Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 07-24-14, 09:18 AM  
donnamp

Forgot to say - thanks for the info, Carol! I think I will start the 10 Day Challenge then on the 28th, I'm just about wrapped up w/ Jessica's July challenge, and if the SBF workouts aren't too long or hard for me, I can always add in some Jessica.

Bunny

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-14, 09:20 AM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnamp View Post
Hi,

For streaming, I just use my laptop or my DD's google chromebook. I know I could stream through my TV, but it just seems more trouble than it is worth and I'm a pretty low-tech person. the fact that I stream at all is amazing!

Donna
Me too, Donna! . In fact I love using my iPad because I can move it around to see better. I have mine in a cars that will stand up.
Old 07-24-14, 09:31 AM  
suzy
VF Supporter

Cheri, it sounds like Suzanne's challenges must have fairly short daily workouts, correct? I enjoyed Leah's download subscription for quite a while, but I wanted her to tell me how to put them together. And when she did they would be like an hour an a half long.

I see on her site that she offers a 48 hour trial. Isn't there a code for a 2 week trial? And my BarreAmped Bootcamp DVD has a code for a 30 day trial. Does anyone know if any of the codes still work?

I have been considering Suzanne's streaming subscription. The thought of an insanely long string of workouts and the ordeal of trying to find the best way to stream scared me off. I just used the laptop when I did a Barre3 trial. It wasn't ideal because I sat it on my coffee table and it was hard to see when we hit the floor. I can stream through XBox Live, but by the time I get it set up I might as well just do a 90 minute DVD! I can hook my laptop up to the TV, but the menu scares me. Hmmmm. Still, it appeals to me. As long as I can still get in Classical Stretch on a regular basis so my body doesn't yell at me.
suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-14, 10:02 AM  
sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
I have my iPad hooked up to my TV with an HDMI cable - it works like a charm. Much, much better than using the Apple TV device - it didn't work so well.

Carol
This is what I do. You also need the converter cord from Apple as well.
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-14, 10:41 AM  
susan p
VF Supporter

I have been streaming Suzanne's workouts since May 12. I had a coupon code so I got 3 months for $25 and I figured I'd give her 90 day rotation (which had started May 5) a try for 30 days and if I didn't like it I'd bail, and if I did, I'd do the whole 90 days (fully expecting that I would bail, since barre has not in the past been a workout modality that I have enjoyed.) I CERTAINLY thought I'd be ready to move on after 90 days, since I never have done a rotation of more than 90 days.

Now I find myself asking "where is the lifetime subscription option??"

I am genuinely LOVING her workouts, her attitude, and the whole shebang. My core is tightening up to the tune of 1" off (haven't lost any weight), and my whole body feels tighter. I'm not overworking my chest and biceps and that has actually made some of my chronic upper back pain and tension significantly better.

I am ready, after 90 days, to add in some other workouts, but I think I will stream Suzanne forever. We'll be old and gray together, Suzanne and I, still shaking to change. lol.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-14, 11:18 AM  
caitlinpyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy View Post
I see on her site that she offers a 48 hour trial. Isn't there a code for a 2 week trial? And my BarreAmped Bootcamp DVD has a code for a 30 day trial. Does anyone know if any of the codes still work?
YES! I used it. It's BARREAMPED and I got 30 days free, then bought a 12-month membership (comes out to $6.67 per month!)

Barre, Indoor Walking, and Rebounding Lover

Favorites: Suzanne Bowen, Jessica Smith, Ellen Barrett
caitlinpyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-14, 11:22 AM  
caitlinpyle

I use an iPad--HDMI cable, too. This is the one I use:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It works GREAT.

As for my SBF testimonial, I was afraid to stream for the same reasons, not being sure what workout to do and when, but I've been building my weeks based on the challenge and it has worked great!! There hasn't been a day in the last almost 7 weeks since I started that I haven't been sore somewhere. My legs are changing shape and I'm losing inches. I've lost about 4 lbs, but I've also been working on the food thing, too. I'm in the FB group and Suzanne is very present and available. She truly is a gem.

I am about 85% Suzanne, with spinning, rebounding, some step, and some PiYo mixed in!!

Old 07-24-14, 11:54 AM  
suzy
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by caitlinpyle View Post
YES! I used it. It's BARREAMPED and I got 30 days free, then bought a 12-month membership (comes out to $6.67 per month!)
Thanks, Caitlin. I'm going to give it a try to see if I can be tech enough to do it.

I hadn't done any of Suzanne's workouts since her Ruah days. I always liked her 10 Minute Solutions, though. And her Lotte Berk Hip Hugger Abs was the only one in that series I kept. Never do it...but I kept it.

I just did BarreAmped Bootcamp for the first time. I've been in pursuit of the perfect workout to add to my rotation. I had just about decided it didn't exist, but I think I've found it! This was near perfect. The only thing that would have made it better for me is if she did abs on the ball like Barre3. But I'll get over it.

Is there a link to the FB group in her subscribers section or how would I find it?
suzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-14, 12:11 PM  
caitlinpyle

to use the code, sign up for month-to-month and then enter it in the promo code field.

a new two-week Bootcamp starts on Monday!! we should be getting the schedule in a few days. there are also other plans. I actually started with the Lean in 7 plan. it was tough.

BarreAmped Bootcamp is AMAZING... I couldn't believe how much cardio I was getting in but I was still burning!! Suzanne has totally changed my outlook on cardio. Crazy burpees and tuck jumps are not needed to get the heart rate up! and neither are shoes :-)

Old 07-24-14, 12:15 PM  
superfit41
VF Supporter

I have subscribed to her streaming workouts, and I love them! She has such great variety! You can do total body workouts, cardio, or targeted shorter workouts! There is something for just about everybody! She is a really great instructor IMO! Love Suzanne!

Sherry
superfit41 is offline   Reply With Quote