Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-17, 09:01 AM  
wookiemouse

What are your favorite 20 min HIIT DVDs?

I'm looking for recommendations for HIIT workouts! Requirements:

1. Must be around 20 mins long
2. Must be FUN (I have Turbofire, Cathe's ICE, etc - those rock!)
3. NO step workouts, I have the coordination of a drunken mule.

TIA!

Stacy

Completed: P90X, CLX, TF, TF/CLX hybrid (x3), Les Mills Pump, STS (x3), NROLFW, Focus T25, P90X3, Body Beast, Insanity half-grad

Currently doing: Strong
wookiemouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-17, 09:42 AM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

Maybe Firm Express workouts? Some are more fun than others. It is tough to beat Turbo Jam/Fire for the fun factor!

Other options that I haven't gotten into enough but come to mind are T-25 (Shaun T) and Brett Hoebel has a set of 10 minute HIIT DVDs.
Old 03-07-17, 12:59 AM  
Aurora C.

I'm always looking for more of these too, 20 min HIITs fit well into any rotation I undertake. The ones that come to mind are Barry's Bootcamp Hollywood Code Red (15 min), Montenegro Method, 5 rounds of Breathless Body = 20 min, 2 of BJ Gadour's 10 Minute Torchers (though I've not used it enough to really advise on which segments), and Anni's Firece Force has 4 15-minute circuits (though my copy is still in the plastic as it arrived while I was recovering from a repetitive strain injury and I just haven't tried it yet).

A few I have my eye on but haven't purchased yet: IGNITE by SPRI 900 Calorie Burn (has 4 25 minute HIITs), Get Ripped in 6 Minutes (3 20 min workouts), 20 Minute Body: 4 Fast Fat Loss Hiit Workouts Including Capoeira, and Personal Training with Jackie: Power Circuit Training (4 15-min circuits and 1 40-min).

I hope others chime in on this, I'd like more options too.
Aurora C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-17, 07:08 AM  
Tugger31

I like Amy Dixon's Breathless Body workouts. I know the one I have is tabata-style. They are not 20 minutes, but I just stop after 20 minutes.
Tugger31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-17, 10:36 AM  
deineira

Quote:
Originally Posted by wookiemouse View Post
I'm looking for recommendations for HIIT workouts! Requirements:

1. Must be around 20 mins long
2. Must be FUN (I have Turbofire, Cathe's ICE, etc - those rock!)
3. NO step workouts, I have the coordination of a drunken mule.

TIA!

Stacy
Fun is very relative, of course, but I think the Weider Ruthless workouts might fit the bill, at least some of them. I think you can find them on YouTube...that's where I found them.

Michele Dozois has Peak10 workouts that are really great HIIT workouts. You can shorten any of these to meet your 20 minute requirement. Each full block is 10 minutes, and each workout has 4 blocks, so you can get 2 HiiT workouts out of each one. This does not include warmup and cool down. These workouts are a ton of fun and have good music. They have some choreography but it's not that complicated. You might also check out Cathe's Tabatacise. This is also on the daily deal today.
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-17, 12:11 PM  
ebianco
VF Supporter

You know what is fun (but may not quite qualify as HIIT as much as intense cardio) is Moxie 1 and Moxie 2 with Heather Corndorf (sp). They are really fun, great music, high energy, and about 20 minutes each.

Also there is a 10 Minute Solution HIIT DVD of which you could do two chapters.

I also wanted to mention Zuzka who has tons of free content on youtube. Hers may not be 20 minutes but you can add some together, she has lots of 5-15 minute workouts.
Old 03-07-17, 04:22 PM  
Sancho
VF Supporter

Location: My body is in Louisville but my heart is in Atlanta
I love Millionaire Hoy on Youtube (free). He has hundreds of workouts, all Hiit at various lengths, intensities and focus.
Sancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-17, 08:34 PM  
Genevieve M

Why do instructors post so many (free) longer videos on YT? I can see posting shorter workouts to give viewers a taste, but it seems like they are giving away the store....can anyone in marketing shed some light? Thanks.
Genevieve M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-17, 02:09 PM  
twinkletoes

All in 18 or that "Ignite" one that's sold as an extra if you buy All in 18.
Old 03-10-17, 02:16 PM  
Aurora C.

I've read some reviews that say The Firm Express set is high impact, can anyone chime in on how modifiable these are, say on a rebounder. I have concrete floors in my workout space so I pretty much do all high impact moves on the rebounder but it's frustrating when the workout is all flunges or high impact moves that require a larger surface area than the rebounder provides. The Firm Express looks good though. Anyone? ...anyone? Bueller?
Aurora C. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
t25