Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-12-13, 10:45 AM  
Sophie

Any of them will work if you just use a segment or chapter as an add-on to your main workout. If you want to be on the floor, you could just FF Fusion Mix till they get to that hellacious combo on the mat.

ANY tonique can be done in chapters. I recently downloaded the Tonique express sculpts which are 17 and 23 minutes long. Haven't tried them yet, but based on her other stuff (I have all her previous material) I'm certain you'll get a lot of bang for your buck.

Neither of the above, however, would ever count as easy

be as relaxed as you can be, as you do what you gotta do.

~erich schiffman
Sophie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-13, 12:08 PM  
m42

Also Ballet Body lower body. I got beautiful definition with that one. Callanetics works faster though.
m42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-13, 01:02 PM  
LeanneM

For those who use Callanetics, is there a particular DVD you'd recommend? I have the original one, but have only done it once or twice. TIA!
LeanneM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-13, 03:16 PM  
beyond.omega
VF Supporter

For inner thighs, the legwork in the original Callanetics DVD would do it, but the stretches that the do in the original Callanetics aren't the safest (although they are ok, if you are ok with them.) Finish with the inner tight squeeze (which is near the end of the DVD) but you can do it lying down with a ball or Pilates ring between your knees instead of sitting with your feet against the legs of a chair.

If you could, I would get the Callanetics Evolution DVD to get the Callanetics Concepts at least, and maybe do the leg segment in that (although I can't remember what it is off the top of my head, and I haven't watched it in a while.)
beyond.omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-13, 05:32 PM  
LeanneM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond.omega View Post
For inner thighs, the legwork in the original Callanetics DVD would do it, but the stretches that the do in the original Callanetics aren't the safest (although they are ok, if you are ok with them.) Finish with the inner tight squeeze (which is near the end of the DVD) but you can do it lying down with a ball or Pilates ring between your knees instead of sitting with your feet against the legs of a chair.

If you could, I would get the Callanetics Evolution DVD to get the Callanetics Concepts at least, and maybe do the leg segment in that (although I can't remember what it is off the top of my head, and I haven't watched it in a while.)
Thanks, beyond.omega! That helps a lot!
Old 10-12-13, 06:07 PM  
Scbayless

I agree on TA pp2. It is a solid work out no matter where you are and has some great thigh moves. Other then that I would say unless you start at TA year 3 she ignores inner thighs. Year 3 she does work them though it seems.

I also would say just buckle down and do tonique lunges. They are hard but will work. Get premier and just work through the lunges section for a month magic will happen.
Old 10-13-13, 08:11 AM  
Debbie S.
VF Supporter

Tracy really doesn't focus on inner thighs, but they do get work. Some levels work your inner thighs more than others. Abs meta level 6 is my all time favorite level for inner thigh work! Year 3 works your inner thighs really well also.

Anytime your feet are aimed towards the corners of the room your inner thighs are targeted. Think plie squats. That is why you feel your inner thighs being worked in Perfect Toning. Sylwia's Cardio Mat bridgework works your inner thighs really well because her feet are aimed towards the corners of a room. She doesn't say to do this, so it's something you need to watch for.
Don't Compare Yourself to somebody else. BE YOUR BEST! Chalene Johnson

A Spark of Hope

In memory of:
Michael Sparkman
October 11th, 2001-October 21st, 2008
Hope Fimiani
August 26th, 2006-October 13th, 2008
Debbie S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-13, 09:46 AM  
JP44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie S. View Post
Tracy really doesn't focus on inner thighs, but they do get work. Some levels work your inner thighs more than others. Abs meta level 6 is my all time favorite level for inner thigh work! Year 3 works your inner thighs really well also.

Anytime your feet are aimed towards the corners of the room your inner thighs are targeted. Think plie squats. That is why you feel your inner thighs being worked in Perfect Toning. Sylwia's Cardio Mat bridgework works your inner thighs really well because her feet are aimed towards the corners of a room. She doesn't say to do this, so it's something you need to watch for.

ITA! Tracy Effinger's Original Squeeze dvd w/ the 3 bridge work series where you put your feet on a wall in various positions always gives me inner thigh DOMS.

Joan
JP44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-13, 02:35 PM  
daisyduke

thanks for that info regarding travis' workouts tracyso... have you tried any of bryan kest's on his website? how are they?
daisyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-13, 04:31 PM  
LeanneM

So yesterday I did the Fusion Mix workout from the original Dream Body 5-disk set, and my inner thighs are talking to me today! All that work with the large stability ball is awesome! I forgot how much that workout works the inner thighs.

Tags
continuity, dream body, inner thighs, tonique, tracy anderson