Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-20, 09:26 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did a live mini stretch from Essentrics FB page, an arm workout with the resistance band from PBL and a 53 minute walk. I didn't sleep well last night and I'm dragging today, so probably an outdoor walk will be it for me. We're actually supposed to hit 70 degrees today so that will be nice.

TERRI, I don't have a fitbit but that does sound like something that would make me very happy too.

NORA, you did a lot of walking but ugh on the snow tires.

Waves to all. Have a great day.
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-20, 12:47 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

I went out and raked leaves this morning, and bagged them up -- definitely counts as a workout. I've also done 51 minutes on the treadmill.
My fitbit isn't syncing like it used to, I have to open the app and then it'll sync, where before it just did it when I got close to the computer. At least it will sync now.

hi to everybody

If the only prayer you say in your life is Thank You, that would suffice.
Meister Eckhart

It is our resistance to things as they are that causes most unhappiness.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no
reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself. Tecumseh
glavtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-20, 05:03 PM  
patchworkpenguin

Sunday we worked in the yard again, creating Mt Brushmore II.

Yesterday we got new phones the 12 came out so they dropped the prices on the older phones so we exchanged our 6's for 11's. That's been fun trying to get used too. Everything seems different.

Today I had some free time while Hubby did other things so I did Gymra's 30m Barre Glutes workout, this was a lot of leglifts and lunges. Followed by Walk at Home's 1m Walk Party bonus burn week 6.

SB, I never liked kb swings either, I felt like I was always doing them wrong and that's when the 'bell' would go though the window. I saw a Meme today that talked about 'turning on the heat, turning it off and opening the windows, closing windows and turning on AC, turning off AC and turning the heat back on" all in one day .

Terri, I feel like I'm always wearing the wrong things these days. I wore jeans then it got up to 80 and I was hot!!! today i wore a light sweater {more of a long sleeve T weight} and was hot when the AC wasn't on but cold when it was. Gah! I'm always ridiculously happy when I get something to work correctly. I did some raking this morning also.

Nora, my circuit is though the LR, DR, Kitchen, sewing room, hall and back to the LR and is 30 steps. I get dizzy and quit before much happens.

"An exercise in futility still counts as exercise!"

"There's a pattern to the randomness!" ~ Artie ~ Warehouse 13

"Weakness is hard, but weakness doesn't have to mean defeat!" ~ Lysa TerKeurst

"That's the only break you get, so I hope you enjoyed it" ~~Cathe, STS, Meso 2

patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-20, 08:48 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday was a 54 minute walk in the afternoon and that was it. It was a nice balmy afternoon though. I am planning another walk today and maybe some weight work.

TERRI, raking is definitely a workout. I wonder if it's time for a new fitbit? I read that they stop working after awhile and you need to get a new model? I could be wrong about that though. I hope I am for your sake.

PENGUIN, sounds like you've been busy. Going from an iphone 6 to 11 must be a very big adjustment!

Waves to all. Have a great day!

Old 10-21-20, 03:29 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

SB, I read on the fitbit site that they die after so many years, and this one is old. I found out how to reset it, though, and it's syncing now. It was always counting steps, sleep, calories, floors climbed, but it wouldn't sync, and the time was wrong. The main reason I wanted to get on the site though was so record the yard work. Finally got to do that, but it screwed with my daily total and I ended up with about 400 less calories burned than on a regular day.

Penguin, I had enough trouble just figuring out a plain old smart phone - staying away from anything fancy

My after dinner walk last night was "Walk & Run" with Nick and Rocky -- she did the 2 "run" segments, which did have some running in place along with other faster paced moves. I'd actually like to do a longer version of it sometime.

This morning I did a Jessica Smith Walk & Talk, appreciate you body (some title like that). The talking was better than the walking, as she seemed to forget to change up her moves, she was so in to the talk. I changed a lot on my own, so it was ok, but I'd never pick it again. I've been on the treadmill a couple of times too.

Meister Eckhart

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your
Old 10-21-20, 05:55 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, it seems everything is different or done differently on our phones but we are getting there! Every time one of us learns something new we can't wait to text/tell the other. The only thing that really bummed me out what during the data transfer my recipe app doesn't exist anymore so I lost all my recipes and ratings. not a big deal but rather annoying. I'd rather lose that than all my pictures! Sometimes starting over means clearing out all the junk you don't use but don't want to get rid of.

Terri, I'm glad to hear you got the FB sync'ed. I did yesterdays workouts with my phone/step counter charging on the couch so I was mad i didn't get the full steps. Hubby and I have a little competition running, no prizes, just bragging rights. Now that he's got a desk job I usually win since he's not pulling the 16,000 work days anymore. I used to listen to a podcast when the instructor would play music with lyrics, talk and try to lead the workout. Most times I couldn't understand her or what I was supposed to be doing. I didn't do many of those.

My parents surprised me with my first cellphone. I was less than gracious, not wanting to be bothered to learn something new or have to carry this thing around, but I wanted to be able to text my Hubby. {I had made a comment to my dad about his texting Hubby while he was at work}. My phone was on their plan so now the roles are getting reversed. Mom doesn't use her cellphone anymore {its actually my old texting phone} and Dad wants a phone but doesn't want to get a new contract, so we are going to add a line to ours. My theory is I carry this stupid thing around with me wherever I go I might as well use it to its full potential!

Today's LIC workout was a bit of a mixed bag. I started with Katie Austin's LI cardio. We started out great, if not a little slow, but the second half of the workout was floorwork so I moved on.

MrandMrsMuscle's LIC Number 14. Four rounds of Hiit like cardio. Not bad but by round 4 I was sick of it.

Fitness Type's LI Pyramid HIIT Cardio. 3 rounds of 8 exercises preformed for 60, 45, 30 seconds each round.

Old 10-22-20, 08:57 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all!!

Yesterday I did a strength routine from Pahla B's youtube channel, a seated ab workout from Fabulous 50s on youtube and a 53 minute afternoon walk. Oh and a little house walking after dinner, not much though. I am planning a walk today and maybe a PBL since my subscription is up today or tomorrow.

The 2 youtube workouts were a little gentler than I'm used to with KCM or SS but they were nice. I may try these instructors again sometime. Actually I think I have done a couple of short routines from Fabulous 50s before.

TERRI, I'm glad the fitbit is syncing again.
That's a little frustrating getting a lower calorie burn than normal.

PENGUIN, too bad you lost your saved recipes with the phone transfer. Frustrating. But most things with technology can be frustrating. During one of my youtube workouts yesterday all of a sudden the screen went blank in the middle of the workout even though the audio was still there. The workout was almost over so I just finished it watching on my chromebook since I had that plugged into the tv. Not sure what that was all about.

Waves to all. Have a good one!
Old 10-22-20, 03:13 PM  
glavtx
VF Supporter

Penguin, I've forgotten to put my fitbit back on, and left it charging a couple of times, and even though I know it doesn't matter to my body, it does bother me.
All I use my phone for is calls, texts, and ordering waitr or uber or lyft. I have taken a few pictures, but not a lot.

SB, I only seem to do gentle workouts these days. I remember how much I used to enjoy hard workouts, but when workout time comes, I just don't feel like doing them. Maybe someday.

I did a different version of the Walk Party after dinner last night, this one had Nick's wife in it, too. It was good, even though the cat got in the way and almost got side-stepped on. I've used the treadmill a few times, and did part of a Team Body Project that was actually pretty fun. I'm going to try and get myself to do the whole thing when I get on the t.v. instead of the laptop.

Hi to everybody!

Meister Eckhart

Old 10-22-20, 06:06 PM  
patchworkpenguin

SB, they like to throw commercials in the middle of the workouts. I keep thinking the power has gone off when the TV goes black, then getting mad, then the commercials start. You can usually skip them after a few seconds but if you skip too many YT makes you watch them! Glad you liked the YT workouts

Terri, I haven't seen the Nick with the cat! Was this filmed in his home? I saw one of those but can't find any more. I like BodyProject, they have good cardio and well as weights {if my shoulder will every let me do those again}

So used my new step ladder for my last barre workout and liked it. It comes up to about my solar plexus and is nice to rest on. and locks in place. It can also be used as a step ladder! My shoulder is doing better, I've been able to knit and crochet without pain for the past few days. yay!

Today i did one of the longest workouts I've done in years! It started with a LB Barre workout from Workout Hotel, a lot of standing on one leg with leglifts. The second was BodyBarre's Isometric Pile. Most of the workout was done Releve {at least the instructors did, I was flat foot for the whole middle section, some thing to work towards}

I did cardio next, AfriFitness' HIIT workout. I feel this one was slightly misnamed, Rachel was teaching us a routine, which I kept forgetting what came next and, it was high impact so I had to modify. Lastly, I did her Morning Dance workout, this was more HIIT with weights, but it was really fun! I added her to my fun workout list.

Old 10-23-20, 08:35 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

Hi all !!

Yesterday I did core and more from PBL and then a 54 minute afternoon walk. I'll check today but I think my PBL subscription is done for now. I'll think about re-subscribing if a BL sale is available. I am planning a walk today and maybe some weights?
The weather has been cloudy and muggy but no rain so I've been able to walk outdoors.

TERRI, I don't do hard workouts either, but KCM and SS feel hard to me . I gravitate towards gentle too but sometimes I feel like I should push myself. Left to my own devices I would lay down and do Winsor B&T everyday. Not that there's anything wrong with that... lol

PENGUIN, it sounds like you hit a good workout day. The step ladder seems to have been a good purchase! The blank screen definitely wasn't an ad. I've seen those many times on YT. The screen stayed blank for the remainder of the workout which was about 5 minutes. The workout was still fine on my chromebook which was plugged into the tv so it must have been some glitch with the tv I guess. Frustrating nontheless.

Waves to all. Have a good one!