Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-14, 04:46 PM  
kimzwirez

Awesome luck on exchange!!

I can't believe the good luck I had on the video exchange this week! I've been unemployed (factory closed) for almost a year. I wanted DDP Yoga SO BAD!!! But I didn't know how to pay for it. I looked thru my videos and found that I had a Skogg system that I used 1 or 2 times and just wasn't motivated to use regularly. On a long shot, I offered it in a trade for DDP Yoga and GOT A REPLY within 24 hours. The super-nice person who exchanged with me sent the system to me the next day and now I have it in my chubby little hands. Happy dance!!! Aren't videofitness people just the BEST??
kimzwirez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-14, 04:57 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

the exchange is really awesome. i had a recent excellent transaction, and both of us walked away happy. CS & Essentrics for Yoga in the garden of serenity and Beachbody total body solution. also, i traded for a hip hop abs dance party disc that NEVER goes on sale.

i'm not just saying that because i'm an exchange mod - i don't trade as much as some people do (mostly because i'm a hoarder!!! but that's another thread), but really, it is great.

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-14, 05:00 PM  
A-Bot
VF Supporter

It's beyond great!!!! I find treasure there and feel like its my birthday every time I make a trade You all are the best!
Old 07-25-14, 05:00 PM  
fitmommy

That is really exciting!! It's so great to get something you want, someone else gets something they want--I should go see what I have, and get an exchange list hmmm...
fitmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-14, 05:22 PM  
sillygirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimzwirez View Post
...and now I have it in my chubby little hands.
Too funny! Congrats!!
sillygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-14, 05:49 PM  
Sarah-lara
VF Supporter

I've had so many experiences like that on the exchange. Yay for trading!
Old 07-25-14, 07:28 PM  
bzar
Exchange Moderator

also, with the family, when they say "mom, did you BUY something AGAIN?" i can say "no, i traded with someone."

Miyagi: Wax on, right hand. Wax off, left hand. Wax on, wax off. Breathe in through nose, out the mouth. Wax on, wax off. Don't forget to breathe, very important.
[walks away, still making circular motions with hands] ~ Pat Morita, The Karate Kid, 1984

disclosure: in the years 2002-2004 i had a professional relationship with a distributor of fitness videos; see profile.
bzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-14, 08:05 PM  
MomOf2Gremlins

Quote:
Originally Posted by bzar View Post
also, with the family, when they say "mom, did you BUY something AGAIN?" i can say "no, i traded with someone."
LOL, I agree!

I seriously love trading with other VFers too and have had the best experiences! Right now I've stepped onto the Joyce Vedral love train and found many VFers who're willing to trade with me, so I actually do feel like a kid at Christmas!

"Change what you can. Accept what you can't. Live peacefully with all that's left."

MomOf2Gremlins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-14, 09:12 PM  
Jennifer R
VF Supporter

I just had a really great trade, a vintage G-force VHS that I can no longer use for a Jessica Smith DVD.

"I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused"--Elvis Costello
Jennifer R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-14, 02:27 AM  
topfitmama

I love trading and swapping. It makes so much more sense than running out and buying something new every time. Like others have said already, it's no less exciting than getting a new DVD, and I get to feel virtuous about it.
topfitmama is offline   Reply With Quote