Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-09-10, 09:55 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Thank you, Sophie kat!
Yes, from what I've lurked in the past days here, it's great to see so many like-minded people and yes, I've realized that I better put my CC away! LOL

Yes, life here can be exciting. It's certainly different than in the USA! (Not always for the better.. but we have to make the best out of it, otherwise we'd be miserable all these years we're stationed here!)

Where in PA are you? We're planning on settling down in Lancaster/Harrisburg area when this 'tour' is over. Depending on where DH finds a good job.

Looking forward to 'read' you again!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-10, 10:15 AM  
paideiamom
VF Supporter

Welcome, Momof2gremlins.

We are a warm, opinionated group of people here.

Come on in. The water is fine.

"Moderation is remembered only after the deed is done." Mirabelle Watkinson, fabulous writer in residence.

"I am patient with stupidity but not those who are proud of it." Edith Sitwell

Words matter.

I thought I had seen it all. Then I tried on my bathing suit. (Unknown sage at craft show)
paideiamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-10, 10:02 PM  
sophie kat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomOf2Gremlins View Post
Thank you, Sophie kat!
Yes, from what I've lurked in the past days here, it's great to see so many like-minded people and yes, I've realized that I better put my CC away! LOL

Yes, life here can be exciting. It's certainly different than in the USA! (Not always for the better.. but we have to make the best out of it, otherwise we'd be miserable all these years we're stationed here!)

Where in PA are you? We're planning on settling down in Lancaster/Harrisburg area when this 'tour' is over. Depending on where DH finds a good job.

Looking forward to 'read' you again!
that's certainly a great outlook to have, since you're going to be there for 2 more years. it's a wonderful adventure!

i live just north of reading, which is about half an hour north of lancaster and a hour west of harrisburg, in case you're not familiar, LOL. i went to college in harrisburg and i used to commute. there are a few other vf members from PA.

I my VF friends!
sophie kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-10, 11:55 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by paideiamom View Post
Welcome, Momof2gremlins.

We are a warm, opinionated group of people here.

Come on in. The water is fine.
Thank you!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

Old 05-11-10, 12:01 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie kat View Post
that's certainly a great outlook to have, since you're going to be there for 2 more years. it's a wonderful adventure!

i live just north of reading, which is about half an hour north of lancaster and a hour west of harrisburg, in case you're not familiar, LOL. i went to college in harrisburg and i used to commute. there are a few other vf members from PA.
Yes, I think it makes a big difference when living overseas. Here are quite a few that repeat daily how everything here is so different than in the US and almost every sentence starts with "In the States they have..." I've made the mistake the first few months here too (I was homesick for the US even though I thought, me being German I might feel quite at home here, being in Europe and many things similar to Germany... Nope! *lol*) but it only makes one's life miserable.
Thanks for giving me the distances to the area you live at. You're right, I'm not very familiar!
Cool to know that quite a few others here are from PA!

Old 05-11-10, 05:20 PM  
new2me

Welcome Val!!!

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-10, 05:43 AM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Thanks, Donna!

Old 05-14-10, 01:17 PM  
OxfordComma

I've been reading this board on and off for a long time and finally decided it was time to come in and say hello (and thank you), if only because my friends, husband, and co-workers are a little bored with my obsessions (yes, I do see that glazed look you people are getting when I start talking about fitness-related topics).

My name is Susan and I am definitely a vidiot. I first discovered this board a few years ago when I was looking for reviews on a video I saw featured on FitTV. I can't even recall what it was (I think it was something about Bollywood Dance). I didn't end up buying that specific video, but I sure have a lot of others now. Thanks a lot.

Seriously though, this site has been tremendously helpful to me over the years. At that time, I had put on 35 pounds while taking care of my mother and was desperate to shed it. The advice and reviews here were tremendously helpful to me in reaching that goal (and I have maintained ever since- I always tell people that exercise is the real key to maintaining, it certainly has been for me).

I'm 38, have a husband and a shaggy Australian Shepherd, and actually do have other hobbies like vegetarian cooking (so will probably be showing up on the Recipe Box thread as well). I'm not sure how much I have to contribute in the way of fitness knowledge, many people here are much more knowledgeable than I am, but I may have something of interest to say now and then .

I look forward to participating, and again, thanks to the posters here for the help and enabling.
OxfordComma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-10, 01:35 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Welcome, Susan!
I'm glad to hear this board has been so helpful to you in the past and that you've maintained since then! That's awesome!

I'm myself fairly new here and also a vegetarian! I'll be on the look out for some of your recipe posts! (I have a slight addiction to veg. cook books, but my downfall is that I rarely cook with the recipes they contain. I still have to learn how to properly plan meals ! LOL)

Looking forward to reading more from you soon! *wave*

Old 05-14-10, 11:21 PM  
sophie kat

hi val!

welcome susan! good job maintaining your weight loss.

i really hope you ladies will share some of your vegetarian recipes! i would love to go vegetarian, but my SO has a vitamin B12 deficiency and is very prone to anemia so his doctor ordered him to eat meat at least once a week. we eat meatless as much as we can and i enjoy trying new and interesting dishes.

I my VF friends!
sophie kat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
former sticky, how did you find vf, introductions, new members, new to vf, new user, sticky thread