Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-06-16, 07:31 AM  
frostyjan
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lselbach View Post
And every review seems to have an "I had to use heavier weights than Cathe to get a decent workout" comment. Sometimes, the weight used is just irrelevant.

But, yes. Great, detailed info.
I appreciate the level of detail and especially her statements of needing to go heavier. I value those comments, as I am someone who needs to go heavier than Cathe.

Everyone is different, and everyone can lift different amounts of weights. If a reader is in the camp of needing to go heavier than Cathe and can relate to the writer on that point it is all the more valuable to them.

I don't think she does it to brag or make people feel bad (which is how I am reading the comments that she unnecessarily includes the info about weights) , she is just relating her experience on her blog. Everyone is free to take it or leave it.

There are plenty of people who can and choose to lift heavier than Cathe, and plenty of people who can't, or can and choose not to. I don't care or assign more or less value to the people who do either. It's just working out.

YMMV
frostyjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-16, 08:51 AM  
suzannaerin

Her blog is superb on every level. I think she mentions her fitness level so you can gauge whether or not a workout is right for you, right weights for you, etc.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-16, 10:45 AM  
Chomper

Thanks for bringing my attention to this blog. It's incredibly useful and I'm kind of surprised I haven't heard of it before. Bookmarked!
Chomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-16, 11:55 AM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzannaerin View Post
Her blog is superb on every level. I think she mentions her fitness level so you can gauge whether or not a workout is right for you, right weights for you, etc.
Agreed - and she needs to put the level info in every review just in case the reader is just interested in that particular review, or they won't get that info.
Old 03-06-16, 12:11 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I never felt like she was bragging, just providing information on her level of fitness. I'm not at her fitness level, but I enjoy her reviews and it has helped me determine when or when not to buy something. She must put a lot of time into it. Another fitness blog I enjoy is the Dysfunctional Parrot.
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-16, 01:37 PM  
buffmama

[QUOTE=frostyjan;2617356 It's just working out.

YMMV[/QUOTE]

Isn't that heresy on here?! We're vidiots after all.
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-16, 01:58 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasinhawaii View Post
I never felt like she was bragging, just providing information on her level of fitness. I'm not at her fitness level, but I enjoy her reviews and it has helped me determine when or when not to buy something. She must put a lot of time into it. Another fitness blog I enjoy is the Dysfunctional Parrot.
That is what I use her blog for. If she says it was not challenging enough, it is probably on my level . I have read lots of her reviews and find them extremely well organized. I guess it is good for her to mention her level in every review, especially for someone who doesn't review her blog often or that is new to her blog.

ETA: The Dysfunctional Parrot is hilarious!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-16, 01:58 PM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishiwasinhawaii View Post
+ 1, he makes me LOL.

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-16, 06:07 PM  
Crescent Moon
VF Supporter

Love her blog. I'm pretty sure I found about it through a mention here at VF. I believe she works full time. She would have my admiration alone for finding the motivation to maintain a high level of fitness.

I am very grateful that she takes the the time to write her prolific and incredibly detailed reviews. As far as I can tell, she buys her own review material, and her blog is (thankfully) not monetized.

If the writer of 2 Lazy 4 the Gym is reading this, thank you.

P.S. I'd also like to thank the VF bloggers that are kind enough to share.

Edited for spelling.
Crescent Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-16, 07:47 PM  
upperwside

It's the only blog I read. I generally like the same workouts. . And love reading her reviews. She has saved me from buying many workouts. . But also enabled me to buy lot's of other's. I appreciate her saying she needed heavier weights. . Helps me doing Cathe lives to know to up my weights. I've never felt her being braggy at all. She's very honest and genuine. I stalk her blog daily hoping for new reviews .. especially Cathe lives! !
upperwside is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2lazy4thegym