Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 12-15-16, 07:10 PM  
macska
VF Supporter

For Daily Burn users

I like the app a lot. Now they have a Spartan program, I did the first day today, no disappointment here.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-16, 07:35 PM  
bubbles76

Do you think there is enough variety on Daily Burn?
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-16, 08:01 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
Do you think there is enough variety on Daily Burn?
Oh yes. I pretty much cancelled all streaming, except Peloton. But DB is great. They have a free trial, you can check it out yourself. Beside their metabolic/strength programs their pilates and yoga is good too.

David Goggins
Old 12-16-16, 08:24 AM  
bubbles76

I read that really fast and thought it said PIRATES not pilates ha! I was thinking, "whoa, I'm so in!" Still sounds like a good program though, so maybe I'll look into the free trial. Do they have stuff for intermediates? Daily Burn always seemed so advanced to me.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-16, 09:13 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
I read that really fast and thought it said PIRATES not pilates ha! I was thinking, "whoa, I'm so in!" Still sounds like a good program though, so maybe I'll look into the free trial. Do they have stuff for intermediates? Daily Burn always seemed so advanced to me.
In this Spartan program they do have modifiers. I think its definitely worth checking out.

David Goggins
Old 01-18-17, 10:10 PM  
twinkletoes

I joined with the free trial. Lots of variety! I like it (not sure if I'll keep it yet though). What's the biggest difference between premium and basic though? Is premium worth it?

Also, I wanted to do a 365 daily workout but the guy just talks and talks. Is there a way to skip it and get to the workout?
Old 01-19-17, 07:43 AM  
Rhonda

I keep seeing this advertised and was wondering about it. I don't need anything hard core.

I would like a strength program that is around 20 minutes is there anything like that?

Guess I should check it out.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-17, 10:01 AM  
kelsey211
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonda View Post
I keep seeing this advertised and was wondering about it. I don't need anything hard core.

I would like a strength program that is around 20 minutes is there anything like that?

Guess I should check it out.
Daily Burn has a good variety of Programs of various lengths, workout styles and for different levels. This link should take you to their programs and the workouts within each program.

https://dailyburn.com/app#!programs

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkletoes View Post
I joined with the free trial. Lots of variety! I like it (not sure if I'll keep it yet though). What's the biggest difference between premium and basic though? Is premium worth it?

Also, I wanted to do a 365 daily workout but the guy just talks and talks. Is there a way to skip it and get to the workout?
I particularly like the Daily 365 workouts. I like the different instructors; each style a little bit different - the workouts are all 30 minutes long. If you view the recorded daily 365 workout after the live stream is over, there is a marker that brings you directly to the start of the workout.

The difference in the Basic vs. Premium is in the Daily 365. With the Basic, the Daily 365 workout is up for only 24 hours and is gone once the next day's live stream begins (9am Eastern). The Premium membership will give you access to all the previous 365 workouts (currently at over 450 workouts). This is good because you can go back to workouts and instructors that you like. All the other regular Programs are accessible to both Basic and Premium members. The one exception is that the Premium members get early access for brand new programs.