Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-17, 06:59 PM  
lexybeth1

P90x3! I love this set! Anyone with good results?

Hello everyone! I know I am late to the P90X lovefest�� Has anyone completed a rotation of P90X 3, and if so, what were your results? I am looking for toning and weight loss. Thank you in advance! Misty
lexybeth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-17, 07:17 PM  
gmfreund
VF Supporter

I did a rotation several years ago and really liked it. My core strength improved dramatically. Overall I felt strong and I didn't get injured (always good!).

Gwynn
gmfreund is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-17, 10:55 AM  
jcmclean

I'm in block 2 of my second round. I just got the set a few months ago so I'm late as well.

I don't do the fit tests, track weights used and body weight. I just do the workout to the best of my ability and try to control my diet as best as I can.

I do like the program as the variety and the length of the workouts have also kept me injury free but feeling very worked out. I can't do X2 as designed so I mix in X2 workout occasionally to increase the intensity.

After the second round I'll move onto another program but X3 has definitely been a good purchase.
jcmclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-17, 09:23 AM  
lexybeth1

Thank you for your replies! I am in the second week of first block doing classic and I like it alot, I am surprised that there are not more p90x3 grads with amazing weight loss/aesthetic result replies! I know the set has been out awhile and I had assumed many had done it on VF and would have results or lack of😄
lexybeth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-17, 02:59 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I think it's a great program. I did it when it first came out, but I had to sub out one of the workouts because there were a lot of burpees done at a furious pace and I am not able to do that due to an old shoulder injury. I don't remember which one it was, but other than that, I was much stronger after doing X3 and think I might do it again after I finish the current rotation I'm doing (another Tony Horton - 22 Minute Hard Corps).
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-17, 06:48 AM  
Tugger31

I've had my eye on this set for a long time. I do not have a Pull Up bar, have no plans on getting one and have nowhere to put one in my workout area. Can these workouts still be good without one? Is there a comparable alternate move to sub for the Pull Ups?

Thanks! I've been more interested in 30 minute workouts lately.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-17, 07:51 AM  
ncl

I don't have a pull up bar. I guess you could do lat rows. I use Cathe's tower to do "assisted pull-ups" when I have done Tony's workouts. I am also interested in p90x3 but haven't bit the bullet yet. The 30 minute workout is very appealing.
ncl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-17, 09:02 AM  
MARIKA

Ii love this set. Ive done several rounds over the years. I really like what it does to my legs. It really defines them like nothing else with all the different types of moves. Plus 30 min stuff is great. I do sub rows for pullups at times to so its doable. I have a bar but sometimes I can't bare doing them
Old 05-27-17, 09:29 AM  
Tugger31

I forgot all about my husband's TRX door attachment, I'm sure there is some sort of pull up variation I can do with that. (The ceiling about the door frame where this is attached juts out which is why I don't have a pull up bar. I'd hit my head!)

MARIKA, what type of body shape (legs specifically) do you have? Endo, Meso, Endo? Good leg results is always appealing to me!
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-17, 07:10 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

You can also use a door attachment with a band for pull ups. Tony shows that modification in the workouts.
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burpees, p90x3, p90x3 reviews