Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-20, 05:55 PM  
Vantreesta

Thurs
32 minutes (from 2.55 mi for 10k trainer wk4 day2) R-AM
20 minutes (from PT exercises for pelvic stability & glute strength) R-AM
22 minutes (from Kassandra Morning Yoga Movement day 14 & 19, YT) T-AM looks like missed day 14 somehow

Fri
47 minutes (from K. Voight Burn & Firm Circuit Training) I bought this DVD last year so I thought this was my first time for the workout but I swear it's the same footage as in Slim Physique for Your Week . It was humbling to start out with 5 lb dumbbells and then drop to 3 lb. And my chest and triceps were sore by evening already!

Sat
32 minutes (from 2.63 mi for 10k trainer wk4 day3) SAT
20 minutes (from Athletic Yoga: Yoga for Runners post-run practice from memory) did my yoga outside under a tree and really enjoyed it.
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 06:46 PM  
Vantreesta

Karen, I can't even imagine running at 5 AM! It's been in the 70s this week when I ran (other than Mon) and I have been plenty warm. Thankfully the humidity has been in the 40s those days but I wish I had a place to run in the shade. Actually there is a path I should try along the river. I thought about checking it out today but there were so many bikes out on the path I decided to wait till a weekday. It's funny, I run so slow it's hard to tell if the heat has much effect on that aspect! I'm glad you're able to run more now. My shins are tender the last couple days. I should probably get on the soft roller for them.

Jbliff, we have a lot of days in the 80s in the summer and some in the 90s, although not a lot of those, thankfully. We're in southern MN and it's hotter and more humid here than up north, at least most of the time. One year when we came out of the Boundary Waters, the temperature along the North Shore (Lake Superior) was around 50 degrees at around noon. By the time we got home like 6-7 hours later it was STILL 90 degrees here! It's not usually so extreme across the state but it's a big difference depending where you are.

Cheryl, yay for DH being off work longer! I'm sure that eases your mind some. It's good they have so many precautions in place though. I think I heard gyms and indoor dining (at a certain percentage of capacity) are to open here next week.

Gibbee, thinking of you and DH. I am amazed that you are able to fit in and have the energy for workouts with all you have on your plate!

CS--I honestly don't understand all the raves for it either. Some have been good but mostly I feel silly and not much different afterwards. I will say i like Essentrics a lot better, with her daughter Sahra. There is smthg different about them and I do feel good things happen in my lower body with Essentrics. A few years ago I did a few CS episodes and one really made my back hurt so I didn't try any again till this year. I figured I can work my way through the 60+ episodes on the DVR but no interest at this point in buying them on DVD.

Vertigo--the exercises made me feel rotten so he said to stop them for right now. Thursday I did them after my workouts and felt so weak, wiped out and dizzy I just dozed all afternoon. I go back Monday. I am still out of alignment so I don't know if the exercises will help once I'm all straightened out or if I will still need them or what. I have really learned the importance of maintenance this year!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Old 06-06-20, 07:25 PM  
karjoy
VF Supporter

Hi all. 50 minute walk/run with a good deal of running today. Ran in the light rain so it was very comfortable. Rest day yesterday.

Vannie that’s interesting that the southern part of MN is hotter and more humid than the more northern part., just like the southern part of the US is much hotter and more humid than the north. I stupidly assumed that all of MN would be cool to cold most of the year.

I finally went out with friends for coffee today. We went to a place with outdoor seating and wore our masks inside while ordering and waiting. It felt ok.

Night all, kareng
karjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-20, 07:33 PM  
Vantreesta

Karen, I think it's just such a long state plus up north is more lakes and trees and the southern part also has a lot of farmland. Where we are is actually not that far from Iowa. Glad you got to have coffee with friends! I've enjoyed seeing friends in outdoor settings. Thankfully we can do that here. My family in AZ could only do that till about mid-April unless they wait till dark!