Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-03-14, 09:32 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Convince me to keep my Fluidity Bar

I had to move the mats in my home gym to do bear crawls today and the fluidity bar was in the way. So I was thinking of getting rid of it because I NEVER use it. Well I do use it to drape a yoga mat, exercise bands, my towel etc. on it but not for anything else. I was keeping it to do stretches (I do not do barre workouts) but now that forward bends are pretty much off limits for me I am not even using it for that.
I moved the bar to the other side of the basement and my workout area looks so much less cluttered. So...is there a reason why I should keep it? If not, I have to figure out how to get rid of it.
lreidgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-14, 10:00 PM  
TinaT

I owned one for years. I did use it at first, but then I found a chair does just about everything I need in the realm barre workouts. I believe they still fetch a pretty penny, so you could re-coop most of your money. I sold mine on Craigslist within 24 hrs.
TinaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-14, 10:05 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

You should let it go....sell it on craigslist. You never use it and there is some closet vidiot who has never heard of VF, trolling CL desperate for a Fluidity Barre who believe it will complete them. Let them have it for a fair price.

(I just went through all of belongings...not counting my fitness stuff...with that principle. The only thing I miss is one book. For everything I have let go of, if one book is all I need back...everything I let to of needed to go...)
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-14, 10:38 PM  
kmissa

Quote:
Originally Posted by lreidgreen View Post
I had to move the mats in my home gym to do bear crawls today and the fluidity bar was in the way. So I was thinking of getting rid of it because I NEVER use it. Well I do use it to drape a yoga mat, exercise bands, my towel etc. on it but not for anything else. I was keeping it to do stretches (I do not do barre workouts) but now that forward bends are pretty much off limits for me I am not even using it for that.
I moved the bar to the other side of the basement and my workout area looks so much less cluttered. So...is there a reason why I should keep it? If not, I have to figure out how to get rid of it.
Get rid of it if you're not using it. They're easy to come by on craigslist. I'm on my second one and I never use it (again)lol. I still had two for less than $100 total.
kmissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-14, 11:20 PM  
JackieB
VF Supporter

Well I use mine. I did buy it for a song on CL. I say if you don't use yours, though, get rid of it. Simplicity, man.

Certified Essentrics Instructor, Level 4---February 2017
Yoga Tune Up Roll Model Method Practitioner---December 2021

"Movement is a privilege. You don't have to exercise. You get to exercise. Visit a person whose mobility is severely limited, and you'll appreciate the distinction. Do what you can, count yourself lucky, heal yourself in the process." Essentrics Colorado
JackieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-14, 11:32 PM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinaT View Post
I owned one for years. I did use it at first, but then I found a chair does just about everything I need in the realm barre workouts. I believe they still fetch a pretty penny, so you could re-coop most of your money. I sold mine on Craigslist within 24 hrs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond.omega View Post
You should let it go....sell it on craigslist. You never use it and there is some closet vidiot who has never heard of VF, trolling CL desperate for a Fluidity Barre who believe it will complete them. Let them have it for a fair price.

(I just went through all of belongings...not counting my fitness stuff...with that principle. The only thing I miss is one book. For everything I have let go of, if one book is all I need back...everything I let to of needed to go...)
Well I think a chair can do what the Fluidity bar does for me-I can hang a mat, towel and a few bands on it. Beyond Omega, years ago I thought the Fluidity Bar would be "it" for me as well.
I have been getting rid of a lot of things lately so I might as well get rid of the bar as well. I got it through Craigslist but I might try to list it on my local Facebook Buy, Sell Trade.

Thanks for the tough love ladies!
Old 10-04-14, 12:12 AM  
Jane P.
VF Supporter

I suppose you could use it as a drying rack for things you don't want to throw in the dryer
Old 10-04-14, 01:08 AM  
lreidgreen
VF Supporter

As I mentioned before it does make a handy rack for hanging some of my essentials. It is too large to fit in my laundry room however. Meanwhile I just listed it on Craigslist.

When it is time to get rid of my BOSU I will post here for encouragement. In January I vowed that if I have not used it by the end of the year I was going to get rid of it in Jan 2015. So it looks like it will be going the way of the Fluidity bar.
Old 10-04-14, 06:37 AM  
Demeris

I bought my Fluidity Bar for full price 8 years ago, and I use it 4/5Xs a week.

That said, I posted my Malibu Pilates Chair to craigslist and had 7 takers in less than an hour. I sold it to the first one who responded, an older man who wanted to surprise his wife [who had been longing for one loudly].
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-14, 07:08 AM  
marmact

I have one to sell, too. How much do folks ask for them? (Mine's in great condition, but don't have the workouts.)