Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 06-07-17, 08:57 AM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by m42 View Post
Btw I'm 3c/4a, about bra strap length stretched, right above the shoulder unstretched. My hair is dense but fine, low to normal porosity.
Haha, me too! Gotta love the extreme shrinkage. But I think don't think that my hair is fine. Big Bubble says it's fine compared to his, but I don't know.
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-17, 09:20 AM  
pcdoctor01

I workout in the morning and have my hair in a scarf so it doesn't matter.
pcdoctor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-17, 12:19 PM  
bubbles76

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcdoctor01 View Post
I workout in the morning and have my hair in a scarf so it doesn't matter.
Me too, I just sweat too much
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-17, 01:27 PM  
pcdoctor01

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles76 View Post
me too, i just sweat too much
pcdoctor01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-17, 10:32 PM  
m42

Quote:
Jersey humidity is positively tame compared to Central GA I'm always on the lookout for a good gel so I will look up the Alaffia Beautiful Curls gels.

M42, I tried the Aloe gel thing, it just didn't have enough hold. May be good for a twist out, but not a puff. Plus, I think the one you may be talking about had some ingredients I didn't like. Not the all natural one you put in the fridge (which made my hair smell nice, but that was it) but the other one.
Since I wet my hair most days I don't need the hold of an ecostyler. The cheapie aloe Vera gel has vitamin e and a preservative. The expensive one is pure. Taking the extra 15 minutes to shingle gives a more defined curl, but I usually do the praying hands method. I'm too lazy to twist or braid out. Plus my scalp gets itchy if I have a sweaty workout and I prefer to workout in the mornings.
m42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-17, 10:35 PM  
m42

Quote:
Haha, me too! Gotta love the extreme shrinkage. But I think don't think that my hair is fine. Big Bubble says it's fine compared to his, but I don't know.
I only know my hair is fine because my dermatologist told me. I just assumed that kinky curly meant coarse. It changed my entire hair care regimen. I ditched the heavy butters and conditioner and my curls are bouncy and moisturized.
Old 06-07-17, 10:39 PM  
m42

Quote:
Terri for deep conditioning I use SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Masque.

M42 thanks for the input! How long do you diffuse, and do you diffuse until completely dry?
I should've put this all in one post lol. I blot to dampness with a t-shirt and diffuse with cold air for about 15 minutes. I try for completely dry, especially in the winter. Air drying in the winter drys my hair out.

Tags
natural hair, natural hair care, natural hair working out