Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-02-16, 11:31 AM  
clerkin11

I like him, so I'm definitely interested. I like that it's an interval style workout and I think I can do the jump rope parts on the rebounder.
I find his voice very soothing and I can just get in the zone listening to him.
The light weights don't bother me because he's doing the moves so fast. It seems like boxing with light weights.
For those that like his workouts, what are your favorite dvd's of his?
I'm thinking of ordering his new one plus one other and I'm deciding between Savage & Serene, Aerobox System of Sleek and AeroJump Sculpt.
The only one I currently have is Aerobarre and I really want more boxing.

ETA: On Mary's site, they have each section listed as a chapter, so it seems you could skip the jumping chapters.
clerkin11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-16, 11:52 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

I like Michael. The only workout I have of his is Killer Abs & Back. DH likes that one, too.

I watched the clip. It looks good but I'd have to pass on the jump rope parts. His shoes cracked me up. Are those wings???

POSTURE CHECK!
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-16, 01:04 PM  
marki64

Booorrrring! I couldn't jump rope in my workout area anyway. I need more stimulation than that in my workout time.
marki64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-16, 06:26 PM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clerkin11 View Post
I like him, so I'm definitely interested. I like that it's an interval style workout and I think I can do the jump rope parts on the rebounder.
I find his voice very soothing and I can just get in the zone listening to him.
The light weights don't bother me because he's doing the moves so fast. It seems like boxing with light weights.
For those that like his workouts, what are your favorite dvd's of his?
I'm thinking of ordering his new one plus one other and I'm deciding between Savage & Serene, Aerobox System of Sleek and AeroJump Sculpt.
The only one I currently have is Aerobarre and I really want more boxing.

ETA: On Mary's site, they have each section listed as a chapter, so it seems you could skip the jumping chapters.
I would get Savage and Serene if you are ordering from Mary. If you really want an advanced boxing workout, I would get Aerobox Round 1 from his site. He throws over 3,000 punches in that one.

I'm interested in his new DVD. I agree that he moves fast and does a lot of reps so that it is like boxing with light weights.
Old 03-02-16, 09:40 PM  
OSusanna

It looks like the jump rope sections are around 2 minutes each? If that is so, then I will definitely be adding this one in because in AeroJump, the jump rope section are 3-4 minutes and they are too long for me at the moment. I love jump rope.
OSusanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-16, 10:32 PM  
primrosecat

Whoa~$25 for a 45 min w/o? To me that is steep. Maybe it is worth it? But for me gone are the days when I paid $50 for a Firm w/o. If it is a 'must have' please enlighten me why.
primrosecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-16, 12:18 AM  
AsSweetAsSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by primrosecat View Post
Whoa~$25 for a 45 min w/o? To me that is steep. Maybe it is worth it? But for me gone are the days when I paid $50 for a Firm w/o. If it is a 'must have' please enlighten me why.
I thought the same! I'm glad I'm not alone, plus I'm in Canada so it ends being even more expensive to me, I do like the look of the workout though, and I love Michael, but I'm tired of the $20 + for one single workout

LMP - Grad/Aug 13 * TheRack - Grad/Nov 13 * PowerFit H - Grad/Jan 14 * FIF: SB - Grad/ Feb 14 * Cage/Box/KB 6WR - Comp/Mar 14 * Ugi/Kb/Pilates 6WR - Comp/May 14 * ThunderBell - Comp/Sep 14 * Obsidian - Comp/Jan 15 * JNL - DO/Sept 15 * D2S - Grad/Feb 16 * KbKb/TBS - Grad/Jun 16 * FusionMixx - Com/Aug 16 * F8F - Grad/Oct 16

Sonríe a la vida y ella te sonreíra siempre!
AsSweetAsSugar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-16, 11:01 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

I usually wait until Mary includes his DVDs in her big sales. It's usually a $5 discount. I do think you have to wait for his newer workouts to be included in her sales though.
Old 03-04-16, 11:15 AM  
Aunt Famous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I watched the clip. It looks good but I'd have to pass on the jump rope parts. His shoes cracked me up. Are those wings???
I dig the shoes. If you want your own set of wings to thread through your shoe laces, google Shwings. My daughter has some, and I must say, they are pretty fly. (Hey-O!)

AF

Check out my blog at www.typeALC.com
Aunt Famous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-16, 09:22 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcatfan View Post
Does anyone know if you can skip over or otherwise avoid the jump rope sections?
The DVD is chaptered so you can just hit next.

I did Olajide's new workout this morning (AeroPower Round One - Upper Focus) I really enjoyed it. I used 2lb dumbbells and my arms were aching! I was crying with a few of those exercises. I wanted to scale back and use one pound dumbbells but I persevered.

DH did the workout with me. We alternated the jump rope sections but did all of the upper body moves together. One round I did the jumprope and he did KB swings. The next round he did the jumprope intervals and I did swings. We also alternated the jumprope sections with bodyweight squats, static lunges and plyo moves. The jumprope intervals were tough for me to keep up with Michael.

This one my one of my favs, if not my favorite Olajide workout!
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aeropower, aeropower round one, jump rope, michael olajide jr, upper body dvd