Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-23-20, 05:20 PM  
wendug

The Firm- Annie Lee

After doing Cardio Party I realized that I don't own any workouts where Annie Lee leads the workout. I looked and she doesn't lead many. She's very personable and has awesome shoulders!! Is Hi- Def Sculpt any good? Or the workout-to-go system (or something like that). The reviews mention the Firm Transformation System 5- which system is that?
Old 05-23-20, 05:28 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

i have both - HDS and the kit. i also liked her too.

the DVD in the kit is called "Slim Without the Gym" and you might be able to find it sold by itself. in fact - i see some listings on eBay for the DVD. it's a 50 min workout and uses a jump rope, toning loop, and resistance band.

her married name is Annie Lee Coffey and on the VF reviews, she's listed as one of the co-instructors for the zip trainer series. maybe someone who has that set can provide more input.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-20, 09:54 PM  
MoFirmer

Annie is THE BOMB!!!!! On dvd, live classes and in person!

She leads AMP 2 in the ZIP series. It is def a great workout!

In Slim Without the Gym I do it with the jumprope section in between each section to make it a longer crazy workout! LOL!

Hi Def Sculpt is so good!!!!

And there was a Bootcamp 101 workout which had her jumprope segments mixed in with Tina's sculpting ball workout clips.
Old 05-24-20, 07:36 AM  
Carol K

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendug View Post
After doing Cardio Party I realized that I don't own any workouts where Annie Lee leads the workout. I looked and she doesn't lead many. She's very personable and has awesome shoulders!! Is Hi- Def Sculpt any good? Or the workout-to-go system (or something like that). The reviews mention the Firm Transformation System 5- which system is that?
The Cardio Weights system was introduced in 2007 as the FIRM TransFIRMation System 5. This led to a lot of confusion between it and the TransFIRMer System 4. Anyway, the Cardio Weights system includes Hi-Def Sculpt. Annie's Zip Trainer workout is Peak! AMP Reps and it's on a DVD with two other workouts. The DVD is called Cycle 2: Peak! and I don't know if it's available separate from the entire Zip Trainer system.
Old 05-24-20, 07:51 AM  
wendug

Well now you guys have me looking for the Zip Trainer and High Def Sculpt! Such enablers! I have looked at the zip trainer so many times before and just never brought myself to buy it. It might be time to finally place an order for it! Also searching ebay for hi def sculpt.

I didn't realize that there was an "official" Cardio Weights system. I have several of the workouts and just thought the weights were something the Firm was selling separately, not a total system.
Old 05-24-20, 08:16 AM  
Carol K

No, this was the big informercial system of 2007. Per usual, there was lots of drama about the price of the system and the price of the shipping, because of the weights. The basic system included Hard Core Fusion, Cardio Overdrive, Hi Def Sculpt, Cardio Party and 2 pairs of 1 lb handles with 3 pairs of 1 lb plates. The deluxe system also included Tight Buns & Killer Legs, Core Solutions and a pair of 1.5 lb plates. Then there was a retail system only sold in stores that was the basic system, but only included the 2 pairs of 1 lb handles and a single pair of 1 lb plates.
Old 05-24-20, 12:33 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol K View Post
Annie's Zip Trainer workout is Peak! AMP Reps and it's on a DVD with two other workouts. The DVD is called Cycle 2: Peak! and I don't know if it's available separate from the entire Zip Trainer system.
the version with 7 workouts on 3 DVDs has Annie's workout in it as seen in this auction:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-SEALED-...4383.l4275.c10

the other version - 4 workouts on 2 DVDs - seems to exclude Annie's workout:
https://smile.amazon.com/Trainer-FIR...0341565&sr=8-1

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-20, 12:39 PM  
Carol K

The first set of DVDs came with the basic infomercial system and the second set came with the deluxe system in addition to the first set.
Old 05-25-20, 05:45 AM  
Taramisu
VF Supporter

Hi Def Sculpt is probably my favorite Pink firm, most of the others were just meh for me. Total Body Toner isn't too bad.

I like the slower pace that HDS offers, and while many of the moves are compound they are done at a nice pace. For me the main turn off in many of the Pink Firms is that there was too much going on at once in terms of compound moves. It's all strength too, no cardio moves at all and there are stretches throughout.

My only criticism is that there are too many lunges in this workout, but since many of them are done with light weight I go with it.
Taramisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-20, 07:37 AM  
Carol K

For Hi Def Sculpt, I use 7 lbs and one 12 lb weight. What I like about the Gaiam FIRMs, is that most of them just use weights. I appreciate that more and more as I get older. My favorites are Ultimate Fat Burning Workout, Bootcamp Maximum Calorie Burn, Total Body Time Crunch, Dangerous Curves Ahead and Calorie Explosion. Annie's best friend, Alison, leads most of these.

Tags
annie lee, firm instructors, the firm, zip trainer