Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-14, 01:58 PM  
cherimac

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan p View Post
I have been streaming Suzanne's workouts since May 12. I had a coupon code so I got 3 months for $25 and I figured I'd give her 90 day rotation (which had started May 5) a try for 30 days and if I didn't like it I'd bail, and if I did, I'd do the whole 90 days (fully expecting that I would bail, since barre has not in the past been a workout modality that I have enjoyed.) I CERTAINLY thought I'd be ready to move on after 90 days, since I never have done a rotation of more than 90 days.

Now I find myself asking "where is the lifetime subscription option??"

I am genuinely LOVING her workouts, her attitude, and the whole shebang. My core is tightening up to the tune of 1" off (haven't lost any weight), and my whole body feels tighter. I'm not overworking my chest and biceps and that has actually made some of my chronic upper back pain and tension significantly better.

I am ready, after 90 days, to add in some other workouts, but I think I will stream Suzanne forever. We'll be old and gray together, Suzanne and I, still shaking to change. lol.
I couldn't have said it better myself. One of the best changes for me is more self-acceptance of limitations and way fewer nagging aches and pains. At 49 that's priceless to me.
Old 07-24-14, 02:10 PM  
sunday

I've kept up a subscription to Suzanne because it's just such a good, quality deal and am just coming back to explore her site again. She's so incredibly encouraging! And she provides lots and lots of really good practices, like, constantly. I couldn't care less about three new dvds, simply because she'll put up three new practices in a week, and you know there's more coming the week after that!

I will probably do her two week bootcamp and then see what her Transformation challenge will be about. She definitely is THE BEST when it comes to streaming. She's got it all!!
sunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-14, 02:46 PM  
Pratima
Exchange Moderator

Just read through this thread and had a major "aha!" with SBF being the Suzanne in the Lotte Berk HHA DVD.

I got the July 4th deal (month of streaming for $1.99) and have done probably 4 workouts so far. To be honest, I've found myself wishing for more upper body when I've done the full body barre workouts. I wish there were descriptions, or maybe brief breakdowns (e.g. 10 minutes upper body, 10 minutes abs, 20 minutes thighs, etc.) for the workouts so I could plan a little better. Maybe that does exist somewhere and I'm missing them?

That said, I do like SBF a lot, and I like the workouts too. I don't think I'd use them exclusively, but if I could get a deal on streaming, I might take it. I ordered both BarreAmped DVDs but haven't tried them yet since I'm doing the streaming.

I wish there was a barre streaming subscription site! Wouldn't that be great? You could try all different barre instructors in one place.

DISCLOSURE: I have professional relationships with several producers of fitness videos and related products; please see my profile for details.
Pratima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-14, 03:22 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pratima View Post
Just read through this thread and had a major "aha!" with SBF being the Suzanne in the Lotte Berk HHA DVD.

I got the July 4th deal (month of streaming for $1.99) and have done probably 4 workouts so far. To be honest, I've found myself wishing for more upper body when I've done the full body barre workouts. I wish there were descriptions, or maybe brief breakdowns (e.g. 10 minutes upper body, 10 minutes abs, 20 minutes thighs, etc.) for the workouts so I could plan a little better. Maybe that does exist somewhere and I'm missing them?

That said, I do like SBF a lot, and I like the workouts too. I don't think I'd use them exclusively, but if I could get a deal on streaming, I might take it. I ordered both BarreAmped DVDs but haven't tried them yet since I'm doing the streaming.

I wish there was a barre streaming subscription site! Wouldn't that be great? You could try all different barre instructors in one place.
Suzanne was asking on Facebook how she could make her streaming site better and one of the requests was for a description attached to each workout. She is going to that do, but I don't know how detailed she will be.

If you want some Upper Body work, try Upper Body 5 - it's 30 minutes of tough upper body work.

On one of her full body workouts, I figure I can always add on a short target if I want.

As for a "deal" on her streaming, you can get a year for about $80. Pretty cheap, really.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-14, 03:25 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Quote:
... I CERTAINLY thought I'd be ready to move on after 90 days, since I never have done a rotation of more than 90 days.

Now I find myself asking "where is the lifetime subscription option??"

I am genuinely LOVING her workouts, her attitude, and the whole shebang. ...

I am ready, after 90 days, to add in some other workouts, but I think I will stream Suzanne forever. We'll be old and gray together, Suzanne and I, still shaking to change. lol.
Me too! I'm afraid I will get to "old and gray" long before Suzanne does, though.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-14, 06:34 PM  
susan p
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by txhsmom View Post
Me too! I'm afraid I will get to "old and gray" long before Suzanne does, though.

Carol
Haha, me too. But I am over 10 years older than she is, so I'm allowed to be old and gray first.
susan p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-14, 06:40 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Haha, me too. But I am over 10 years older than she is, so I'm allowed to be old and gray first.
How old is Suzanne? She looks great!
Old 07-24-14, 06:43 PM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

She's got to be around 40.
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-14, 07:05 PM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
She's got to be around 40.
Yep, I'm quite a bit older than she is too, but I'm in perfect health and if I'd only be more consistent with exercise, I'd be able to lose the 25-30 lbs I've slowly gained over the past 10+ years.

I should probably look into doing some type of rotation of P57s and Suzanne's dvds, but what I really need is consistency in doing ANY type of exercise. I always strive for 5-6 days per week, but I only average about 4 days. Life just gets in the way. I won't ever look like I'm 40 again, but that's OK with me as long as I enjoy myself in the process.
Old 07-24-14, 09:40 PM  
cherimac

I think Suzanne turned 40 last fall.