Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-14, 06:00 PM  
spotted zebra

Does anyone run or jog on their Bellicon?

Does anyone run or jog on their Bellicon? Is it even possible? I'd love a quiet rebounder for a change. I currently use the Urban Rebounder which is great for running but not that good for a full bounce (hardish surface) and the squeak seems to be getting louder. I started off with a soft bounce Needak which I gave away because the slow bounce was frustrating for jogging. Not only that but I couldn't really jump one foot at a time. I'd lose my balance because the bounce was so agonizingly slow (and the mat not as tight as it could have been). So I'm a bit leery of getting the Bellicon in case it ends up being the same.

I'm hoping to get rid of the UR (due to space limitations) if I invest in a Bellicon rather than keep both. I just don't want to regret the purchase because from where I live it would be hard to return.

So if you do use the Bellicion for jogging, at what strength - Ultra? Also wondering if the comparable Jumpsport (550?) is any better for jogging or about the same as the Bellicon?
spotted zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-14, 06:59 PM  
geojill

Yes. The slow bounce doesn't bother me (I use strong) but did get a set of x-strong for times I want a firmer bounce. I use Virtual Active hikes and runs to jog to and I love it!
Old 07-27-14, 07:25 PM  
spotted zebra

I was just watching a Youtube comparison between a Bellicon and Jumpsport - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G3bbLnjU4c - and both bounces appear to be faster than my Needak soft bounce. Maybe I got a defective Needak because it was quite a bit slower than these two.
Old 07-27-14, 07:29 PM  
MsThistlebottom

Yes, I jog on my Bellicon. I started out with ultra bungees and then switched to extra-strong because I wanted a softer bounce. It's perfect for jogging!

"When I was young, I used to admire intelligent people; as I grow older, I admire kind people." -- Abraham Joshua Heschel
MsThistlebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-14, 07:38 PM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by geojill View Post
Yes. The slow bounce doesn't bother me (I use strong) but did get a set of x-strong for times I want a firmer bounce. I use Virtual Active hikes and runs to jog to and I love it!
Ditto, I just did the Northern Italy hike this morning and it was a blast.
Old 07-27-14, 07:44 PM  
geojill

Patti, I love your avatar picture so much! It always makes me laugh when I see it
Old 07-27-14, 07:45 PM  
Patti S.
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by geojill View Post
Patti, I love your avatar picture so much! It always makes me laugh when I see it
You just don't think about the Wizard of Oz that way, but it's actually true! Dorothy is a serial killer, lol!
Old 07-27-14, 07:46 PM  
spotted zebra

Thanks. I'm feeling more certain now the Bellicon is for me. I may start with x-strong and see if that'll do the trick or if I need to go up or down one strength from there. I have no idea, but can't wait to try it and find out!

Where are these virtual hikes? They sound great.
Old 07-27-14, 07:49 PM  
geojill

Here is the link for it...http://www.vafitness.com/

They have a bunch. I buy the download, put on my ipod, and then connect my ipod to my tv. I turn down the music and then play music on Pandora. I bought a set of DVDs then realized I would never do the guided and need the music as opposed to the ambient noise and won't listen to their music, so downloads it is

ETA: If you are unsure which cord strength to go with, Bellicon will build your rebounder with one set (that you specify) and send you another set to try, along with a return label to send the set of cords you didn't want back to them. They make it super easy. I worked with them via email on that one and were super nice and helpful.
Old 07-27-14, 08:06 PM  
momof10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsThistlebottom View Post
Yes, I jog on my Bellicon. I started out with ultra bungees and then switched to extra-strong because I wanted a softer bounce. It's perfect for jogging!
I so agree. I have the extra strong bungees and I over the bounce I get on my Bellicon. I average 5.5 miles an hour on mine. I absolutely love it and use it every single day. I even bought a second one to have at my cottage. I have the 49" one, isn't that the biggest one? I even take it with me when I go to hockey tournaments out of town and use it in my hotel room. I have a suburban and it fits perfectly on top of all the hockey bags. It just looks quite funny to be rolling in a rebounder with our luggage.

Cheryl