Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > Challenges and Check-ins
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-20, 07:27 AM  
donnamp

Hi Everyone,

Today was:

Classical Stretch 1229 - Body Shaping - it was all standing, which is why I picked the episode, those are my favorite.

Trifecta Pilates - Challenge Day # 1 - 30 min of matwork w/ a circular band. I enjoyed this routine. The workouts I most enjoy from Beth are 30 minutes w/ "toys"/props. I feel that when she does shorter workouts they are rushed and the longer ones - well, I lose my focus.

I haven't been in the mood for cardio lately - but maybe DD and i will walk later.

Linda - was this CS the one you did where Miranda was talking about bat wings? She did mention it in this episode. As I recall FiU was a killer workout - all of the Slim Series were, honestly. I think I got rid of mine, I will have to look......

Cheri - very sad for your friend....

Hope everyone has a nice weekend.....

Donna
donnamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-20, 07:47 AM  
fanofladyvols

Donna no, mine had the same title (I'm sure exercises were similar ) but was on the CS Aging Backwards DVD set. That's disappointing that she still uses that term in her more recent series. What's so hard about just mentioning the correct anatomical term? I wouldn't have been able to do SS all those years ago when it was popular. I definitely can see someone not liking it and/or having a dread factor.

Today I did CS #1224 Upper body pain relief and it was a fantastic episode. Really felt good all over especially my back and hips. I'll come back and edit this post if I do anything else.

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-20, 09:40 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Friday's workout was just a 30 minute walk with the dogs. Our weather finally warmed back up and the skies cleared, at least as much as possible with all the California/Oregon smoke that is high above us.

Waves to all ~ off to exercise and get it done before I get busy with homework!

Carol
txhsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-20, 01:01 PM  
cherimac

PBL Resistance Posture Plus Workout
Spring into Summer Strech & Release

I was supposed to work from 1-4 yesterday, but picked up the shift of someone calling out. So, I worked 1-4, had 30 minutes for lunch, then worked 4:30-8:00. Today I picked up a 4:30-8:00 shift. I also picked up two shifts next Monday and Tuesday. Because I'm willing to do that, I'm more likely to be scheduled for more hours (they're starting everyone new out at six hours weekly because so many people are students), and it puts me in a good light to be promoted to the Sales Leadership Team someday if I want to do that. For the last week of September I've been given at least 15 hours, so it's paying off. Right now, 15-20 hours is all I want.

I hope everyone has a good Saturday.
Old 09-13-20, 12:18 AM  
Brenda in WA
VF Supporter

Thurs: JS Flow Cardio
Fri: JS Sole Sculpt
Sat: some random upper body work

My mom is visiting so my time is limited.

Cheri, I'm sorry about your friend.

She girds herself with strength, and strengthens her arms. Prov. 31:17
Brenda in WA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-20, 08:52 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Saturday's workouts were:

Faithful Workouts - Cardio & Strength Intervals Live - 25 minutes;
Walk - 30 minutes

Michelle's live workout was filmed (I think) in her driveway - lots of pine trees and green grass in the background. She was a little distracted trying to manage all the technical stuff, but it was still a good workout.

I've having all kinds of internet issues and am having trouble getting anyone from my provider to come out and troubleshoot them. If I disappear for a while, that's probably why. I've downloaded a bunch of Michelle's workouts for off-line use, so I'm hoping that will still work if I have zero internet.

If I don't have zero internet, I'll probably end up doing Smriti's newest "retreat" which debuts this week. But, my streaming has been so unreliable the last few days that may not happen.

Cheri - Glad your new job is working out! So sorry about your friend.

Brenda - Enjoy your mom's visit!

Linda - Miranda is just quirky, there's no other way to put it. You must be tough to do Slim Series; I couldn't do it back when I was younger, no way.

Donna - Pilates videos with props are by far my favorite! It makes it less boring, which I find pilates videos to be, especially the super classical videos. Same song, 25th verse, is what they feel like to me.

Carol
Old 09-13-20, 09:53 AM  
Usia
VF Supporter

Good morning!

Leslie's 3 Miracle Miles - 45min
BBFIT Arms & Abs - 18min.

Good, short workout from Bailey but every 5 minutes there was an ad. Fortunately one of those that I could skip after 5 seconds but still, I had to stop mid-move and push skip. Very annoying.

Odd...I provided a youtube link to Bailey's workout but it's not showing up. When I go into edit post, it's showing there....

Carol, I don't know if you have Comcast but I do, and I've noticed a lot more issues with cable TV and internet here. I truly hate Comcast. They charge exorbitant price, provide lousy service and monopolize the area so that we don't have to many other choices here.

Off to run some errands.

Waving hi to everyone!
Old 09-13-20, 02:38 PM  
cherimac

PBL SIS Shapely Legs
PBL Everyday Essentials: Abs

Happy Sunday.
Old 09-13-20, 08:27 PM  
fanofladyvols

Cheri I'm glad you're able to pick up hours. So far, are things smooth there?

Carol we have spectrum aka Charter..they stink too. I can watch a YouTube video late at night but we mostly get alot of buffering. I guess it saves me from being tempted to subscribe to any streaming. I don't know that I'm tough, but I'm pretty determined.

Dana that's weird the link disappears!

Brenda are those JS workouts part of a set or online somewhere? Enjoy your mom visit!

Christine I made a note and one of my SS workouts was an SASE from you!

Today was SS Tear it up and an outdoor walk. It's one of the longer workouts but it was a good one. Maybe it was my playlist, (or I'm getting used to these workouts) but I enjoyed this one. I definitely see myself doing this one again. The only thing I skipped was the abs on the floor segment. There are plenty of standing exercises that engage the abs throughout the workout.

Donna hope all is well!

Never give up on your body!-- Miranda Esmonde-White

Word/Guiding Principle for 2024: Embrace: embrace my faith, my family, my friends, myself, the process, the progress, the hard work, the strength program I choose, the recovery methods and rest I need, my life, the good times, and the memories of good people.
fanofladyvols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-20, 06:03 AM  
txhsmom
VF Supporter

Sunday's workout was

Faithful Workouts - Drop Down Workout in the Barn - 26 minutes

This is at least my second time to do this workout - Michelle has you do a round of 3 exercises or 15 reps each, then the same round with 10 reps and then the same round with 5 reps each. Then you move on to a new set of exercises. We did 2 rounds of standing work, 1 round of cardio and 1 round of core. Then stretching. Time went by quickly.

I intended to do something else, but I got busy cooking my lunch and breakfast for the week and didn't get it done. Maybe tonight. 25 minutes is really not quite enough.

My bloodwork from last week came back - first bloodwork since the Type 2 Diabetes diagnosis in June and the subsequent diet change. I was a little disappointed because I was hoping for a blood sugar number of under 100 (which is the beginnings of being too high), and I didn't quite get there. Interestingly, despite all the fat that I'm eating on a keto diet, my cholesterol came down quite a bit (but is still too high) and my triglycerides, while still high, are almost half of what they had been. Those numbers are actually the lowest I can ever remember seeing - those things run in my family and I've struggled with them for many years. These numbers are approaching normal and I'm wondering if I'll continue to see progress in these areas as I stick with this eating approach. I have also lost 18 pounds, honestly without even trying (i.e., no calorie counting), and have 2 more to go to hit my goal. But now that I'm so close, I'd like to lose about 5 more pounds than that. I see the doctor on Wednesday - she'd better brag on me.

Linda - It's frustrating. People in other parts of town have alternatives for service, but not in my neighborhood. I think it's weird - my neighborhood is newer and you would think they would be all over us, but no. Our cable/internet provider was much better when they were based in a small Texas town; then they got big and got bought out by someone bigger. I have Suddenlink.

Cheri - Nice job!

Dana - I guess we all hate our internet/cable provider. I hate those YouTube videos with the intermittent ads. They are so annoying. YouTube does that automatically and PahlaB says she has to go in and fix every single one of them individually so that doesn't happen.

Carol