Video Fitness Forum  

Go Back   Video Fitness Forum > Video Fitness Reader Forum > General Discussion

Old 10-25-15, 09:27 PM  
dlg

1. Warm up Up + Cardio 1 + Stretch
7. Warm up Up + Cardio 2 + Stretch

I don't understand why these are considered "premixes". Shouldn't the original workouts already have a warm up and stretch? Are the non-premixed workouts only cardio?
Old 10-26-15, 09:04 AM  
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlg View Post
1. Warm up Up + Cardio 1 + Stretch
7. Warm up Up + Cardio 2 + Stretch

I don't understand why these are considered "premixes". Shouldn't the original workouts already have a warm up and stretch? Are the non-premixed workouts only cardio?
EXACTLY!! It's like they're totally going for quantity over quality! These are not even premixes - they are the workouts themselves with a chapter added or omitted. They don't even mix up the order of the chapters in the premixes - they are the same as they appear in the as-produced workouts. Ugh!!!!!! Cathe is my favorite and I was so excited about this series (especially given the fairly creative RWH premixes), but I am just so unimpressed by these premixes. Strongly considering cancelling my preorder.

Last edited by Pascal; 10-26-15 at 09:12 AM. Reason: clarity
Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 09:51 AM  
eyefit
VF Supporter

Well I don't think it's serious enough to cancel the preorder as these workouts sound like they are going to be awesome. The preorder price is just too fantastic to pass up knowing I would eventually get these anyway. I learned my lesson when I cancelled the LIS series preorder due to being influenced by the bandwagon mentality. BUT I do agree that these premixes are uninspired. Quantity over quality is exactly what went wrong with the XTrain series premixes.

Still looking forward to the workouts!!
Old 10-26-15, 10:15 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy2 View Post
I am so annoyed just looking at this list. It lacks any and all creativity. Why not mix up cardio 1 and cardio 2? Why not put a body part exercise after every 2 cardio segments? Did they not read the reviews that raved about the creative premixes on RWH? Did they not read the reviews that ranted about the XTrain boring mixes? ARGHHH!!! And all the gushing posts about the "24 premixes!!!" on Facebook are so confusing to me. Are they looking at the actual premxes, or just the number of them??

Hopefully these are chaptered really well and I'll be able to make my own mixes using the Workout Blender. But the main reason I ordered the DVDs was because if I just use On Demand I miss out on the premixes...

I hope she'll list the premixes for all the DVDs. If they all look like this I might cancel my preorder and just use them On Demand.
Is anyone posting on her site about how uninspired they are? or is that taboo to post negative comments over there?

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 10:30 AM  
lavna

Quote:
Originally Posted by momofcha View Post
Is anyone posting on her site about how uninspired they are? or is that taboo to post negative comments over there?
I think that's the reason!
Personnally, I wouldn't dare!!!

Nathalie
lavna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 10:32 AM  
momofcha

Quote:
Originally Posted by lavna View Post
I think that's the reason!
Personnally, I wouldn't dare!!!

Nathalie
It probably wouldn't matter anyway

"I'm just one workout away from a good mood." ~ Valerie Waters
momofcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 10:33 AM  
Rhonda

All the replies over there are how wonderful the premixes are and are so happy to see so many.

It does seem if you post something negative you get people who respond to you rudely. I rarely post over there.
Rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 11:48 AM  
andtckrtoo

She's saying Late Fall... Does that mean December 20th? As that is technically late Fall.
Old 10-26-15, 12:24 PM  
wendy2

I just posted my disappointment on her Facebook page, but I'm "banned for life" from her site so I can't post over there.

Regarding canceling the preorder due to crappy premixes--since the only reason I ordered the DVD version is so I don't miss out on premixes, it would make sense to cancel if they are all similar to what she's posted. I subscribe to her On Demand, so I'd still have access to all the material. I will end up making my own premixes with the Workout Blender either way, but I was hoping to have some of it done for me...
wendy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-15, 01:12 PM  
Erica H.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendy2 View Post
I just posted my disappointment on her Facebook page, but I'm "banned for life" from her site so I can't post over there.
Why would you support Cathe by buying her products and subscribing to On Demand if she banned you from her forum? She obviously doesn't want your business.

Hope I'm not out of line by asking. I'm just curious.

Erica
Erica H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cathe, cathe ice series, flex train, ice, ice reviews, peripheral heart action