Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-23-20, 11:59 AM  
bubbles76

Beachbody Shift Shop - Enable or Disenable Me

I was interested in this set awhile back when it first came out. Okay, so I was interested in Chris Downing, but a girl has to have motivation These are back on my radar now, but for proper reasons hehe. I was looking on Dysfunctional Parrot for reviews on 22 Day Hardcore, and came across this set. I like the length and he seems encouraging. For anyone that has the set, can you comment on the following:
  • How is the impact? Is it easily modifiable and you still get a good sweat?
  • How are the strength workouts? More of a maintain or gain type of system?
  • Do you need a lot of room for the cardio?
  • Is it fun? What can you compare it to?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-20, 12:52 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I was interested in this set awhile back when it first came out. Okay, so I was interested in Chris Downing, but a girl has to have motivation These are back on my radar now, but for proper reasons hehe. I was looking on Dysfunctional Parrot for reviews on 22 Day Hardcore, and came across this set. I like the length and he seems encouraging. For anyone that has the set, can you comment on the following:
  • How is the impact? Is it easily modifiable and you still get a good sweat?
  • How are the strength workouts? More of a maintain or gain type of system?
  • Do you need a lot of room for the cardio?
  • Is it fun? What can you compare it to?
Shift Shop is a great program

1. The instructor- Chris is genuinely encouraging and he has a great demeanor

2. The speed workouts have quite a few agility moves and many of them are higher impact (there is a modifier that does easier moves.)

3. Some of the cardio moves can be space hogs.

4. The strength workouts can be either maintain or gain depending on your weight selection.

5. I enjoyed the program however I enjoyed the strength workouts more than the cardio.

6.I would compare Shift Shop in intensity to Michelle Dozois' Peak programs or to Mike Donovanik's workouts or Katami's 4x4 program.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-20, 01:06 PM  
bubbles76

Oh, I liked Katami's 4x4 program and Mike Donavanik's metabolic workouts! I like Michelle's Peak Fit, but it is too fast and high impact for me. Did you keep impact in or modify?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
Old 06-23-20, 01:17 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Oh, I liked Katami's 4x4 program and Mike Donavanik's metabolic workouts! I like Michelle's Peak Fit, but it is too fast and high impact for me. Did you keep impact in or modify?
The moves are higher impact although modifications are shown. If you can do Michelle, Katami and Mike, you can do Shift Shop.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-20, 01:56 PM  
bubbles76

Well, I can handle Mike and Paul lol!
Old 06-24-20, 03:18 PM  
jcmclean

I just did speed 25 this morning after putting it on the shelf for a few years and I liked it a lot. The distinctive thing is the markers which you read about in the parrot review so you are hopping around or touching the markers. For me it doesn't holds together as a stand alone program because of my lack of flexibility but it has a place with other beachbody programs.
jcmclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-20, 09:00 AM  
bubbles76

Thanks Jcmclean! So the only thing you felt missing from the program was a flexibility component? I have a good selection of stretch and yoga that I think I can input.
Old 06-25-20, 05:13 PM  
jcmclean

Chris is trying to improve athletic movement. That’s really the focus of the program. Quick changes in direction. Touching floor markers. Hopping and moving laterally to improve range and accuracy of motion. I think everyone is interested improving this component of fitness even if not engaged in sports. Flexibility and strength are better addressed in other programs. A six week program of this training is fine for someone younger.
jcmclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-20, 07:00 PM  
bubbles76

Ah I see. Gives me a lot to think about.
Old 06-25-20, 07:13 PM  
Vantreesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmclean View Post
Chris is trying to improve athletic movement. That’s really the focus of the program. Quick changes in direction. Touching floor markers. Hopping and moving laterally to improve range and accuracy of motion. I think everyone is interested improving this component of fitness even if not engaged in sports. Flexibility and strength are better addressed in other programs. A six week program of this training is fine for someone younger.
Hmm...this sounds really good to me. Is it on DVD or just BBOD?

ETA: yay, it's on DVD!!
You don't have to be fast, just keep moving forward.
Note to self: You don't get to complain about things you won't work to change!

Word for 2024: Accomplished; Word for 2023: Grounded; Word for 2022: Consistency; Word for 2021: Mindfulness
Vantreesta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4x4 system, beach body, beachbody, beachbody shift shop, chris downing, paul katami, shift shop