Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-20, 07:27 PM  
horusosiris

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanofladyvols View Post
It's on, like Donkey Kong!!
I was planning to do Cathe's Total Body Giant Sets but if you do not mind, I will do KCM's Weights with the two of you.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-20, 06:16 AM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
I was planning to do Cathe's Total Body Giant Sets but if you do not mind, I will do KCM's Weights with the two of you.
Woot woot...let's go !!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-20, 09:30 AM  
horusosiris

Happy Tuesday to ALL!

Today I did KCM's Weights. I did workout one with abdominal work rest and workout two with cardio rest. Now that was a good workout. I did go heavier than KCM for most of the exercises. Since the pace is slower, one can go heavier with the weight selections. I have not done this workout in a while and thanks for discussing it because it made me want to do it.
horusosiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-20, 11:59 AM  
KateTT
VF Supporter

Hi Malinda!!! You are more than welcome here!! So glad you joined us!

Kim: Not really MY checkin..I just joined it years ago and feel compelled to keep it going! Fall was here, now it's snowing!! Yes snowing! Very early for us, even in MN. It should be about 58 for a high.

Jules: LSD is AMAZING!! So relaxing and I always feel like spaghetti when I get done. It's long but super sweet.

Linda: Feel free to invite anyone you want to our Fit Chicks party! I'm happy for more!

horusosiris: I love 30 for 30 also. Such nice practices when you don't have tons of time. I'd much rather do a shorter practice every day then wait for time to do a longer one. Consistency is key for me.
Great idea on Cathe's Yoga Blender mix!!

Go you girls on KCM's Weights!! I can't wait to read your comments.

Catching up:
Friday I did Cathe Step Boss Imax 4 full mix again. Really like this one!! And adding in the core and longer stretch is perfect for me. I only flubbed one of the step segments.
No Yoga that day but I did do Byron deMarse's Pop a Squat on the Power Yoga site on Saturday.

Monday was STS Meso 3 Disk 31 - Chest and Back. Now up to 90% of one rep max and only 6 reps. I had my plate mates and extra weights in my hands and still felt I could go heavier. I really need heavier dumbells (35s) but it's so hard to find any.
Yoga was Rudy's YW365 The Gathering from the set. I may try to go through several of the YW365 practices this week.

Today I did Cathe's STS Shock Cardio Circuit Blast + HiiT 30-30. I had only done CCB one time way back in 2013 and I didn't like it because the impact was too high. Lots of weight shed later, I popped it in and loved it. Only really light weights and band used. I added on the HiiT 30/30 for an extra cardio bump. Really good stuff! Glad I revisited these.

Almost didn't do my STS workouts today though. Yesterday I was hauling some firewood into the house and slipped on wet leaves. I fell and wasn't too horrible except that I landed right on a log on my right leg!
It hurt so bad at first I couldn't put any weight on it. I shook that off and finished bringing wood in but as the day went on my right thigh/quad got very very sore and stiff. Like limping sore. I iced it and put on some Punch Gunk and today it's much better.
No limping but a wicked nasty bruise and I really don't want to touch it. I could feel it during my workouts but no pain, just the ache from the bruise.
I am a BAD patient and perhaps should have done a mellower workout, but I felt ok and still feel ok now.

Carry on girls! You're doing an amazing job! Great workouts!

When your body screams, tell it to shut up! Body Pump

"Where I am today is where my mind put me. Where I'll be tomorrow is where my mind put me." - Billy Blanks

I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May '09!
I did it again! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! Feb - May 2018!
Beachbody On Demand 80 Day Obsession - Full Rotation June - September 2018
Third time's a charm! I'm a SHOCKING GRADUATE of STS!!!! July-Oct 2020!
KateTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-20, 02:35 PM  
fanofladyvols

Quote:
Originally Posted by horusosiris View Post
Happy Tuesday to ALL!

Today I did KCM's Weights. I did workout one with abdominal work rest and workout two with cardio rest. Now that was a good workout. I did go heavier than KCM for most of the exercises. Since the pace is slower, one can go heavier with the weight selections. I have not done this workout in a while and thanks for discussing it because it made me want to do it.
I did both workouts back to back and enjoyed it. I was able to go up in weights. The pace is great. My kitty HATES the towel sequences where you drop and pick up. She runs to the towel and runs away when I grab. She can't understand what I'm doing at all or why the towel is so interesting that I need to show it to her over and over, lol. Maybe I enjoy this workout bc of my goofy furball??

Anyway, glad you joined us horusosiris...I can't wait to hear what Kim says. I wonder if Finley will join in?

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
Old 10-20-20, 02:38 PM  
fanofladyvols

Kate yowza!! You might need to soak in epsom salt. Take care of yourself!!

What is punch gunk?

My go to take the pain aways are Arnica gel and Voltaren.

Old 10-20-20, 05:17 PM  
Malinda

Thanks so much for the warm welcome!

Y'all are awesome!

A little about me… I will be 57 in December. I live in Central Texas with my DH, two kittens (well, they’re a little over a year now, but they will always be my kittens), and four backyard chickens. I am currently working from home and lobbying to make that permanent. DH has worked from home for many years.

I predominantly do Beachbody workouts on BBOD. Turbo Jam and CLX got me started 12 years ago. I’m currently in week 6 of my 4th round of my own version of LIIFT4. In my version, the “week” is sometimes longer than 7 days because I can’t stay away from my favorite cardio workouts, which include other Beachbody programs, Amy Dixon, and KCM. I try to do a walk/run once a week, and have been working on pull-ups twice a week for most of this year (assisted - non-assisted someday!). I have Les Mills On Demand, but I pretty much stick to the Combat workouts, although I like all of the different styles. I tend to do my favorite workouts over and over again.

In addition to Breathless Body twice a month, DH and I usually do an Insanity workout and Cathe’s Double Wave Pyramid together once or twice a month. We also like to do the Cardio Fix workout from 21 Day Fix together every once in awhile. He also runs and bikes, and does his own weight work. He is choreographically challenged, thus the repetition of fairly straight-forward workouts. We have a nice workout room with all sorts of toys that we have put together over the years.

Kim and Linda, my DH didn’t work out to videos for a long time. I was so excited when he finally decided to try it -- he started with Jillian’s 30 Day Shred.

Jules, I am impressed with your commitment to yoga! I try to do one yoga/stretch per week, but I am not very faithful about it.

KateTT, I hope that leg is feeling better soon! I bought STS during an Ambien/wine-induced shopping spree many, many years ago (no, I do not combine those anymore), but I have never tried it. I’m so impressed with the weights you are using! I bench-pressed 65 lbs with my trainer for the first time a few months ago and thought I was The Sh*t!! I only used 20 lb dumbells for bench press in LIIFT4 this morning, but I think I can go heavier next time.

Linda, my female kitten takes over my towel as soon as I lay it down, even if it’s covered in sweat. I cannot imagine what she would do if I tried that workout with her in the room!

I am so envious of your Fall days! Enjoy!
Old 10-20-20, 05:26 PM  
Jules

Wow! This check-in is hopping!

I finished up Yoga 30 for 30 on Sunday with Victory and Mobility. I did not do the bonus tracks, but I am moving on. Yesterday I tried out BodyFlow #88 from LMOD. It was fun! They use different names than what I am used to for many of the poses, but I was able to follow along pretty well.

Today I did Flexibility & Beyond: Master. Not gonna lie - it was tough for me. It is 95 minutes long and Travis does not talk much in this one or tell you how much time is left in each pose, so it is mentally challenging. I am sure my hips will be sore tomorrow from this one!

Kate: Oh no on your injury! I am sure you will heal quickly. I second Linda on the Punch Gunk question! We also got about 4 inches of snow here over the weekend. Thankfully, the sun came out today and melted most of it. Gotta get our winter snow tires put on!

Malinda: We must have been posting at the same time. It's great to learn a bit more about you! I am usually not this committed to yoga, but I am working through an injury and feel yoga is helping so I am sticking with it for now.
Jules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-20, 06:40 PM  
Mickey12

Malinda, it's sooooo great to hear from you. Thank you for that great, long post!! I laughed out loud about your Ambien/wine induced purchase of STS. Ha!! It sounds like you're a perfect fit for this check-in as far as age goes, although I'm not sure how old Jules is. I'm 55. I was working from home from March to June and then was able to return to the office, which I prefer. Most of my co-workers are either still home or are doing split time at home and in the office. You're doing some seriously hard workouts too. I love hearing what other people are doing.

Jules I did the Master Flexibility and Beyond class only once. Yes, it's challenging with Travis doing no talking. I like to hear what he says and it definitely helps to occupy your mind with the long holds.

Kate sorry to hear about that injury. Yikes! I'm glad it wasn't any worse. Please give yourself some time off if you need it.

And double yikes on the snow, you guys! It's too early!!!

Tonight I did KCM Weights, the 31 minute total body premix. I was definitely feeling the single leg squats with the variation in my butt. I liked that except for some of the bicep work, everything was single joint work. So, Horusosirus and Linda and I did this workout today and we each did something different. Isn't that great? Gotta love the options!

I also did Barre Amped Strengthen and Stretch, the lower body stretch portion. This one is also in my virgin pile. I don't have any other Barre Amped workouts and I purchased this one sort of on a whim so I could get free shipping with an Amazon order. The stretches are held a nice length of time and Stephanie gives good form pointers.

Oh, and Finley was going kitten beserk with a toy mouse while I was working out. I was laughing out loud as I did tricep extensions.
Old 10-20-20, 07:23 PM  
fanofladyvols

Jules we are hopping...ain't it grand?

Malinda thanks for telling us about yourself. My husband will take leisurely walks and go on outdoor hikes but that's about it. I quit trying to get him to exercise with me many years ago. He doesn't enter my Shred Shed very often but when he does, he doesn't use my videos. I'm sort of possessive over the room. So many years I had to hide away my items all over the house so as not to be in the way.

By golly, nowadays I'm the dumbbell police! It's so wonderful to have a dedicated exercise area. And I'm over 20 and less than a 100

Kim I love taking classes with other people.

Looking forward to doing it again.