Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion > Workout/Fitness FAQs

Old 01-21-05, 11:37 AM  
paidhi
VF Supporter

Mad Catz released a similar game for the GameCube called MC GROOVZ danceCRAZE.
I got this for DH for Christmas based on this thread:
http://forum.videofitness.com/showth...light=Gamecube

We're both having a lot of fun with it.

Lisa
paidhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-05, 03:05 PM  
aerobidiot
VF Supporter

Wow, thanks Sue for all the work you put into this - very thorough and informative! Except, now I'm wanting the Cobalt Flux!!
Old 01-21-05, 07:48 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Thanks everyone!

Lisa, I didn't add MC Groovz to the list at first because it's not part of the Konami DDR family, but since it's currently the only Gamecube dance game AFAIK, I'll list it. As for other dance games for PS/PS2, or that standalone mat you plug into the TV, if anyone has any feedback on those, please post.
Sue B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-05, 03:11 PM  
Hanover

Cool The DDR Brain

One thing that needs to be mentioned is that after you've done DDR for while, the basic moves and patterns become instinctual. You'll start seeing those arrows in their familiar patterns and your legs will almost automatically do what they need to.

It's an awesome feeling once you get to that level.

Once you get to that level, keeping up with the tempo and figuring out which beats get the steps is the challenging part.
Hanover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-05, 08:29 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanover
One thing that needs to be mentioned is that after you've done DDR for while, the basic moves and patterns become instinctual. You'll start seeing those arrows in their familiar patterns and your legs will almost automatically do what they need to.

It's an awesome feeling once you get to that level.

Once you get to that level, keeping up with the tempo and figuring out which beats get the steps is the challenging part.
That's very true, Dan. In a way, it's like learning how to touch type, or read music. It's been said on DDR forums that if you can read music or you were in your high school marching band, you will probably do well at DDR. It's a different skill from mirroring a human instructor and listening to verbal cues.

So how do you practice new songs? I use the training mode and just repeat the song over and over, but some people print out the step charts and practice by reading them.
Old 05-29-05, 08:26 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Updates

I updated this FAQ with some new info about games (the upcoming Mario Mix) and pads (I now own a Cobalt Flux hard pad, and Red Octane has some new pads out). I also sprung for a PS2, DDRMax and DDRMax2 (got lucky and found both of them used!) and will write some reviews soon comparing the various workout modes.
Old 06-09-05, 01:36 PM  
Janet O'Neil
VF Supporter

Hooking up DDR to your computer

I don't know if you mentioned the emulator that lets you play DDR off your computer. Sorry, I ran through this thread quickly and you might have mentioned it.

StepMania is a music/rhythm game with support for dance pads. I don't know that much about it since we do DDR off of our XBox.

http://www.stepmania.com/stepmania/
Janet O'Neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-05, 07:24 PM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

I updated the first post to include Extreme 2 for PS2 which was just released this week. Ultramix 3 for the Xbox is coming next month; I preordered that without hesitation
Old 10-28-05, 09:28 AM  
Sue B
VF Supporter

Mario Mix, the first DDR for Gamecube, has just been released. It comes with a GAmecube-compatible pad. Reports say that this is easier than the other DDRs, and might be a good choice for younger children (or more dance-impaired grownups).
Old 11-08-05, 03:21 PM  
firmforever

can someone tell me which one of these to purchase

http://www.ddrstation.com/2nedadareduc1.html

http://www.ddruniverse.com/1ps2deigdapa4.html

Thanks
firmforever is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
active gaming, ddr, everything