Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion > Workout/Fitness FAQs

Old 07-16-04, 12:35 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Thanks for starting a great thread, Nancy!

Okay, I've been eyeing the rebounder being sold by Gaiam and wondering if anyone had any idea who makes it or anything. It's going for only $50 so I'm guessing it may not be as good a buy as it looks. (With a handle it's $65.) I didn't really ask about it when I went to physical therapy for my knee, but now I'm wondering...Anyway, I have to finish cleaning this place up, but I'll be back later....

I've already made a quick check of the sites you listed for rebounders, Nancy, and would like to pop in to the rebounders check-in if that's alright and see what everyone is doing and with what. TIA
Old 07-16-04, 03:57 PM  
lfcjasp
Exchange Moderator

Thanks, Nancy. I'll pay a visit
Old 03-11-05, 05:18 PM  
mbt

I just wanted to post my review of my Life Tec rebounder that I purchased from lifequest.com. The rebounder weighs about 35 lbs and seems very stable. It's easy to unfold, but a bit more difficult to fold up, which I guess is a plus from a safety standpoint. I've heard some people complain that their Life Tec rebounders were squeaky (sp -- can't spell today), but mine squeaks only minimally. It's my first rebounder, so I can't compare it to anything, but the bounce seems firm -- it's at least firm enough to easily do rapid jumps. Admittedly, I haven't jumped on it for an extended period of time yet (I'm topping out at about 20 minutes now), but it doesn't hurt my feet, and I use it barefoot. All in all, I think it's a pretty good starter rebounder for me -- I feel safe using it and can't complain about the price. Also, I just posted a rave review about Lifequest in the vendor forum and would definitely feel comfortable ordering from them again.
mbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-05, 09:48 PM  
Bebop

I just wanted to add that if anyone is looking for a great rebounder workout, the Cardio Coach workouts are great.

www.cardiocoach.com

They are audio CDs and designed for use on cardio machines. I have done them on the rebounder and the exercise bike.

I had so much fun on the rebounder. For the heart rate level 1 I just health bounced or lightly jogged. For steady state I jogged with arm movements. For hill climbs where you would adjust your tension on your machine I did high intensity moves - jacks, high jogs, tuck jumps, jump rope - anything to get my heart rate to a level 3.

For sprints I did football drills.

I enjoyed these more than any rebounder specific workout I have tried because I could design my own workout using my own steps.
Bebop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-05, 05:16 PM  
Muppet

just ordered

They finally got the urban rebounder back on home shopping network today, so I ordered. It looks fun. Has two DVD's with it that include 10 workouts. I'm excited to get it. They said it should arrive by June 15th. YEAH

The only thing is I am prone to migraines. I hope it doesn't trigger them. Anybody have experience with rebounding causing headaches?
Muppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-05, 01:10 PM  
new2me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet
The only thing is I am prone to migraines. I hope it doesn't trigger them. Anybody have experience with rebounding causing headaches?
I don't have migraines (least don't think so), but I do get terrible sinus headaches. I have not noticed it to cause them to be worse, nor start one, but I'm sure the triggers are much different.

The sudden precious moments in life need to be recognized for the unique periods they are, not wasted by wishing for something else. Edith Schaeffer
new2me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-05, 09:33 AM  
Gilda
VF Supporter

I've had my rebounder for a year now and thought I'd stop by and say "thank you" to all of you for all the information and encouragement to start bouncing.

I bounce while following a fitness video instructor or to modify a move or as a substitute for a segment. Plus I enjoy putting on some good music and bouncing away. (I'm looking forward to getting a rebounder big enough so I can do the Electric Slide on it!).

One thing I've learned to avoid that slightly dizzying feeling I used to get when I moved from the rebounder and immediately stepped onto the floor...I have a "routine" I do where I gently rock back and forth (like they do in some of the yoga videos when you're getting grounded), I completely still myself for a few seconds, and then get off. If it's right before bedtime, I rock back and forth a bit longer and that really calms me and helps prepare me for a good night's rest.

Thank you for all your help,
Gilda

Reminder to self: Fitness, Finances, FICO
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
everything rebounding, rebounder friendly