Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 02-24-15, 10:51 AM  
MARIKA

Did you do Beast as is?

Did you add more cardio? Lower bod? Not sure if I should keep going as is or add something more.
Old 02-24-15, 12:45 PM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

I have a week to go in my Beast Lean rotation. Here's what I change:

- I don't add more cardio days but do replace the weekly Beast Cardio workout with a cardio of my choice (steady state, interval or HiiT depending on my mood) that is usually in the 45-60 minute range instead of Beast Cardio's 30 minutes.

- On leg days when I feel energetic, I add some gliding disc work from Cathe; the segments I like are from STS Total Body, High Reps and Lower Body Blast. I add anywhere from one segment to all three. I am almost always spent after Build Legs but sometimes have the motivation/strength after Bulk Legs.

- This past week or so I started adding a couple of minutes of forearm and wrist strengthening work on alternate days, to help heave those heavy dumbbells.

- I also add abs most days; but I'm one of those people that does abs with every workout.

- I add stretching after most workouts, mostly any Cathe stretch of 5-8 minutes, occasionally Slim & Limber. On some off days I do a longer stretch, anywhere from 15-60 minutes.

- I always add a Cathe warmup to the Legs workouts and sometimes to the other ones if I am stiff or don't think Sagi's short warmup is enough to get my blood flowing that day.

Are you feeling like you could do more? I approached Beast thinking the workouts were short enough that I'd do some add-ons but I am usually hitting failure and HUNGRY after finishing the day's workout, so don't want to do more.
Old 02-24-15, 02:03 PM  
MARIKA

Thanks Allison! I feel like I should do more but really don't want to I might just add in some more lower bod fw like I usually do. Even though I'm in Florida its still a bit chill so once it gets warmer I will do my Tabata Sprints.
Old 02-24-15, 03:05 PM  
shoegoddess

I did the lean rotation. I did 2 days of my own cardio mostly Turbofire. I also added in lower body barre work 3 timed a week.. Short stuff like the lower body section in Lean and Chiseled or Cardio Vusion. I couldn't face 2 weighted leg days.

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-15, 06:10 PM  
buffmama

I didn't do the Lean rotation and missed cardio so I added some in on the days the workouts were shorter. I also added in 5-10 min of ab work sometimes. I just did what felt good at the time.
buffmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-15, 12:23 AM  
MARIKA

I'm really liking this back to basics style of workouts. I do some added floorwork but the workouts feel great. I do jump om my rebounder in between sets so it helps pass the time. Its so funny how impatient we get with these nonstop balls to the walls typical insane workouts that have taken over.
Old 02-27-15, 08:16 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIKA View Post
I'm really liking this back to basics style of workouts. I do some added floorwork but the workouts feel great. I do jump om my rebounder in between sets so it helps pass the time. Its so funny how impatient we get with these nonstop balls to the walls typical insane workouts that have taken over.
True! After the first week, I started enjoying the time between sets and Sagi's chatting. I drank my water, wrote down my weights and got myself psyched for the next set.

Have you done any Bulk workouts yet? Those move a bit faster, especially his force sets and progression sets. You still have some down time but there's more weights set-up to do.
Old 02-27-15, 10:16 AM  
MARIKA

No Allison, I haven't done any Bulk ones yet. Funny because I think they would be slower and Tempo would be fast.

Tags
body beast, modifying body beast