Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins

Old 10-20-20, 09:02 AM  
wishiwasinhawaii

Today was Total Body Training from WS1. I didn't do a workout yesterday. I got caught up in meetings for work that kept getting rescheduled and it just messed up my entire day! I did go for a walk outside though. I discovered that the park near me is practically empty if I go around 11:30, so that's the plan going forward.

I'm taking this afternoon off to get my glasses fixed. I've been having problems with the new prescription so I went for another exam and they ordered new lenses. Hope these are better.

Donna, Glad to hear you found a good plumber. It's also good that you have a few options you can call. My usual plumber is good and very prompt, but they are pricey.

Pam, That Halloween event looks like a lot of fun!

Gotta get ready to leave. Have a great day!
Old 10-20-20, 10:45 AM  
Leonana

Today is Cardio Party from WS1. As I'm typing this, my cat just threw up on the floor. And we just got an unexpected medical bill. Start to a great day, lol. But I feel so much better after my workout, so that's a plus!

Donna, the workbook is this one.

https://www.amazon.com/Anxiety-Worry...3208087&sr=8-5

I believe Dr. Beck is the one who started CBT support groups, so I think both doctors who wrote it are highly qualified. The one negative for me is that there are a ton of worksheets. I only did the worksheets in the first seven chapters, and just read the rest. I still found it helpful. It's really in depth and takes a lot of time, especially doing worksheets. I really think the workbook should have come with a CD, so you could print them off easily. There are too many to copy them out of the book. But even if you skip the worksheets, there's a lot of wonderful information.

Another excellent book on CBT is this one. It is more geared towards depression, but has a lot of great information about CBT. I first learned of this book and CBT from a recommendation by Dr. Mike on You Tube.

https://www.amazon.com/David-M-D-Bur...208427&sr=8-13

This book was also recommended on Amazon. It seems to be an easier read and good for the average person.

https://www.amazon.com/Cognitive-Beh...M7JK79D9BW1G6Z

Pam, that event looks like so much fun. I hope it's not too crowded when you go. Your dh sounds like he can handle the cold well, my dh is the same. I, however, freeze at 70 degrees! I would like to be able to track my sleep too. I hope the Fitbit works for you.

wishiwasinhawaii, that's great you found a good time for the park. I hope the new lenses work for you.

Tracy, I hope your shoulder is doing better.
Old 10-21-20, 08:24 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well. I am feeling better after my flu shot - other than my arm being sore - but better than yesterday. So, glad that is over and my eye appointment went well, too.

Last night DD and I took a short walk w/ our Golden. Our Lab really can't do the walks anymore....

Today, so far:

Jessica Smith - 21 Day Program - Low Impact HIIT walk

Moving Mango - 90 Day Pilates Challenge Day # 1 - Part II - this was mostly side lying work w/ some planks and swimming type exercises thrown in for good measure.

Hopefully an outdoor walk later today.

Sherry - thank you for the book recommendations!

wishiwasinhawaii - having glasses that aren't right is no fun. I'm trying some new contacts out - so, fingers crossed. My prescription for glasses changed slightly, but I'm going to hold off on a new pair for now - I wear my contacts most of the time anyway.

Pam - sounds like fun!! And, LOL on your hair.

waves, Tracy!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-20, 03:19 PM  
Pam61
VF Supporter

Hi Ladies,

Spent another day with Rodney's AM Yoga For Your Week (Hip Openers) along with 30 minutes on the TM. This hip opening practice is more of a warm up and not exactly my favorite of his. He moves so quickly between some of the poses, I'm wondering why I am bothering? Um, maybe to get ready for another yoga practice? Anyway, great AZ scenery (Page and Glen Canyon Lake) but this particular segment leaves me wanting something more.

I posted a Halloween event that we didn't have planned until this Sunday night. Got my Halloween stuff mixed up, haha. We've been doing more online virtual tour zoom events lately, so these are kinda fun. Most recently was a Halloween House tours in Salem, MA with a guide who looks like witchie-poo from HR Puff 'n Stuff. He was a hoot and worth the price of admission. The trouble with streaming though is sometimes things take forever to load and buffer. Or sometimes things don't work well at all.

Sherry, one of my cats is much older and she pukes up on a daily basis (and sometimes multiple times.) Both of my cats try to out eat each other and they are always high anxiety around each other when it comes to chow time.

Hey, good news that Jessica has something in the works in the way of new material!

Have a good day all!

Current Rotation:
Dean Pohlman (Man Flow Yoga) 90 Days to Flexible Phase 3 (Intermediate)
Cathe Strength Training (ICE & LITE series)
Pam61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-20, 09:52 PM  
Leonana

Today was Stepping Strength from the Get Strong dvd. I noticed in Jessica's email that this month's featured exerciser said that the Stepping Strength workouts really toned her up. Although, I wasn't sure if she meant the two Stepping Strength workouts on dvd and you tube, or the two workouts from the Get Strong dvd. Anyway, I do love the Get Strong dvd, and want to use it more.

Donna, I got my flu shot a couple of weeks, and had no reactions at all, not even a sore arm. I have never had a flu shot (I don't believe), so I guess I was past due!

Pam, my tortiouseshell that throws up is 14, but she only does it a couple of times a week. She goes outside through the cat door, eats some grass, comes back in to throw up, lol. I can relate to the anxiety. The cat with the most anxiety is my gray tabby, because the orange tabby chases him. He tired chasing the tortiouseshell, but she slapped him. The other two cats do not mess with her! So, my gray tabby comes out to eat when the orange tabby is sleeping, and he also eats on top of our bathroom closet. They are so funny sometimes.
Old 10-22-20, 07:54 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

I have to post quickly today - running late!

Team Body Project - 30 Min Low Impact Cardio Workout - this was my first time doing a Body Project workout and it was enjoyable. Something different to throw into the routine!

Jessica Valent - Pilates for Scoliosis

Will be back later for personals!

Donna
Old 10-22-20, 12:09 PM  
TracyQ

Hi Everyone—I just wanted to do a quick post to say that this week has gotten derailed. My aunt who has dementia and lives alone fell on Sunday and ended up in the emergency room. She is ok and was released Monday but can’t stay alone....so my sister and I have been sleeping at her place and dropping her off at my 80-year old mother’s house in the morning. Then my mother stays with her all day while we work and then one of us picks her up and goes to her house at night and so it goes.

My workouts have been practically non existent but I did a Boho Beautiful Pilates workout Monday and I’ve been trying to walk when I can. I really enjoy this check in and feel I have a lot in common with you guys. So once we get my aunt squared away I plan to come back more regularly.

Sherry—I am going to look into those links you posted when I have some time. It sounds like something I could really use.

Cellulite is not a character defect.
TracyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-20, 10:31 PM  
Leonana

I had a doctor's appointment this morning, then I did my volunteer filing for the Hospice. I am planning on riding my exercise bike for a half hour when I get off the computer.

My appointment was with the cardiac nurse at my cardiologist. I had weaned myself off my blood pressure medication, because I knew my white coat syndrome was effecting the readings, and I wanted a correct diagnosis. I was prescribed medication in the middle of my anxiety attacks. My echocardiogram showed no signs of sustained high bp, so I knew that I was taking too much medication. Anyway, I've been taking bp readings for the last month at home, and it's about 120/93. The bottom number is still high, so I will need to take medication, but much less than before. I don't think they were happy with me, lol. But I didn't know any other way to figure out what my blood pressure really was, without weaning myself off the medication. But all my tests were normal, and I'm healthy otherwise. I still wonder about the bottom number being accurate, because I stress out even at home. But the nurse said they go by the lowest number you get when you are at your calmest. I guess that's about the best you can do. I hope knowing that doesn't jinx my subconscious again, lol. On a positive note, I was pretty calm during the appointment and didn't have very much anxiety, so I'm happy about that.

Donna, I've looked at the Body Project, but haven't tried one yet. That's great you liked it.

Tracy, I'm so sorry about your aunt. I can imagine it is pretty hard to take care of her, especially while working. She is fortunate to have family to help, and I hope she heals soon. I'm glad if the links can help you, CBT has helped me a lot with dealing with anxiety. I sometimes wonder if I'm posting too much, so glad to know it was helpful!
Old 10-23-20, 07:46 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

This morning's workouts were:

Pahla B - Weight Loss Cardio & Strength
Jessica Valent - Booty Burner Workout & Strong Ankle, Hip & Knee routine

Yesterday evening I also got out for a walk w/ my doggie and DD.

I enjoyed Pahla - I guess I just identify with her - she is around my age and her b'day is also in early November, like mine! LOL! We also both have curly blonde hair and wear glasses (well, I wear contacts, too..but..) And, the way her hair is cut in this video is the way mine was cut before quarantine. Mine is now shoulder length. So it is just funny our similarities. I guess I just identify with her as to where she is in life....kids growing up and moving out (although mine is younger than hers...), etc.

I think Ellen is the person I aspire to be - she presents as always calm, centered and Zen. And while I would like to be that person, I'm not!! But Pahla just seems very real to me.

Anyway - rambling!

Sherry - I think it is hard to get an accurate BP reading in a dr's office, I think most people are anxious/nervous when they are there. I also can make myself nervous taking my BP at home or in the drugstore. As soon as I feel the cuff on I start getting anxious. Hope you had a good bike ride!! Body Project was nice, but I think I still prefer my "friends" - Pahla, Jessica S., Jessica V......

Tracy - I'm sorry about your aunt - that is stressful. Are you retiring? I think we "chatted" on the retirement thread. I am looking forward to that day! But I probably have 7-10 or so years to go.....I can get health insurance through my employer, so that will be a big help. My DH is older than me and will likely retire before me, but I suspect he will get lonely/bored at home and will want me to retire, too, I'm not going to argue with that, LOL! As long as we can get afford to pay for the health insurance....before medicare kicks in.

Waves, Pam and wishiwasinhawaii!!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Donna
Old 10-23-20, 04:54 PM  
wishiwasinhawaii

I had a doctor's appointment today (annual checkup) and she suggested I get the Shingrix shot, so I did. I did not do a workout today because I think it's best to take a day off when I get vaccines. I'll see how it goes tomorrow. The doctor said the side effects shouldn't be much different from the flu shot, but I never have a reaction to that, so we'll see. I have to go back for the second shot in January.

Donna, I never went to get my glasses fixed the other day because my boss had some emergency I had to deal with so I didn't take the afternoon off after all. I'm planning to take Monday off instead. I tried to wear contacts about 7 years ago and couldn't see very well with them, but I hear the multifocal ones are better now, so I might try again. Wearing glasses with a mask is tough because they keep fogging up!

Sherry, Glad to hear things went well at the doctor and you were able to keep calm. I used to have a problem with white coat syndrome, but it's been fine for the past couple of years. I take my bp at home and know it's normal
so I keep telling myself that when I get to the doctor and it seems to work. Thanks for the CBT info!

Pam, Do you have any tips for cutting your own hair? I'm growing mine and just need to cut a little on the bottom and don't want to go to a salon just for that. I have very straight hair that is almost shoulder length. The Halloween House tour sounds really cool. Are they doing more of those?

Tracy, Sorry to hear about your aunt. I hope things settle down for you soon. On the days when you're not with your aunt, try to relax and take walks and do calming activities. I know it's easier said then done though.

Tags
jessica smith get strong