Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 05-06-20, 04:27 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
Count me as another not wild about Slide N Glide..... well, that is, I think I tried it once! I should try it again. I do like work with the gliders, but maybe just not that much of it. I love the section with them on Great Glutes -- seems like it's the right amount.

Good to know Kate is ok, too -- hope the job search goes well for her!!

This morning I did Rockout Knockout for the first time -- I liked it! I'm wondering if anyone does the heavy bag bonus without a heavy bag. I watched a few minutes of it and it seems like that might be doable. No intentions of acquiring a heavy bag here.

Nice to "see" everyone who's here!!
I always do the heavy bag portions on the DVDs and Live. I just shadow box the moves with weighted gloves.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-20, 04:28 PM  
Mickey12

Manley yes I did Xtrain Legs today too. Cool, we did the same one again on the same day! I find this one tough, unlike Kittybug, good grief, you're fierce! I had to alternate legs during the high rep sections of the floor work. The single leg ball roll-ins just about killed me. What I love is that ZZ Top "Legs" (or at least a decent sound-a-like) is playing during the floor work. I love that song. I think every leg workout should have that song!

So good to see lots of posts. I love reading them all.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-20, 05:16 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChelePA View Post
I always do the heavy bag portions on the DVDs and Live. I just shadow box the moves with weighted gloves.
Ah, thanks..... that was exactly what I was wondering. I wasn't sure if it would be harder to follow along or not. I'll give it a go next time!
Old 05-06-20, 05:35 PM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Happy Wednesday!!

Today was Tabatacise for me, and did you know, if you get SLEEP, you feel better?? OMG, gals, this went SO differently than last week...still so hard but fun but HARD. I'm the kind of person who takes a while to warm up and due to that, I always find the first tabata hard to get through...today was no different but I wasn't considering skipping out after the second tabata like I was last week, hah hah hah!! Then suddenly, I was through the fifth tabata and realized I was nearly done, and I never had to pause in between tabata rounds 4A and 4B like last week.

Tomorrow will be Supercuts, yay, finally!! I'll do a premix but not sure which.

Nathalie, SO GLAD you've joined us!! RWH Legs is no joke either...love it! And I love how you and everyone else are so creative mixing and matching the workouts!

Yay, Manleym, on Tabatacise!! Of course you sailed through!!

ChelePA, Horusosiris, Manleym, I TOO go back and forth on wanting Live/On Demand even though I have all these DVDs because when I had On Demand for a short time, I was so impressed with all the premixes other members had created and added...that alone was a draw! Even just having Live is awesome though. But again, my streaming capabilities aren't the best, darn it! I just want it all, wahhhh!!!!

Bee, I too have just held hand weights, 1 pounders, since I don't have gloves, and I do the heavy bag bonuses sans bag. They're still great that way!

Kim, I'm really sore today from Xtrain Legs, but you know where I'm most sore? My obliques...and I think it's from the barre work, the side raises. That was unexpected (but welcome I suppose)! It is a creeper workout for sure, Manleym!

Yeah, I tend to get antsy about moving on with the workouts but there are just so many awesome ones in Xtrain, I want to get more familiar before moving on....plus with adding in Cross Fire and To the Max, that's even more workouts to get familiar with.

Stay fierce, everyone! The week is going by fast!!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-20, 06:19 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post

This morning I did Rockout Knockout for the first time -- I liked it! I'm wondering if anyone does the heavy bag bonus without a heavy bag. I watched a few minutes of it and it seems like that might be doable. No intentions of acquiring a heavy bag here.
Bee- I have done the Heavy Bag Bonus both ways- with the heavy bag and holding hand weights. I like them both. You can even just shadow box without weights.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 12:57 AM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Happy Thursday morning!

Welcome, lavna, and please post when you can! I think most of us mix and match quite a lot. I guess that's what happens when you have so many choices!

Both Monday and Tuesday I did Cathe's Lives at Fives. On both days I also walked around 5 miles. Wednesday I just walked. My allergies have been kicking my butt and I'm taking it easier for a bit. We will see what tomorrow brings!

horusosiris, Steven SanSoucie has been doing free workouts on You Tube during the pandemic. His style reminds me a bit of Rob Glick in particular the one Rob did for Evolution video if you are familiar with it. There are some "new" moves, some "old" moves, and they are put together in fresh ways, at least the ones that I have done. I think he is pretty creative and has a pleasant demeanor. He does both step and weight workouts but I like the step ones just because you don't see step workouts often anymore and non-drill based ones are even rarer. Give him a try and please post what you think!

bee, I do the heavy bag portion without a bag as well on Rockout Knockout and on the Cathe Lives that use it. I don't have weighted gloves either so I either wear no weights, put on 1 pound soft wrist bracelets, or hold a 2 pound weight.

I have been waffling on Cathe Live for some time now. I am so busy with the tons of DVD workouts that I have that it seems hard to justify even if it is very reasonably priced. ***sigh*** so many workouts, so little time.

Glad to know Kate is okay. It's such a strange and different time that it's worrisome when we don't hear from someone for awhile.

Waves to all! It's very late (or early?) and even this night owl needs to sleep!
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 08:02 AM  
ChelePA

Also glad to hear those that are MIA are doing okay!!!!

Cathe Live at 8 am. Low Impact HIIT. I really like this one. 27 different exercises. Keeps it moving and I love the variety. Also To the Mat, the resistance band and floor work with abs mixed in. It flowed really nicely with this combo. I am slowly building some endurance/strength with these moves. I still can't do all the ball moves in the one section without some breaks. It amazes me how easy it looks for the crew. Well that's true for most of the workouts

I think we will be in lockdown for some time. Our area is now becoming a hot spot despite PA's numbers going down. My mom who is 73 is insisting on returning to work despite my protest. Plus she's a closet smoker so that adds to my worry. She refuses to retire despite not needing the money. Just hope she follows all my instructions with wearing her mask, sanitizing, etc.

And I hope those looking for work or trying to get unemployment, have success. It's such a crazy time!
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 09:41 AM  
manleym

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataddict View Post
I have been waffling on Cathe Live for some time now. I am so busy with the tons of DVD workouts that I have that it seems hard to justify even if it is very reasonably priced. ***sigh*** so many workouts, so little time.
Well said, Cataddict. That's exactly how I feel.

Quote:
I think we will be in lockdown for some time. Our area is now becoming a hot spot despite PA's numbers going down. My mom who is 73 is insisting on returning to work despite my protest. Plus she's a closet smoker so that adds to my worry. She refuses to retire despite not needing the money. Just hope she follows all my instructions with wearing her mask, sanitizing, etc.

And I hope those looking for work or trying to get unemployment, have success. It's such a crazy time!
We're starting to reopen and our number of new cases is going up. But they did say late April/early May would be the peak. Salons (hair, nail, tanning, etc) open tomorrow. Gyms and other places open May 18. Restaurants are starting to re-open.

I know you worry so much about your mom, ChelePA. That is so hard. Just keep on reminding her and do what you can.

Also hope everyone's financial needs are meet too. Hoping some of you will be rehired soon, get unemployment, or find another job soon. And hoping you and your families are all healthy.
manleym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 09:57 AM  
lavna

Quote:
Cathe Live at 8 am. Low Impact HIIT. I really like this one. 27 different exercises. Keeps it moving and I love the variety.
I did this one a couple of times and I liked it very much. I'm thinking of purchasing the download.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manleym View Post
We're starting to reopen and our number of new cases is going up. But they did say late April/early May would be the peak. Salons (hair, nail, tanning, etc) open tomorrow. Gyms and other places open May 18. Restaurants are starting to re-open.
Here, elementary schools (kindergarden to grade 6) and day care are reopening on Monday everywhere in the province (except Montréal - 19th for them). We're about the only ones who are doing that. My kids are in high school and they won't have any school till fall. I don't have to decide if I send them or not.
I think it's a little fast especially since the situation in Montréal is not under control yet.
Salons, restaurants and gyms are still closed. Social distanciation is too hard to implement at the moment. It's strange how every jurisdiction is different. Nobody knows exactly what is the best way to reopen.
I hope hair salons reopen soon though… I'm due for a root touch up!

Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-20, 12:02 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

lavna, it's very interesting to read what it being done in other countries. Although from the varied responses in this country, I think we are living in different countries within the US right now. Our state governor is a doctor and I believe because of this he is exercising a lot of caution. Some areas of our state have been hit harder than others with cases so who knows how it will work once "reopening" starts to happen. Oh, and I assume that French is your "first" language so feel free to throw in a word or two. My French is extremely rusty but I can still understand some of it. It can't hold a candle to your English--your English is better than many of our native speakers. Keep on posting!

Today is Cathe Live at five, Low Impact Blast off. There are a couple of these lives that I really like in the free selections and am making my list to buy. Unless of course I get my fill of doing the same ones after a few times. I had transmission issues with some of my selections the first time around, and since I seemed to have solved this it's like doing them for the first time.
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in