Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-14-14, 02:06 AM  
BlueSwede

I've been a lurker on VF for a long time, but haven't posted much. Thanks for the welcome!
BlueSwede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-14, 06:41 AM  
Lucky Star
VF Supporter

W E L C O M E !!!
We may not have posted regularly on its forum but Collage Video was a huge part of our lives and fitness history as well. We will all miss them and would love to have you with us!
Lucky Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-14, 07:15 AM  
Vantreesta

It's so nice to read so many posts of how much people will miss Collage. I mean, obviously we forum users knew we were not at all the only ones, but it was easy to forget just how many people lurked over there and valued their customer service and website and everything. Their closing is a loss to pretty much everyone who loves fitness DVDs!
Vantreesta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-14, 07:39 AM  
deineira

Greetings to all of the new members who are coming from the Collage Forum! I, too, was a huge Collage fan and credit them with becoming a total vidiot over the last 20 years or so. I was so sorry to hear they are going out of business. Although am fairly new to this forum too, I can honestly say it's a great group of folks and people here are knowledgeable and encouraging. I'm also a refugee from the Cathe forum for eons, and the variety here suits me very well.

I hope you all settle in and that we can support and enable each other for a long time to come!
deineira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-14, 09:00 AM  
WWWendy
Community Manager

Welcome! and a note

I also wanted to say welcome, and to note that we're getting a big influx of new members (alongside our usual high # of spambot registrations). I approve all new accounts manually, and I check them in several ways against spam databases, so there is often a delay. This is a measure to prevent those spambot accounts from being able to post, and it has generally worked well for us to keep spam off the board, even if it does take some time.

If you want to speed approval of your account, please send me an email to wendy@videofitness.com with the subject line "Collage Forum refugee" and in the email please give me the name on your VF account and ask me to approve you.

It is also helpful if, when registering, you fill in some of the profile information with fitness-relevant info. If it looks like something a fitness video fan would write, I usually approve those without additional checks. Spambots rarely fill them out, and if they do, they don't make sense.

Please also email me if you have trouble registering - occasionally our automated anti-spam measures will think you're a spammer even if you're not, usually because your ISP has assigned an IP address to you that was once used to send spam. If that is the case, include in your email what VF user name you would like to have, and the email address you would like to have associated with your account.

Edited to add the following: If you once registered at VF and have a a VF name already but want it to match your old Collage name, you can also email me and ask to change it. You also could put in your signature block something that indicates what your Collage user name was.

Please let your fellow Collage friends know the above info if they are having trouble or if they haven't been approved yet!

Every online community is a little different, so you might want to read some or all of the following stuff:

forum guidelines:http://www.videofitness.com/vfguidelines.php
commercial posting guidelines: http://www.videofitness.com/commercialposting.php
disclosure policy: http://www.videofitness.com/disclosure.php
video exchange rules and tips: http://forum.videofitness.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17
our policy on diet talk: http://www.videofitness.com/dietfreezone.php

Again, welcome, and be assured you're among kindred spirits here!

DISCLOSURE: I have a professional relationship with a seller or producer of fitness videos or products. For details, please see my profile.

Last edited by WWWendy; 03-14-14 at 09:05 AM. Reason: addition
WWWendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-14, 09:11 AM  
Pat58
VF Supporter

Welcome to all Collageians! I used to purchase from Collage but did my chatting, posting and reviewing here at VideoFitness. VF is a great community, you will feel at home in no time!

I'm loving all the new Collage threads and check-ins!
Pat58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-14, 09:32 AM  
summer breeze
VF Supporter

I would also like to welcome all the Collage members here!! I did post sometimes on the Collage forum and got some wonderful advice and information there. You will fit right in here and I look forward to "meeting" and chatting with all of you
summer breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-14, 09:40 AM  
greekygirl

I'm from collage too

Hi everyone, I'm a fellow collage customer and am also devastated that they went out of business. I didn't really post on the forum but I do read it and I bought all my DVDs from them. I don't know where to buy them now! Can I buy them on here? Please help! Thank you!
greekygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-14, 09:40 AM  
slinks

Thanks for your welcome, I joined VF in 2008 but never posted, I lurked for a little while .. VF is so big I never knew where to go .. I'm glad we have another forum to turn to, the closing of Collage is heartbreaking .. thank you once again ..
slinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-14, 09:41 AM  
slinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by greekygirl View Post
Hi everyone, I'm a fellow collage customer and am also devastated that they went out of business. I didn't really post on the forum but I do read it and I bought all my DVDs from them. I don't know where to buy them now! Can I buy them on here? Please help! Thank you!

Total Fitness dvd .. :-) http://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/

Last edited by slinks; 03-14-14 at 09:43 AM. Reason: add link
slinks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collage, collage forum