Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-20, 07:47 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Leslie's MM Disk 5, miles 3-5. 45min
ePilates Barre Combo - 21m.

Tomorrow I think I'll start back DY Forever Fit in 8 program. I stalled after completing 4 weeks and I still have 4 more weeks to go.

Linda, yes, my DH and I each wash all our own dishes after cooking. Fortunately neither one of us likes to leave dishes in the sink for any length of time. We do have a dishwasher but it rarely gets used since there is only the two of us and it's easier to wash few dishes by hand right after use.

Donna, no it's not just you who's feeling no motivation. I really have to work hard to motivate myself to do anything. This has been such a bad year for many of us and for me personally, losing my friend few weeks ago has hit me hard. Now, my 18.5 yo cat Basil has started showing his age and has slowed down considerably. I'm worried about losing him. I still miss my younger boy Ziggy whom I've lost 2 years ago.

Hi to Carol, Cheri, Brenda and Christine.
Old 09-21-20, 07:58 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Hope everyone is ready for Monday (I'm NOT). But, I have hope that at some point this week I will get good news on something at work...hopefully.....either way I hope to have a direction to go in!

Anyway - today was:

Essentrics TV - A.M. Workout w/ Meg - this was a short 15 min morning session to loosen up and get started. It is funny, i used to do Essentrics after my "regular" workout to stretch out - but now I'm doing it before to loosen up!

Faithful Workouts - Pazaz in the Barn - this is from the DVD set that Michelle recently released. I believe it is also on her streaming platform. Her Pazaz (cardio dance) workouts are a lot of fun - that format seems to have disappeared from "modern" workouts - w/ so much focus on drills, HIIT, etc. These are Christian based workouts, so may not be for everyone, but I"m feeling the need for those messages lately.

Unshaken Yoga - (You Tube) - Gentle Morning Yoga - this is Michelle's daughter's channel - this was a nice low key practice that was a good follow up to the cardio workout. It was about 10 mintues.

Yesterday I got an outdoor walk in and also squeezed in a Yoga w/ Adriene practice -for hamstrings and lower back. It was enjoyable, I can almost see myself going back to Adriene at some point.

Dana - I agree, this year has been a rough one - for the entire world, let alone the personal challenges some of us have faced. Personally, for me from 2018 to the present has been pretty rough, but we have to ride it out....

Carol - I enjoyed today's workout and I signed up for Michelle's Over 40 challenge that starts on Oct 1st.

Cheri - nice workouts!!

Linda- You know, I think I have just gotten lazy and I'm drawn to streaming sites these days for the workout calendars they provide. I used to really enjoy coming up with my own rotations, though and perhaps if I let go of some of these subscriptions I will go back to doing that. Next year, as things expire I don't plan to renew everything. I will keep Ellen - $5.95/month and Faithful Workouts is only $35, I think - if you sign up with one of her specials.

Brenda - I hope you had a good b'day!! Sorry I missed it.

Waves, Christine, I hope you are doing well.

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-20, 10:41 AM  
cherimac

PBL Spring into Summer Legs With Band
PBL Poise and Strength Upper Body Workouit

I am busy doing errands and making calls to sort some things out. Just life, haha.

Have a good Monday.
Old 09-21-20, 11:27 AM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Sunday: 2 sessions of random "walking" and lunge/squat sessions, about 60 mins total

Thank you for the birthday wishes! I got a great birthday gift when the Seahawks won a great game!

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-20, 03:30 PM  
fanofladyvols

Donna coming up with rotations is hard! Then even after I create them, I can sit back and look at them and realize I'm not real happy with it..or not sure if I'm overtraining some part of my body. Using someone else's is a whole lot easier!!

Cheri hope you got things worked out!

Brenda glad the Seahawks gave you a great present!

Dana sorry to hear Basil isn't feeling great. I have never had a kitty live as long as the one I have now. I am sure I take it for granted that her sassy self will always be here.

Carol weekend victory...I saw a friend I hadn't seen since I was at her wedding! Weekend failure ..I made no effort to plan meals for the week. Oops.. should be a pain to figure things out this week.

Christine sending you Monday hugs!!

Yesterday went for an outdoor walk and did SS Cool it off. Today began my Brazil Butt Lift and Supreme 90 hybrid rotation. I have never done either program but feel I researched them well enough to do the way I have designed for a month. I'm eliminating a few S90 workouts. Today I did BBL Bum Bum Bum SS Keep it up. I couldn't do all the floorwork reps in KIU after Bum Bum. I think KIU is a great all around workout. Probably my favorite of all the SS. I am a little sad to step away from SS but plan to plug in my favs from the set later on because they are my kinda workouts.

I hope you all have a wonderful Monday!!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-20, 06:47 PM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Monday's workout was

Faithful Workouts - Stretch & Strengthen - 35 minutes

This workout was not what I was expecting, which was a yoga-ish type workout. It was actually a lot like Jessica Smith's fusion strength workouts - not quite as choreographed and without Jessica's production values. I liked it a lot.

I'm happy to report that today was a lot better than Friday. No one's head exploded because we finally had our first CoVid case on Friday - we think because of our protocols and some luck, there was very little chance of exposure to anyone.

Waves to all ~ it's time to eat here. I've got homework later, but I'll try to do personals in the morning.

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-20, 07:44 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today, so far, has been:

Faithful Workouts - Lower Body in the Barn - I enjoyed this one - a lot of variety - she used weights, bands, and a ball. The format was "interval" style 35 seconds on, 10 seconds off. The time went by fast. She does some exercises that you don't see often in other videos - like side steps w/ the circular band around the ankles, etc.

I also added on a yoga practice from Michelle's daughter, Denika. It was short, around 15-20 minutes.

Later today I will get in some additional activity - perhaps a walk or CS....

Carol - glad your day was less hectic and that that COVID diagnosis didn't spur on panic. I'm really enjoying Michelle's workouts right now and interestingly, I am enjoying the yoga. I have not been able to get myself into yoga for over a year...but doing it with Denika seems ok....

Linda - I would love to hear about your next rotation! I am inspired to pull out my Slim in 6 and Slim Series Express soon...and maybe come up w/ my own plan!

Waves, everyone.

Happy First Day of Fall!

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-20, 09:17 AM  
fanofladyvols

Donna I am posting my schedule. Not all warm-ups to S90 are listed yet but I will always do something else as a warm-up before them.

This rotation doesn't stick to 7 day weeks. I call them blocks and they vary in length from 9-10 days.

Block 1:
  1. BBL Bum Bum 35m plus SS Keep it off ..yowza
  2. CS stretch and CS cardio and KV Half and Half cardio
  3. KV half half w/up S90 Chest/Back 30 min
  4. BBL Cardio Axe 35m plus Bum Bum Live 26m or Bum Bum Rapido 11m
  5. S90 Shoulders/Arms 45 min
  6. BBL High & Tight 37m
  7. CS
  8. BBL Rio extreme 50m
  9. Rest

Block 2:
  1. S90 Total Body 30 min
  2. S90 Core dynamics 28 min
  3. S90 Cardio Challenge 40min plus BBL Tummy tuck 15min
  4. Rest
  5. BBL Sculpt 50m
  6. S90 Tabata inferno 45 min
  7. BBL Abs rapido 10m + BBL High and Tight 37m
  8. CS
  9. BBL Bum Bum 35m
  10. Rest

Block 3:
  1. BBL Bum Bum 35m
  2. S90 Chest/Back 30 min
  3. CS
  4. Taebo basic
  5. S90 Shoulders/Arms 45 min
  6. BBL High & Tight 37m
  7. CS
  8. Taebo advanced
  9. Rest

I have another "block" but it's only if I still feel good because it increases the cardio intensity. Otherwise, I'll be doing a recovery week then add that one.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-20, 11:51 AM  
cherimac

PBL Rapid Results Workout
PBL Spring into Summer Stretch and Flow

Thanks, Linda. I did get things sorted out, thankfully. Now if I could ever get anyone from the Georgia Department of Labor to respond to emails or answer the phone so I can get the $4000 the owe me from April and May when I was furloughed. :eek Oh, Brazil Butt Lift was my favorite, no dread BB set. Have fun.
Old 09-23-20, 05:50 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Tuesday's workout was

Faithful Workouts - Cardio & Strength - 31 minutes

This was a live workout that Michelle did from Florida to kick off a 30 day challenge she held earlier this year. It seemed a little more challenging than usual - or maybe I was just tired. It was just Michelle and the music was a little too low to hear well. Not much strength, actually. The name should have been "Cardio & Core".

Cheri - Good job being so consistent! Good luck with your claim. I know all of the state unemployment offices were totally overwhelmed with the claims they received - computer systems and people. We had several claims filed - although we didn't lay anyone off - it's a weirdness in the Texas system maybe. Some I responded to because they had incorrect information (like the person had never worked for us at all) and some I did not because everything was correct. A couple I outright fought because the individuals had actually voluntarily quit right before CoVid came along and I had the papers to prove it. The weird thing - for almost all of them, I never heard another thing from the state unemployment agency. It was like the claims just disappeared down the rabbit hole.

Linda - Nice rotation! I think I had the BBL system at one point. I never had the Supreme 90 set, which is interesting. I thought I'd almost had every workout set known to man (or woman) at some point, but not that one. Have fun!

Donna - Glad you are enjoying Faithful Workouts right now. Those workouts are definitely hitting the spot for me. I even catch myself replaying the music in head during the day. I need to step up my walks at night. I'm just a little too busy right now with my Bible Study class and my genealogy course. I did it to myself...

Waves to all ~

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote