Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-16-15, 10:20 AM  
Yelly

Sufferfest Videos 20% off

Sufferfest Videos, Bundles, and Training Plans are all 20% off right now, using the code: BASEISDEAD
http://www.thesufferfest.com/trainin...aining-videos/

I don't have any of their videos - which ones are your must-haves? Thanks!
Yelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-15, 12:51 PM  
DeepSeaSue

I was just coming here to post this

My must-have Sufferfest is "It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time". It's really long but it works well in shorter blocks (ie. there's a natural "ending point" after 30 minutes, 40 minutes, etc) and it has a bit of everything--plus the humour and the awesome music that The Sufferfest is known for. I also love Violator. It's mostly sprints but has awesome scenery and music. (I've reviewed most of The Sufferfest rides on my blog if you want more details.)
DeepSeaSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-15, 01:08 PM  
marmact

Sufferfest rocks.

I just wanted to mention that it looks like they also have a Roku channel. I wonder if that means they plan to put up a lot more content? Hopefully someone will subscribe.
Old 02-16-15, 02:38 PM  
Yelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepSeaSue View Post
I was just coming here to post this

My must-have Sufferfest is "It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time". It's really long but it works well in shorter blocks (ie. there's a natural "ending point" after 30 minutes, 40 minutes, etc) and it has a bit of everything--plus the humour and the awesome music that The Sufferfest is known for. I also love Violator. It's mostly sprints but has awesome scenery and music. (I've reviewed most of The Sufferfest rides on my blog if you want more details.)
Ha ha - how funny!
I read your reviews for these 2 on your blog, and they sound great! Thanks for the recs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmact View Post
Sufferfest rocks.

I just wanted to mention that it looks like they also have a Roku channel. I wonder if that means they plan to put up a lot more content? Hopefully someone will subscribe.
Sufferfest, just going by their obvious sense of humor, seems like my kind of workout!
I noticed the Roku thing too. I don't have a Roku, but if I did I would gladly be the guinea pig to test it out. I wonder how much their subscription is, and what comes with it?
Old 02-16-15, 06:33 PM  
Lisa C
VF Supporter

Streaming is $10 a month. It gives you access too all their workouts, except sometimes the newest workout takes a while to get there. They are planning on adding one new workout every 3 months (quarter).

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/suff...917325169?mt=8

Sufferfest workouts are my favorite right now. I cannot bring myself to do Spinervals anymore. The music is great and choreographed to the workout. There is a story and fun footage to watch while riding. The newer videos are beautiful.

It is hard to pick favorites, but I think my favorites are Revolver, Violator and Nine Hammers. But honestly, I like all that I have tried. I still have a few holes in my collection, so I'm going to try to take advantage of this sale.

I have one of their treadmill workouts and it is great also.

Sufferfest!
Old 02-16-15, 06:34 PM  
Lisa C
VF Supporter

So, I just spent enough money to save $13. I got the 2 running workouts I don't have and 3.5 of the cycling videos (one is super short - Extra Shot). I think the only 2 that I don't have now are Rubber Glove, and There is No Try.

If you are set up for doing downloaded workouts, these are a great deal. About $10 a workout with the sale.
Old 02-16-15, 06:50 PM  
Yelly

Thanks Lisa! That was very helpful. I will give it a try for $10/month!

So, in order to do their streaming, do I have to stream from a Roku or their app? Or do they have a place on their website that I can sign up and stream from?

I guess I could just hook my iphone to the tv with an hdmi - that would work
I'm debating about getting either a Roku or an Apple TV but can't make up my mind.
Old 02-18-15, 11:03 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

Im thinking about signing up. Is it as good as SSOD?

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-15, 07:07 PM  
Lisa C
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yelly View Post
So, in order to do their streaming, do I have to stream from a Roku or their app? Or do they have a place on their website that I can sign up and stream from?

I guess I could just hook my iphone to the tv with an hdmi - that would work
I'm debating about getting either a Roku or an Apple TV but can't make up my mind.

I don't do the streaming, I've been buying the individual workouts. But I am pretty sure that you do need the app or a Roku. They don't even mention streaming anywhere on the main website.

You can hook up your iPhone to your TV thru an HDMI cable, but you need to have a converter. I bought mine from Apple. That is how I play Cathe Live workouts.
Old 02-18-15, 07:09 PM  
Lisa C
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by macska View Post
Im thinking about signing up. Is it as good as SSOD?
I only did the free trial of SSOD, so can't completely compare. I prefer the Sufferfest workouts personally, but it might be just because I didn't love the instructors I tried on SSOD.

There won't be as much variety with Sufferfest, but it is only $10. You could try for a month and see if you like it.

Tags
sufferfest