Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 03-29-15, 10:10 PM  
JENILU

I am in agreement with pretty much everything said. I want to be able o hold what I pay for (for free I'll use youtube, but won't pay for it, and I can't just put my computer anywhere and workout- I don't see thatwell, especially on floorwork).
I would never pay for streaming. As others have said, its like paying a huge rental fee and then its"poof" if they decide to shut down. The reasons go on and on for me.

If You Argue for Your Limitations, You Get to Keep Them!

"Accept responsibility for your life. Know it is you who will get you where you want to go, noone else." Les Brown
JENILU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-15, 10:43 PM  
Paine
VF Supporter

Jari's "Get Ripped & Chiseled" is my favorite of all her DVDs so I'd like an updated version of that with these characteristics:

1. DVD only! I won't download a Jari workout.

2. PLEASE, another DVD like "Get Ripped & Chiseled" but with a more thorough lower body section AND a good Ab segment.

3. Isolated Muscle Toning Exercises (NOT compound moves).

4. Controlled moves (NOT cardio intensive).

5. Filmed in a bright environment (not in a dark dungeon).
Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-15, 01:19 AM  
txfitmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paine View Post
Jari's "Get Ripped & Chiseled" is my favorite of all her DVDs so I'd like an updated version of that with these characteristics:

1. DVD only! I won't download a Jari workout.

2. PLEASE, another DVD like "Get Ripped & Chiseled" but with a more thorough lower body section AND a good Ab segment.

3. Isolated Muscle Toning Exercises (NOT compound moves).

4. Controlled moves (NOT cardio intensive).

5. Filmed in a bright environment (not in a dark dungeon).
I agree! I just did GR&C the other day and there was way too much focus on the upper body. I also do not like compound moves or cardio intensive exercises.

I hope she does continue to make DVDs. I really don't like downloads much either or streaming. I have problems frequently with buffering issues with my youtube workouts, drives me crazy so then I just end up breaking out a DVD workout!

Dreams aren't just dreams, they are goals that can be achieved.
txfitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-15, 06:42 AM  
dixie

I want to "own" what I purchase. I will most likely never purchase a download or streaming workouts. I dont have a smart TV or a computer in my exercise room.
dixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-15, 06:54 AM  
suzannaerin

DVDs definitely. I only stream Cathe Live (not on demand) and SBF. That is the limit of my paid streaming. I definitely would be interested in buying DVDs, if the workout looked appealing to me.
suzannaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-15, 07:20 AM  
LoveVA

Just chiming in to register my preference for DVDs. I'm not a technophobe, I just prefer DVDs for many of the reasons already listed here. I do a lot of Jari DVDs, so I will definitely be interested in her new ones. However, if they are download only, I will probably pass.

ETA: Streaming is a non-starter with me. I have no room near my computer for a work out and I don't want to deal with buffering/freezing issues. I just want to pop in a DVD and get to work.
LoveVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-15, 07:27 AM  
andtckrtoo

By offering both a download (which is different from Streaming) and a DVD both, she reaches a bigger audience, and the more technically challenged are more likely to order a DVD.
Old 03-30-15, 07:50 AM  
alisoncooks

Well, if we are going into what we want on dvd:
  • Something like her Original Ripped, Slim & Lean, or GR&C
  • No compound moves
  • No cardio bursts or dancing
  • No other leads but Jari -- her friends are nice and all, but I like Jari!

And if she can give us a 40-min (or less) TOTAL BODY STRENGTH, I'd be thrilled!!

ETA: LOL, before I just glanced at Paine's list above...now I went back to carefully read it, and I see that Paine and I are pretty much in agreement.
alisoncooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-15, 08:53 AM  
athompson10
VF Supporter

Another who likes physical ownership of DVDs. I don't have streaming capability on my workout room TV yet, nor a setup that would easily allow me to hook up a laptop and play downloads. If she goes streaming/download only, I would not buy any more of her workouts, and I own just about everything she's put out.
Old 03-30-15, 09:33 AM  
bubbles76

I would purchase as well, as long as it's not ridiculously priced and offers something different. I also own most of what Jari has put out, and once I got past the bat cave feel and the puffy workout cupcake skirt, I was able to get a good workout!
"You humans have the potential to be the most wonderful beings there are - if you can get past all these enormous stupid spots you seem to have in your hearts. It's not your fault. You just don't know how to work your hearts right yet. That's why there are dogs." - Jim Butcher, Zoo Day
bubbles76 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
jari love, streaming