Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-17, 08:34 AM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy75 View Post
Hey ladies - wondering if you think this set is appropriate for a 12 year old athlete? My son had so much fun at functional fitness classes at his hockey camp that he wants more! Our schedules are so hectic (and the classes are so expensive) that I wondered if something like this would be short enough to keep his interest -- and safe for his age group. I was thinking since they are so short, I could do these with him in the evenings as an add on for me (I usually work out at noon at office gym). That way I could offer guidance and be sure he's using decent form and appropriate weights
Yes, I think that he should be able to do the program without any problems. The cardio and core workouts should be fine and most of the resistance workout moves can be done with resistance bands, light dumbbells or body weight. I love this program because you get so much accomplished in 22 minutes.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-17, 09:12 AM  
jazzy75

Thanks for confirming that. I figured there would be decent band and bodyweight options. And with the length - it would hopefully keep his interest as a quick evening activity for us. Just saw a deal on the base kit so think I will order
Old 11-08-17, 09:24 AM  
jcmclean

I am in week 5 of 22 minute hard corp and like it a lot. I wouldn't bother with the bands. Light dumbbells (15 lb for a 12 year old) is all you need. A 20 lb sand bag is used a lot but not necessary. I like using a medicine ball.
I am considering getting it for my son to improve his physical fitness for the military. With the core workout or cold start (very good) you can really get it done in 30 minutes.
jcmclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-17, 10:37 AM  
jazzy75

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmclean View Post
I am in week 5 of 22 minute hard corp and like it a lot. I wouldn't bother with the bands. Light dumbbells (15 lb for a 12 year old) is all you need. A 20 lb sand bag is used a lot but not necessary. I like using a medicine ball.
I am considering getting it for my son to improve his physical fitness for the military. With the core workout or cold start (very good) you can really get it done in 30 minutes.
Wonderful to hear how much are you liking it. So you are doing the full rotation as is?
Old 11-08-17, 05:46 PM  
jcmclean

I'm doing it 4 days a week for a 12 week rotation (it's a little hard on my old body) with 2 gym days and 1 rest day. I also have the special ops workouts that add variety. After that's finished I use it in hybrid programs.
jcmclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-17, 09:52 PM  
shoegoddess

I've got this for sale on VF Roast on Facebook

I'm not a typical grandma!

Body by Cathe, Chalene and Dr. Niccole
-Me

A woman is like a tea bag. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water
-Eleanor Roosevelt

Well-behaved women seldom make history
-Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Women are Angels
And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly....on a broomstick...we are flexible like that
-White Witch

Gotta love Maxine:
http://forum.videofitness.com/pictur...&pictureid=230
shoegoddess is offline   Reply With Quote