Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-18, 07:41 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage vfer View Post
i'm sure rodney and gilad would be devastated to know that women find them attractive!
:d
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-18, 08:17 AM  
Demeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
I'm sure Rodney and Gilad would be devastated to know that women find them attractive!
In the past, I've had naughty thoughts about Brian Kest, too. I might have to pull up all my old posts and scrub them.
Demeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-18, 12:48 PM  
jcmclean

Rodney Yee would be very interested to know that. He's been accused of sexual harassment in the past.
jcmclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-18, 03:16 PM  
LeslieM
VF Supporter

Tilak Pyle is a cutie too!
Old 08-03-18, 04:13 PM  
alisoncooks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demeris View Post
In the past, I've had naughty thoughts about Brian Kest, too. I might have to pull up all my old posts and scrub them.
I think the difference is: no one here is crude like that! I think it's possible to comment that someone is attractive without objectifying them/reducing their worth *only* to being attractive.

Gilad is a nice-looking man...but he's also a great/capable instructor. I think that's where those nasty commentors go wrong. (Other than the obvious: they are crude in their praise.)
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-18, 04:49 PM  
cataddict
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmclean View Post
Well, many women here comment on the looks of male instructors and participants in the workout videos.
True, but as has been mentioned before people actually are interested in the workouts, both purchasing and actually doing them, not based just the looks of the instructor. Truly most if not all of the instructors are at least pleasant to look at, male and female.

Watula, Cheeto, Charli, Lux, Merlin, Rudy, Finley the Cat, Hobbes, Winston, and Finley the Dog Fan Girl!

Word of 2024: Patience
cataddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-18, 07:15 PM  
keilan00

Unfortunately there is an entire forum of guys like this. It's a spandex fetish website where they comment on women instructors and share photos and video downloads.
keilan00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-18, 08:14 AM  
DejaDeb

I reported it as well -- I can't believe it's still up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage VFer View Post
When I looked at it yesterday, 3 people had found that review "Helpful." I looked today and now 4 people have found it helpful. I can only assume that someone from VF found it helpful.
LOL! Well, maybe that's why it's still up!
Old 08-10-18, 09:23 AM  
hch
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaDeb View Post
I reported it as well -- I can't believe it's still up.

[snip]

LOL! Well, maybe that's why it's still up!
I don't really know why it's still there, but I wasn't too astonished. The review is from 2006, enough people would've found it offensive in 2006, and the page has surely been read enough times in the past decade. I'm sure that the recent reports haven't been the first reports, and maybe even this campaign to remove it hasn't been the first campaign. Even so, that review remains.

A speculation of mine is possibly that policy may allow for different "viewpoints" in the reviews, if the viewpoints comply with site guidelines and the like--even if the viewpoint was unintended by the work's creator and even if many people object to the viewpoint. (I'm reminded of the all those "funny" reviews of the "Three Wolf Moon" shirt.)
"It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in the joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."

The Velveteen Rabbit
hch is offline   Reply With Quote