I've cut my HRT dose to 1/3 of a patch changed twice a week. I feel so much better. The last few weeks I was really dragging trying to get used to the medicine.

Pat Oh, Gilad sounds good! I'll check him out, thank you. Sorry about your co-worker. There seems to be a forgetfulness about the values of reciprocity and civility. Some day soon, retirement will arrive...

Summer Breeze You'll use MRs workouts so don't beat yourself up over the cost. There was a lot of pressure as she has rarely offered sales- until now when she offers another sale!

Donna How's your SI Joint/Piriformis? Has pilates been helping you?

Hope you are doing well, Christina!

Rose
GypsyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-21, 08:48 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, so far, has been:

Ellen - Gentle Barre - from her streaming site

Jessica Valent - Pilates & Yoga For Arms

Jessica Valent - Sciatica Routine - some nice stretches....

Thinking, maybe, of doing Jessica's calendar this month - who knows...I suppose the important thing is just to be consistent!

Rose - thanks for asking - my back/si/whatever it is - has its ups and downs. I think sitting is a big trigger for discomfort. On Saturday I was really active - walked 15K steps did housework, etc. Sunday - it was raining and I spent more time sitting and by the end of the day my back was talking to me. So I think the key is more frequent breaks from sitting - it is hard w/ work though. I did buy a new chair cushion but the jury is out on it. I used it yesterday and didn't notice that it helped much, I'll take it off today and see how that goes. I am glad you are feeling better!!! sorry you left your fitbit at home!

Summer Breeze - Lucy says you can walk during the run intervals, I may try it at some point as well. My back definitely could not take the impact of running, unfortunately... I used to run way back when and enjoyed it. I actually like full body workouts - but I am not sure I want to sub for a year to MR...I figure if I want to, I can join for a month here and there, but I probably should do the workouts of hers that I have at home, LOL!

Pat - ugh - it would be nice if your co-worker thanked you - courtesy and appreciation seem to be lost arts...

I like Gilad, i have in the back of my mind to do a rotation w/ his workouts at some point. He posts 21 day challenges on his site, some of them are way too much - as in - I don't have that much time in a day to workout - but some are more reasonable. The most recent one he posted combines the Quick Fit workouts w/ the Body Sculpting workouts.

He has 10 or so of them up now:

https://fitwithgilad.com/fitness-challenges/

One of these days I'd like to complete one...

I suppose some of the rotations where he has double workouts, you could always just make the rotations themselves longer - instead of finishing in 21 days you can extend to a longer timeframe.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-21, 10:12 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

62 minute outdoor walk
100 kettlebell swings
plank & push ups

I think I have a little spring fever with all these long walks lately. It's still cold, today is especially cold and windy, but I do see the light at the end of the tunnel (hopefully)! I plan a walk today and hopefully more.

ROSE, yes you're right, I will get use out of MR's streaming. I met with a financial planner and they got me a little nervous about finances but I think that's their job to make you nervous and invest with them so they make a commission

DONNA, I did my first ever Gilad workout last year and did enjoy it. I bought a couple of his dvds. I don't blame you for not subbing to MR for a year. It's a long commitment and even though she had 30% off which made it a good price for her streaming, it's not exactly a cheap subscription.

Hi PAT & CHRISTINA.

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-21, 02:52 PM  
CS_Margaret_Fan

Hi, everyone.

I've been AWOL for more than a week; two of the medications I take were out of stock in my area, and I'm still waiting for them. What the heck! Needless to say, getting out of bed each day was a victory.

Today's Workouts:
  • CS Joint Pain Relief with Gail Garceau
  • Margaret Richard Program 1901 (triceps, biceps, obliques, inner thighs, and gluteals)

Margaret's new website is so much better than her previous one. I was able to log in without a problem!

Hugs to everyone.
Old 03-02-21, 08:15 PM  
GypsyRose

Hello! Today

Pahla B Day 2
Margaret Richard's Getting Better Upper Body chest, triceps and back with some unweighted triceps work.
PT Core work. My core is weak so I'm doing the easiest exercises I can find.

Christina Great to see you again! Sorry that your meds were out, that must be frustrating. But you were able to get some workouts in. It's good that Margaret finally has a workable website. It's about time!

Waves to Donna, Pat & Summer Breeze-I'm late for a movie. enjoy the evening!

Rose
Old 03-03-21, 09:19 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Good morning! I haven't been up to much, but it included:

Monday - Day 21 of Lucy's BRB Challenge, which was a really nice outdoor walk/tone intervals at what appeared to be a mountain vacation spot, plus Day 1 of Lee Holden's Qi Challenge.

Tuesday - Day 2 of Lee's Qi Challenge. I had hurt a hip flexor running up and down the stairs to put a load of laundry in the dryer in between my Monday workout, so I rested it with moist heat.

Christina, it's good to see you. How troubling that medications are running low now. Good for you on getting up there and having a good workout.

Summer Breeze that wind was WOWZERS. I think we're in for better days and maybe I'll get my rear out there to walk like you do.

Donna, I'm with you - a year of the MR streaming is more than I want to bite off. A couple of months would be nice. Amen to the sitting, prolonged sitting is called "the new smoking." And it does nothing for wonky backs.

I hope everyone is feeling good today - have a great day!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-21, 09:47 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was:

54 minute outdoor walk

Probably more of the same today.

CHRISTINA, sorry about the meds. That's terrible. I didn't realize you had MR's streaming(I probably knew and forgot), for a month or the yearly subscription? I don't think I've checked out the new website yet, or again I probably just forgot.
Too much on my mind lately.

ROSE, nice workouts.

PAT, I kept waking up the other night thinking my garbage can must be flying down the street. Scary winds.

Hi DONNA.

Have a great day!
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-21, 09:55 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I had an early dentist appointment this morning - I think when I made the appointment I was anticipating that I would be going on my way in to work - well - that is not the case (thankfully - I am loving working from home, honestly).

So, this morning's workouts so far have been:

CS 1123 - all standing for shoulders (but really, total body)
Robin/TBL - Challenge Day # 3- Posture

Both were nice workouts...I have Pahla tentatively planned for this afternoon. Was thinking about Jessica V, but I will probably go w/ Pahla.

Yesterday afternoon I did Pahla's Shoulder Friendly Cardio for my afternoon lunch break and then did a short walk w/ my doggie.

Christina - I'm sorry your meds are delayed - that is terrible!

Summer Breeze - it does feel like spring is coming!!

Pat - ugh, sorry you strained your hip flexor.

Rose - good job, I think we can all use more core work.

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 03-03-21, 08:27 PM  
GypsyRose

Hello! Wore my fitbit today and got in a lot of steps

2 Mile Park Walk
Bridge Work w/ Band
Ballet Beautiful Swan Arms Cardio 10 minutes (hard!)
Qigong later?
13,000 steps so far

Got lots of walking in while talking on the phone to my friend of 35 + years. Did not do the Pahla B today as that was with weights and I had worked out my upper body yesterday.

Donna The Pahla B shoulder friendly workout was pretty mellow. Is that on the lower end cardio for her?

Summer Breeze Sounds like you had some strong winds but still managed to get a good walk in.

Pat You seem to do a good job of listening to your body and taking care of whatever happens to ache at the moment. Do you find that moist vs dry heat works better for you?

Waves to Christina!

Rose
Old 03-04-21, 08:55 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Yesterday at lunch I did Pahla's March Workout challenge Day # 3- which was just straight up strength training.

Today, so far, has been:

Pahla's Day # 4 - Power Walk w/ Balance - this was intervals of walking, a low impact exercise and a balance exercise. I like the way balance works your core!

Robin Long/TBL - Challenge Day # 4 - Mobility.

Will probably do some CS this afternoon or maybe a dog walk.

Speaking of outrageous membership prices, since i subscribe to Pahla's channel and her focus these days is middle aged fitness, I get a lot of other recommendations come up.

This one looks good:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxF...iWU-I-0UANHqUw

And she has a paid site, which I decided to look into - OMG - she charges $49/month. No way!!

https://www.fitfabafter50.com/

If it was $20 or something i may try it for a month but $49???

Rose - nice step count! The Day 2 workout from Pahla was probably a bit more mild b/c she kept her hands down - usually she uses hands overhead to raise heart rate during her low impact workouts, but it looks like for this month, she released some workouts that did not include overhead work since some people w/ shoulder issues find those workouts hard to do. I did enjoy the strength training workout and today's workout was a sneaky core workout. The jury is still out on whether or not I feel her cardio workouts are "enough" for me. I sometimes feel I should push myself a little harder. Next week I may move on to LWR's February (or January) challenge - and see how I feel w/ her stuff.

Hope everyone has a good day, waves!

Donna

Tags
jim fixx