Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-11-15, 09:50 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Body Beast results for older folks?

I've been on the fence about getting Body Beast for awhile, but the price is so good it's very tempting. However, I'm wondering if any 'older' VFers (over 45 or so) have tried it and what kind of results did they get. I know everyone is different, etc. but I'm trying to get a general idea. TIA!
wishiwasinhawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-15, 09:58 AM  
MARIKA

I got excellent results and just turned 50!! I just started my second rotation yesterday. There's nothing like being stronger and older. I just focus on the fact that I am able to workout like this. Remember Strong is the new Skinny!
Old 08-11-15, 10:35 AM  
laurajhawk

I'm 51 and have never done a full rotation, but I'm in week 2 of my second three-week mini-rotation. (I did 3 weeks last year, then got injured - not due to Body Beast, I don't think. Now I am doing a rotation scheme that involves 3-week mini-rotations.) In both cases I added muscle visibly on my upper body, and normally I don't see results that quickly, so I am impressed!

"Don't say 'I can't' ... say 'I presently suck at this thing.'" - Matt Meese, BYU Divine Comedy
laurajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-15, 11:37 AM  
Erica H.

I'll be 48 next month and I love Body Beast. I use my set all the time.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-15, 11:57 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

I'm now 51, did a full 12-week rotation and a modified 8-week rotation, gained lots of strength and mass, mostly upper body. GREAT program for any age if you like heavy lifting.
Old 08-11-15, 12:21 PM  
momofcha

In a group I'm in there are MANY people 50+ with fantastic physiques. I wouldn't see how age would be a factor playing into no results? If you do the workout and lift heavy enough, as well as eat right you can't help but get results.

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-15, 02:43 PM  
CatInTheHat

I'm 42...I did it, and while I liked the workouts I'm generally not a fan. I got stronger, but lost a ton of aerobic capacity. I was huffing and puffing just to go back to a Firm video. I got big and bulky too, so not really the look I was going for.
CatInTheHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-15, 04:34 PM  
seww

I'm doing a BB rotation right now and enjoying it quite a bit! I'm 56 and had had strength gains in 2 weeks so far. My body responds well to lifting heavy weight and get nicely lean. I am adding in extra walking and cardio every day and haven't had any decrease in aerobic capacity.
Sue
seww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-15, 10:38 AM  
CatInTheHat

Quote:
Originally Posted by seww View Post
I'm doing a BB rotation right now and enjoying it quite a bit! I'm 56 and had had strength gains in 2 weeks so far. My body responds well to lifting heavy weight and get nicely lean. I am adding in extra walking and cardio every day and haven't had any decrease in aerobic capacity.
Sue
Doing a rotation probably gives you the downtime to squeeze in the cardio which is probably the better way to go. I did the program as it was in the packet and I was too beat to do any other exercise since BB is everyday.

And their cardio video. Ugh.
CatInTheHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-15, 10:59 AM  
Vintage VFer
VF Supporter

My DH is in his early 50's and actually lost muscle doing a Body Beast rotation. He does great with P90X and Cathe, so I'm not sure what happened.
Vintage VFer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
body beast