Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-11-20, 10:28 AM  
ChelePA

[QUOTE=horusosiris;2877585]Hello All

My extended family and I had been planning for years to go to the Olympic games in Japan. We were looking forward to it but I guess we will have to wait for another time. We went to the Olympic games in Brazil. I did not enjoy myself as much as I had hoped. The games were good but the touring was so-so. One of my sons is a former T+F Olympian and now he trains several Track and Field Olympians and Olympian hopefuls. His specialties are sprints and hurdles. His athletes are trying to maintain their training regimes but it has been hard for them. I feel for all of the athletes whose hopes were dashed.

I am on week 6 day 3 of my program and still enjoying it! I also did today's Cathe Live. I liked it! The workout was "All Low Impact Kickboxing, Hiit and Core" It comprised low impact kickboxing drills, interspersed with low impact hiit and finished with core work. I enjoyed the variety. This week for cardio I have done a SSOD Hip Hop cycling class and another Turbo Fire class. - 45EZ. Now I need to get in some Travis Yin Yoga, I have been neglecting my stretching for a few weeks now.

Kate – Hang in There! I see that you are enjoying 80 DO. I started it when it was first released but did not last the 80 days. It is a good program. These days I most often do the Cathe premixes. I used to do Linda's workout fairly often and have most of her workouts. Linda gave up using weights a while back secondary to her feeling that she injured herself when using heavier weights. She used to use maybe 8-15 lbs. Now she just uses 3-5 lbs. I think that is when I began to lose some interest in her workouts. I enjoyed the variety but now they are mostly endurance workouts. I use her endurance series when I want to do high reps.

Kittybug- Power Hour is another good one. I think that was one of my first Cathe strength workouts. I would do it often when Cathe workouts were on TV.

ChelPA- yes the workout with Cathe and Nate was soooo good. I wish she would put that workout up on her Cathe Live workouts

Linda- I hear you about Jari Love. Body rocks and Lean Machine are not among my favorite Jari workouts. Years ago, I did her workouts faithfully. Her earlier workouts are great when you want to do a total body high rep workout

Bee - congratulations to your son. That is a wonderful accomplishment.

You can save the Cathe and Nate live workout on the Facebook page. I think it might be my workout again for later. This morning I did push/pull premix from Muscle Max. Quick and effective.

Incredible about your Olympic experience and your son. Just wow!!! I see Japan is thinking about making things more simple and less athletes. Does not seem fair. Hoping everything can go as scheduled next year.
ChelePA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-20, 10:59 AM  
horusosiris

"You can save the Cathe and Nate live workout on the Facebook page. I think it might be my workout again for later. This morning I did push/pull mix from Muscle Max. Quick and effective. "

ChelPA - Can you post the link for the Nate/Cathe workout. I do not see that it is still up on the Facebook page. Thanks
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-20, 04:10 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

horusosiris I feel like I remember when you went to the games in Brazil. Can that be? (that I remember that?) Such a bummer for all athletes -- at all levels. I'm really getting sick of the whole situation, but guess what? The virus doesn't care what I think.

Wow, I might try to see that Cathe & Nate workout. I thought they disappeared somehow.

This morning I did another step classic: Step Jam. It seemed like more of a steady state workout. Very easy to follow and fairly low energy -- probably good for me today. I can see how this one might tend to feel like it drags on the way she builds it (or doesn't), but it was fine. I actually finally made it to my zoom yoga class -- nice to "see" everyone and the yoga felt great. It seemed like her ab work went on forever this morning. I don't know if that's me not having done it for a long time or if it really did go on longer. I really should try to do this weekly.

Ok, I'm off to see if I can find the Cathe facebook Lives. Hope everyone is having a good day.
Old 06-11-20, 04:14 PM  
bee
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
"You can save the Cathe and Nate live workout on the Facebook page. I think it might be my workout again for later. This morning I did push/pull mix from Muscle Max. Quick and effective. "

ChelPA - Can you post the link for the Nate/Cathe workout. I do not see that it is still up on the Facebook page. Thanks
Hmmmm, I found this:

https://www.facebook.com/FourSeasons...38272243436370

but it's Live right now -- I don't think that's what ChelePA was talking about, but I'm not sure.....
Old 06-11-20, 07:52 PM  
ChelePA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bee View Post
horusosiris I feel like I remember when you went to the games in Brazil. Can that be? (that I remember that?) Such a bummer for all athletes -- at all levels. I'm really getting sick of the whole situation, but guess what? The virus doesn't care what I think.

Wow, I might try to see that Cathe & Nate workout. I thought they disappeared somehow.

This morning I did another step classic: Step Jam. It seemed like more of a steady state workout. Very easy to follow and fairly low energy -- probably good for me today. I can see how this one might tend to feel like it drags on the way she builds it (or doesn't), but it was fine. I actually finally made it to my zoom yoga class -- nice to "see" everyone and the yoga felt great. It seemed like her ab work went on forever this morning. I don't know if that's me not having done it for a long time or if it really did go on longer. I really should try to do this weekly.

Ok, I'm off to see if I can find the Cathe facebook Lives. Hope everyone is having a good day.
If you go to Cathe’s professional Facebook page, and look under videos— You’ll see the video when you scroll down. Click on the video then in the right upper hand corner, you’ll see three dots- click on them and you can save the video. I can’t figure out how to do a link. Sorry!

See below. Figured it out
Old 06-11-20, 07:55 PM  
ChelePA

https://www.facebook.com/cathefitnes...5012881415011/

Maybe that works???
Old 06-12-20, 10:45 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Happy Fierce Friday!
Today I really lit things up. I did 80DO P1 Day 5 Legs, then I added on a couple off tracks from Cathe's Turbo Barre again, and then ended with a leg cooking practice from Power Yoga and Bryan Kest called 30 Mins & Done #5. Lots of one legged balancing and Bryan even called it a Baby Burner. Ow. Ow. Ow. I'm standing here and can literally feel my legs quiver!

Don't know if you remember but I had signed up to do an quarter mile all uphill race later this month. It got moved to next year. So I guess I have another year to prepare. It's just a charity race, but its up a smaller ski hill..sigh...next year.

Hugs to all. Take care of yourselves!!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-20, 10:17 AM  
kittybug
VF Supporter

Quick drive-by friends, hope I can respond more later to all your great posts and awesome fierce workouts! You are all so inspiring!

Just had kind of a bad week with things going wrong including our internet so I was also offline for a bit. And when the tech came to fix it, they had a system outage right at that moment, but he didn't know that because we were the ones to discover it...what are the chances, right? Poor guy was in my house for over three hours trying to figure it out when he wasn't even supposed to be inside in the first place due to distancing protocol!

So my other workouts included Linda Wooldridge's Sweat Series (Pyramid Sweat and Cardio Sculpt Sweat together for an hour of no-impact sweat) and Cathe's Road Trip Leg Day (which made me SO sore again!). I had planned Flex Train in there but the internet issue derailed my workout that day, hah!

My ankle is feeling much better...not fully there yet but at least back to where I was before nearly squashing my kitty on the stairs. Gonna give it another week of randomness!

Be back later to respond to you all more!! Stay fierce!
kittybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-20, 12:17 PM  
Mickey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KateTT View Post
Happy Fierce Friday!
Today I really lit things up. I did 80DO P1 Day 5 Legs, then I added on a couple off tracks from Cathe's Turbo Barre again, and then ended with a leg cooking practice from Power Yoga and Bryan Kest called 30 Mins & Done #5. Lots of one legged balancing and Bryan even called it a Baby Burner. Ow. Ow. Ow. I'm standing here and can literally feel my legs quiver!

Don't know if you remember but I had signed up to do an quarter mile all uphill race later this month. It got moved to next year. So I guess I have another year to prepare. It's just a charity race, but its up a smaller ski hill..sigh...next year.

Hugs to all. Take care of yourselves!!
Kate I was just thinking about your race and wondering if it was going to go forward. Bummer that it’s off for this year but you can try for next year.

Kim
Mickey12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-20, 10:13 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Happy Monday. Ha. Not much difference in the days for me. Still not working but at least I finally FINALLY got my unemployment. Whew.

Well I had sore legs all weekend after Friday's leg blaster! Good sore.

Back to 80DO Phase 1 Day 8 Total Body Core. This one has the same exercises as Day 1 but instead of two sets with 15 reps there are three sets of 10 reps each. You are also supposed to go a bit heavier now which I did by 2-5lbs depending on the exercise. Lots of good loop/band work too.
I added on Cathe's Core Max #1 which is all floor core/abs. Cathe is wicked. She has always had such an admirable midsection...her abs are so defined! I'm striving for near to that.

Question....so now that we've gone through a lot of Cathe's workouts, do you have a favorite ONE? Yes just pick ONE. I'm curious.
For me so far it would have to be High Step Training. It was new to me and I loved every minute of it. Great total body workout with a bit hit to the legs and also some good cardio.

Have a goodie!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
analysis paralysis, cathe, cathe rotation, cathe rotation checkin, cathe rotations, too many choices, too many options, variety, watulan check-in