Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-06-16, 10:46 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helen S View Post
I usually wait until Mary includes his DVDs in her big sales. It's usually a $5 discount. I do think you have to wait for his newer workouts to be included in her sales though.
That's right, newest releases are not included into the sales. I wait for Mary's sales too. Btw, she will have a sale at the end of this month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
The DVD is chaptered so you can just hit next.

I did Olajide's new workout this morning (AeroPower Round One - Upper Focus) I really enjoyed it. I used 2lb dumbbells and my arms were aching! I was crying with a few of those exercises. I wanted to scale back and use one pound dumbbells but I persevered.

DH did the workout with me. We alternated the jump rope sections but did all of the upper body moves together. One round I did the jumprope and he did KB swings. The next round he did the jumprope intervals and I did swings. We also alternated the jumprope sections with bodyweight squats, static lunges and plyo moves. The jumprope intervals were tough for me to keep up with Michael.

This one my one of my favs, if not my favorite Olajide workout!
Wow Horusosiris, this sounds awesome! Thanks for the great feedback, and it seems like you and your DH had fun together, I loved the variations added to workout!

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-16, 02:29 PM  
suzannaerin

I might have to cave and get this...
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-16, 02:29 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
The DVD is chaptered so you can just hit next.

I did Olajide's new workout this morning (AeroPower Round One - Upper Focus) I really enjoyed it. I used 2lb dumbbells and my arms were aching! I was crying with a few of those exercises. I wanted to scale back and use one pound dumbbells but I persevered.

DH did the workout with me. We alternated the jump rope sections but did all of the upper body moves together. One round I did the jumprope and he did KB swings. The next round he did the jumprope intervals and I did swings. We also alternated the jumprope sections with bodyweight squats, static lunges and plyo moves. The jumprope intervals were tough for me to keep up with Michael.

This one my one of my favs, if not my favorite Olajide workout!
Thanks for the review. It sounds great and that's awesome that your DH did the workout with you.
Old 03-18-18, 01:19 PM  
Sharaz

You all know I love Michael Olajide

I have ALL of his DVDs releases, except this one I noticed it was released when I did the big move and was out of the loop.

I’m thinking on getting this one on the next Mary’s sale.

Sooner or later, I’m getting back to rope jumping.
Old 03-18-18, 04:50 PM  
wlorrie

I saw on his website that he has a lower body one that is streaming only. Has anyone tried it?
Lorrie
wlorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-18, 05:43 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlorrie View Post
I saw on his website that he has a lower body one that is streaming only. Has anyone tried it?
Lorrie
Yes. I really like this Olajide lower body workout. It alternates rounds of jumprope with lower body exercises. I do some of the jumprope segments on my rebounder.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-18, 06:44 PM  
editstein
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wlorrie View Post
Lorrie
I emailed Mary to know if she will carry it and here her response

"I'm not able to get it - they didn't put that one on DVD only streaming
Mary"

Last edited by editstein; 03-18-18 at 06:46 PM. Reason: got the reply just after i posted
editstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-18, 07:41 PM  
Sharaz

No dvd

At least I can do the workout from my Apt. in a future since there is minimal equipment. Rope, light hadweights and bands. I have the square Manduka to help with the impact.
Old 03-19-18, 06:36 AM  
wlorrie

Quote:
Yes. I really like this Olajide lower body workout. It alternates rounds of jumprope with lower body exercises. I do some of the jumprope segments on my rebounder.
Thank you! I sure do wish this were on DVD. I still might get it.
Lorrie
wlorrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-18, 10:21 AM  
pricek

Quote:
What type of exercises are in the lower body section of this workout? Is there floor work or squats and lunges? Thanks.
pricek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aeropower, aeropower round one, jump rope, michael olajide jr, upper body dvd