Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion
Register Support VF Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-15, 09:42 AM  
macska
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ced View Post
Thanks for this! I was nearly taken in by the clips and, honestly, even more by the promise of toning my "thass" . But I was nervous that it wouldn't be worth the $ so I am glad my thass and I waited to hear some feedback .
Yeah. The "thass" is nice but honestly, nothing special. It's your good old floorwork with a band. Save your money.

"You finish when you are done not when you are tired."
David Goggins
macska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-15, 10:24 AM  
Helen S
VF Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by macska View Post
Yeah. The "thass" is nice but honestly, nothing special. It's your good old floorwork with a band. Save your money.
Thanks macska. You made me want to wait too. I want to buy the new Toniques and I'm waiting for Jillian's Bodyshred to go down in price. Those are the ones that I really want at the moment.
Old 03-27-15, 05:34 PM  
s2546

yes, thank macska. really appreciate your thoughts on this. i can wait

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-15, 06:06 AM  
acescholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by macska View Post
Thanks for your feedback. I've used the ab workout he posted on youtube (I think it's from the new dvds) a few times, and I think the moves are good--but the rest of the promo clip didn't really grab me. He does seem like a talented and skilled instructor, and I hope he comes out with more offerings.

I like the weighted moves he uses on this youtube short (after the 3 minute mark), and I was hoping that he'd do some of these type of moves on the dvds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgGI_iQxOew

I am still interested to hear more about this set, though--and will keep my eye on this thread.
acescholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-15, 08:18 PM  
Taiga

When this first came on my radar, I looked at the set and decided it was over-priced by about $20 or so when considering similar offerings from other instructors. That did not deter me in the slightest because the program seemed to be exactly what I wanted. I don't mind paying a little more under those circumstances because I almost always get more use---so overall the cost per use stays fairly low. This was a hit for me. I was looking for floor/band work at a "meditative" pace and I didn't want to be repped to death (aka Tonique etc). I wanted the dread factor to be low so that I would never hesitate to use it as an add-on. This fit the bill perfectly. And double bonus because the instructor is quite pleasant. I am so turned off by chatterbugs and drill sergeants right now!

If you want death by rep, lightning speed or advanced floorwork, look elsewhere. I enjoyed the relaxing pace and had a nice warmth in my muscles which allowed me to get deeper into some hip opening stretches.

The price will likely come down later but I'm in a hurry to get ready for summer so I'm glad I made the plunge
Old 03-30-15, 05:04 AM  
acescholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
This was a hit for me.
Thanks for your comments. I'd love to hear more about the workouts--which are your favorites? I also really like his personality, and his gracefulness is inspiring.
acescholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-15, 06:15 AM  
s2546

thanks Taiga. It is so nice to hear everyone's thoughts on these dvds. that's why i love this place. we all have different needs at different times so it is so helpful. thanks to all

sue
s2546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-15, 10:10 AM  
Taiga

Quote:
Originally Posted by acescholar View Post
Thanks for your comments. I'd love to hear more about the workouts--which are your favorites? I also really like his personality, and his gracefulness is inspiring.
My favorite so far is the thass routine I like the slower pace band work and my hips felt warm and loose after completing it. I've had trouble with high rep floor work causing tightness in my hips so I think this will allow me to strengthen and provide a nice warm-up for hip opening practices. I also like his upper body routine --- plank and band work appeal me so it was nice to have the mix in one place. I plan on doing the dancer legs and post recovery routines tomorrow and can report on those later. Again, advanced folks and bar/mat experts using Tonique mat etc will probably find these disappointing. They are simple, not highly innovative (though he adds some nice touches!) and relatively lower rep. The pace really allowed me to use excellent form and hit the area well. I also find his laid back manner to be a real bonus. So overall, the program just really matched what I wanted at the moment. I think there will be plenty of people that end up not liking the simplicity or the "meditative" pace. These are perfect add-ons for me (so a decent workout with limited suffering )

Running late for work so off I go
Old 03-31-15, 11:22 AM  
fuzzie
VF Supporter

I have done all the segments on the DVD except for the Upper Body one and I very much like them. I completely agree with Taiga's assessment regarding the "meditative" feel of these. I have been doing TA Real Time classes 4x a week for 3 months now and this is a really nice change. I find that the slower, very controlled pace works my body differently and it is surprisingly challenging. Yesterday I did the "thass" segment and was shocked that the 2 sets of 16 hip extensions with the band felt really hard (I must do a thousand hip extension in a TA workout!).

The moves are not revolutionary but there are some nice variations - I love the "diamond to arabesque move" in the thass workout. I also like how the leg workout includes a lot of balance work and the band targets the postural muscles.

Jason is a fun instructor, upbeat yet calm.
fuzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-15, 05:33 PM  
naturallove

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzie View Post
I have done all the segments on the DVD except for the Upper Body one and I very much like them. I completely agree with Taiga's assessment regarding the "meditative" feel of these. I have been doing TA Real Time classes 4x a week for 3 months now and this is a really nice change. I find that the slower, very controlled pace works my body differently and it is surprisingly challenging. Yesterday I did the "thass" segment and was shocked that the 2 sets of 16 hip extensions with the band felt really hard (I must do a thousand hip extension in a TA workout!).

The moves are not revolutionary but there are some nice variations - I love the "diamond to arabesque move" in the thass workout. I also like how the leg workout includes a lot of balance work and the band targets the postural muscles.

Jason is a fun instructor, upbeat yet calm.
The previews really look like he executes things at a controlled yet challenging pace. I definitely want to try this one down the road.
naturallove is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jason wimberly, wimberlean